[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
What am I in for?
>>
>>344767094
A disappointment compared to the first game
>>
>>344767094
A squad based strategy game.
>>
>>344767094
Dawn of War II
>>
>>344767094
HONORABLE BATTLE BROTHER

1) Thaddeus is a weak piece of wet tissue whose HP bar is pathetic.

2) Cyrus can brokenly destroy just about anything.

3) You can't use melta bombs on Tyrannids.

4) Remember to bring good heavy weapons and explosives on some missions, because you literally won't be able to kill some hardcore enemies otherwise.

5) Don't bother building balanced stats. Advance their core stat, and a secondary one. You only get 20 and 30 levels, so choose wisely.
>>
>>344767094
It's not an RTS. There's no resource gathering, unit building, large scale battles, etc. There is an RTS mode, but it's dull and not the focus of the game.
>>
>>344767428
What would you call it?
>>344767236
Then is it a good thing I haven't played the first?
>>
>>344767615
Play the second one first or you might not like it, at least I didn't.
>>
>>344767615
>What would you call it?

It's a Diablo.
>>
>>344767094
Good campaign. Shit skirmish mode.
>>
Their mistake was to call it Dawn of War 2.
And the proof of that is that you have still autists crying how this game isn't like DoW.

The game is great in of itself.
It's a squad based strategy game with every squad having different powers kinda like heroes in WC3 or Mobas.
They also level up and you get gear for them, which not only boosts stats but also unlocks new abilities.
You micro manage these 5x4 dudes to victory, against countless cannon fodder and huge bosses which honestly can be great fun and make for some badass moments if you are down with that.
>>
File: dawn of war.png (3 MB, 1624x2423) Image search: [Google]
dawn of war.png
3 MB, 1624x2423
>>344767094
>>
>>344769212
I liked dark crusade though
>>
>>344769212
>He couldn't beat Winter Assault
>Soulstorm>Dark Crusade

Neck yourself
>>
>>344767236
>MUH EPIC BATTLES XD
>What? Base building? Yeah every faction does that in the fluff!
>What? Resource collecting? Yeah every faction does that in the fluff!

DoW2 is closer to the fluff. They're both different games. DoW1fags have ended up causing DoW3 to be made.
>>
File: 1462460207661.png (245 KB, 769x437) Image search: [Google]
1462460207661.png
245 KB, 769x437
>>344769212
every thread
>>
>>344769212
>disliking dark crusade

what the fuck is wrong with you senpai
>>
>>344769212
>He hates Dark Crusade.

The fuck, man?
>>
>>344770571
Actually holding out against trillions of tyranids with like 18 people felt way more EPIC than anything in DoW.

My guess is, most of these fags just miss maxing out their little autistic base and then "cleverly" stomping the enemy with the late game units.

Don't get me wrong here, I actually enjoyed DoW+expansions more than DoW2+expansions but I'm pretty sure I know which kind of RTS players absolutely need their base to be happy.
>>
File: sparkles for the sparkle gods.jpg (49 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
sparkles for the sparkle gods.jpg
49 KB, 594x334
Compstompers have caused DoW3 to be made.

This is what you've caused.
>>
File: Steam charts DoW.png (391 KB, 782x715) Image search: [Google]
Steam charts DoW.png
391 KB, 782x715
DC samefag up to his tricks again.

Reminder that no one actually plays DC because its a broken unbalanced mess.

Reminder that the "people" who keep defending DC is one person samefagging who pulls this shit in every thread.

Reminder that though you can samefag the shit out of an anonymous image board you cant samefag the user stats on steam charts
>>
>>344771836
Dow 3's gameplay looks cool

the artstyle looks ok not as gritty as I wanted
>>
>>344771980
What specific things do you dislike about Dark crusade?
>>
>>344771980
DESU. This. It took a bunch of mods to get the game just right. Only problem i had with soulstorm was in vanilla you couldnt keep your previous base build. Just what you Reqd from orbit. Making base building a waste of time.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.