[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is this good now? I'm considering to try it, but not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (61 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
61 KB, 460x215
So is this good now?
I'm considering to try it, but not sure if is worth the hassle to download 50gb
>>
If it was good, it wouldn't be free to play
>>
>>344763704
Id also like to know if it is worth the download.
Bored as fuck atm since it is the middle of the year wasteland of fuck all games.
>>
It's only 20 now. It's pretty fun but the amount of ingame currency you get is abysmal
>>
>>344763704
They haven't changed shit. Just made it f2p. Still not worth your time.
>>
>>344763704
>>344763792
It's still a 4v1 asymm game so if those aren't your thing go away

They've significantly changed the way the game works to make fights more frequent and hiding less effective. Everyone now has a dome, domes cannot miss, support's group cloak has been replaced by a group shield, the monster's traversal stamina is no longer boosted by getting shot, all trappers now have a satellite that will show you the direction of the monster every 30 seconds (prevents hiding until stage 3)

They haven't significantly changed the demands of combat which means most hunters are easily-killed idiots who don't understand how to use and manage their jetpacks, but beyond that the game is much more friendly for non-competitive players.
>>
>>344764203
>those aren't your thing

What are some notable asymm titles senpaitachi?
>>
>>344763704
Support is a fucking Shit tier class.

i havent seen anyone decent with it and the only thing worth doing with it is the shield thing with hank.

Also Vals medic gun could use a slight buff.
>>
>>344763704
Lots of things haven't been fixed about the game
- How long it takes to get into a game, 1-ish min in queue, 2 mins prep time, which the monster always seems to take the whole time.
- Party always seems to disband after each game
- Brown/grey/dark green palette - just depressing
- Still lots of running around with people who have no idea what they're doing, just less of it now

I'll try it again this weekend, I really can't be bothered though. I'm doing a replay of DXHR which is far better
>>
>>344764415
>Following the monster tracks and not attempting to cut it off.

Man, people are really fucking dumb on this game
>>
>>344763704
>DirectX 11
>>
>>344764498
I play support and I'm usually the one actually out in front, following the monsters tracks, everyone else seems to not know where to go, least of all the trapper
>>
File: Behemoth-stages-lg.jpg (278 KB, 1920x750) Image search: [Google]
Behemoth-stages-lg.jpg
278 KB, 1920x750
Here's their website as to whats changed since the original game: http://www.evolveupdates.com/stage2/

If you never played Evolve before there are some decent tutorial to start you off once you download
>>
>>344763704
>game is bad
>make it f2p
>is it good now?
what do you think OP
>>
>>344764296
Notably assymetric multiplayer games:
-Dead by Daylight
-Natural Selection 2
-Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (spies vs mercs)
-Savage: The Battle for Newerth

Basically any game where the two opposed teams have completely different abilities and resources at their disposal.

In Evolve it's 1 monster that can gain armor and eat and evolve to power up vs a team of 4 hunters (a medic, an assault, a trapper for CC, and a support that does different things based on who you pick)

IIRC there are 7 monsters and 7 hunters of each type (for 28 hunters)
>>
Is that one monster still OP as fuck? I forgot what it's called, I quit playing like 2 weeks after release.
>>
Unplayable.

1 monster on free rotation is fine, but only 1 fucking Hunter of each role? Literally would rather watch paint dry.
>>
>>344765001
Yes, Wraith is currently the best monster and still OP as fuck. They plan to nerf it, although Elder Kraken is also OP now.
>>
>>344763797
I'm downloading now on Steam and it's 60 gigs.
>>
>>344764369
You're retarded, support is the most important class on your team. Without support shields your medic doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of staying up.

Best support is Sunny (her kit is fundamentally broken, just like Laz's, except instead of being garbage her kit is way too strong) followed closely by default Hank and Bucket (Bucket's UAV has been replaced with a power-recharger that effects the whole team, makes the team shield power insanely good)
>>
>>344765158
>They plan to nerf it

Oh dear. They were planning on nerfing it back when the game came out and everyone was complaining about how strong it was. Did they nerf it and then buff it or something?
>>
>>344763704
yeah it's pretty good
most of the running around forever problems are fixed and the game is finally how it should have been
as it stands its one of the best f2p games on steam and is for sure worth a try
>>
>>344765068
>free game
>complain he doesn't get more content
>for free

master the character they give you and save the keys for a character/monster you want
>>
>>344765158
>Wraith
HAHAHA

Oh god you shitters never cease to amaze me. Wraith is fucking fine, they're changing her because they overestimated pubbers and people keep shooting the decoy which CONSTANTLY FLASHES WHITE instead of chasing the actual Wraith.

>>344765001
Kraken is actually more OP than he was when you quit, though that's slightly mitigated by Hunters having more defensive options.
>>
They should really increase the cooldown on planet scanning.
>>
>>344764910
the game wasn't bad
all its content was cut and locked behind a pay wall
it had some major flaws, but most of those are fixed now
you could at least read literally anything about the game or play it before judging it
>>
Do people that owned the game before going F2P get anything special?
>>
>>344765282
They've kind-of always kept nerfing it but now the game is meant to be more action oriented
So they nerfed it's sneaking originally (slower teleport movement, less exploit out of warp-blast attck, ect.) but now the hunter dont hunt a sneaking monster

So it speeds along super fast without worrying about being seen and good luck keeping up until it starts evolving
>>
>>344765302
>most of the running around forever problems are fixed

This was mainly why I quit. It felt like a running sim. How did they fix this?
>>
>>344765551
3000 currency and all the shit you had unlocked before
also they have plans to give more to founders in the future confirmed
>>
>>344765282
Ok, so:

-game releases, wraith can escape domes, kraken slows while firing lightning and AS
-2.0 hits, Wraith traversal and warp blast are gimped, can no longer escape domes or juggle so Wraith is now useless in comp
-At the same patch they try to change Kraken so that tranqs make him fall instead of slow down while flying. Instead they just make all slows of any kind fail to have an effect on Kraken while flying (including the slow effect when casting lightning). This makes the Kraken unstoppable
-Devs were shown the glitch and people complained like crazy as the comp scene became nothing but Kraken wipes resulting in a coin toss and TRS went "lol pub telemetry says Kraken is fine get fukt"
-Tier 4 hunters and behemoth released; tier 4 hunters are broken as fuck and behemoth is nothing but glitches (and still is to this day), everyone quits
-TRS adds an arena mode that 5 people give a fuck about
-6 months go here
-F2P
>>
>>344765353
>free
Nigger I have more video games than I can play even if I dedicate the rest of my life to just playing video games. I'm not fucking wasting my time on skinner boxes, and the game isn't worth buying into, because it's the biggest fucking blunder in recent history and you never know when it could go back into a sub 200 playerbase.
>>
>>344765668
Every hunter can dome the monster and
the trapper has a global scan he can use every 30 seconds that'll highlight the monster for him for like 5 seconds, and mark it's general location on everyone's compass.
>>
>>344765540
>all its content was cut and locked behind a pay wall
You literally cannot pay for anything, you cannot pay for founder status and you cannot buy in-game currency.

If you previously owned the game everything you had is still unlocked, including skins. It's great fun to shit all over a hunter team with TRS Gold Kraken.
>>
>>344765668
1. the dome never misses, if the monster is in range there is a prompt to dome him
2. the dome is teamwide, if your support or assault runs into the monster he can dome him
3.the monster is easier to track because of the trackers planet scanner which tells you the monsters general area
4. monsters at stage 1 are largely buffed so a fight at stage 1 is not just a stomp on the monster
>>
>>344763704
no, basic game design is bad. that's why it failed
>>
So did they nerf Lazarus over night?

His Lazarus Device nerfs players health like a normal revive
Now it's only use is to revive dead members faster than the dropship
>>
>>344765804
before it was f2p
2 season passes
im aware they wont even let you buy shit atm
>>344765668
i should also mention hiding inside the dome doesnt work for the monster anymore
the dome last 5 minutes, ever time a hunter is incapacitated or the monster takes damage to his health beyond his shield the domes timer goes down more
>>
>>344765970
try reading literally anything and you will see they have made massive changes to its game design
it failed because of the business model, that is a fact
>>344766019
what did they to to walter white?
>>
Am I the only one that literally never plays monster?
>>
>>344765186
20gb on steam for me
>>
>>344766130
i play monster maybe 10% of the time
monster is pretty intense whereas hunter is comfy af
>>
>>344765215
Im retarded?

I just want a game with a decent support
>>
File: ayyy.jpg (47 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.jpg
47 KB, 900x506
>>344766130
It's my last pref but I've still gotten it a few times. It's not bad, though.

>pick kraken
>2 lightning 1 mines 1 vortex
>be an annoying fuck for 7-10 minutes
>win
>>
>>344766118
>Implying it only failed because of the Jewing
The balance was thrown out of the window with Kraken destroying everyone and TRS doing nothing about it. Tier 4 Hunters were tested by retards, there's no other fucking way that could explain how the okay was given for their release. Behemoth was a glitchy, buggy piece of shit, and still is to this very fucking day.
>>
>>344766118
lazarus device removes hunters health like a normal revive

so its just a fast normal revive with a larger revive window
>>
>>344763771

I personally loved the fuck out of it.
Moneygrabbing DLC and the like was what killed it for me.

Full priced game with a f2p system? Fucking hell, what were they thinking.

Still not gonna play it probably, since I'm pretty sure all new unlocks will still be locked behind paywalls.
>>
>>344764203

>removed the most fun part of the game and forced more combat

Fucking hell. Running and hiding was what made the game great. What's the fun now?
>>
>>344766603

This is bait
>>
>>344766375
thats a shame, Heisenberg is my favorite medic
>>344766335
most of the balance issues are gone, kraken is fairly balanced, not sure what you're on about behemoth being glitchy, torvald and crow a best
just go read the updates
>>
>>344764987
>Basically any game where the two opposed teams have completely different abilities and resources at their disposal

if you had just admitted that there aren't any besides evolve and dead by deadlight you wouldn't look like the complete retard you are
>>
File: dis gabagool serious.png (432 KB, 532x514) Image search: [Google]
dis gabagool serious.png
432 KB, 532x514
>>344766950
>>
>>344766747

No it's not.
The entire premise of the game was to evade the hunters until you can face them. It wasn't too hard as a hunter to trap one. So now it's even easier to trap one?
If you get caught at stage 1 or 2, you're pretty much dead if not playing against braindead hunters.
I don't think I've ever died to a stage 1 or 2 monster when we trapped him.
>>
Being playing it for about a week now.

Its....okay. Unless you get a halfway decent team the monster will win most of the time.
>Coins take far too long to get so you will be seeing the same Hunters over and over again.
>Only 2 game modes
>>
>>344766760
>most of the balance issues are gone, kraken is fairly balanced
Except Kraken still isn't slowed mid-flight when he uses LS or AS, he hasn't been tuned at all. Hunters have slightly more sustain with group shields but Kraken can still focus someone down criminally easily by vortexing someone into banshee mines then hitting LS or pouncing.

>not sure what you're on about behemoth being glitchy
At release he took double damage while rolling, could infinitely chain heavy attacks with roll attacks that both cause tumble, and his all-important rock wall ability fails or glitches out on all but the most even terrain.

You literally cannot buy him with keys he is so glitchy, you can only use him if you're a legacy player.

>Torvald and Crow a best
Torvald was the best when he released but is now absolute shit. His main weapon is garbage and his mortars have been nerfed into the ground. Crow is useless because he excels at neither CC nor damage and tracking is no longer an important part of being trapper.
>>
>>344767079
I've only played f2p but I've killed plenty of teams as a stage 2 monster. I won't pretend like they were competent, though, since I'm just being matched with other newbies.
>>
>>344767079
>If you get caught at stage 1 or 2, you're pretty much dead if not playing against braindead hunters.
The dome goes down when the monster takes two health bars of damage or a minute after he incaps a player.
>>
>>344766603
>>344766747
>>344767079

From a Steam review;

>The hunt was intense and thrilling, a slight mistake could spell disaster for either team and could really change the pace of a match.

>Stage two has removed these aspects.

>Evolve stage two has been simplified and shrunk into a game where the monster must run full sprint to hit stage 3, there is no more cat and mouse, no more sneaking, stealth is no longer a feature.

>the game is now more about the skirmishes and fighting than the act of actually hunting one another.

>The timer is restricting as even if a monster manages to outrun the hunters and pull a perfect game, he's basically left with 3 minutes to finish the match or he loses. And with the adjustments made to the hunters (passive healing, extra sheilding, ect.) the hunters are harder than ever to kill even at stage 3. The monsters virtually garunteed to take health damage, even with a perfect execution simply because in their attempt to simplify it for new players the dev's have devalued skill.

>The games devolved into more of a brawl than anything else and for me personally thats dissapointing.

Sums up what I was going to say about it.
>>
>>344767528
that makes me sad

like they just got rid of the aspect that made it unique and tried to appeal to ADHD casuals instead
>>
>>344767528
>>344768246
>>344767079
Look, the simple fact is that Evolve before wasn't balanced at either a competitive or pub level in combat, and stealth was far too effective of a tactic at all levels of play.

Complaining about the timer is literally just being a coward. You need to fight to win, that's the reason the timer existed in the first place, you can't just sit in an advantageous position and wait for the hunters to come to your killing field.

I'm sorry that you can't get by on piss-easy stealth alone anymore as monster, you're going to have to learn how to fight.
>>
So when will they fucking rename trappers to "inferior support"? The class literally serves no fucking purpose now, just give everyone the plantery scanner like you did the dome.
>>
>>344767079
>If you get caught at stage 1 or 2, you're pretty much dead if not playing against braindead hunters.
You're an idiot.

Not only was winning at Stage 2 in the old evolve more than possible even in comp play, pre-stage 3 monsters in the new F2P version are stronger than ever.

You get 4 powers instead of 3 at stage 1 and you start at stage 3 armor, only health and melee damage increases with evolves now.

Further the dome timer goes down as you take health damage or down hunters, you literally cannot die in one dome.
>>
all i want is more content. sure is free and there's stuff there, but with this free to play model, they need to add more monsters, maps and characters, like warframe and shit like that.
it was hard too look at the main concept artist's works and that most of that stuff was never going to be in evolve since it was dead. this "revival" might change it. i can imagine a barren desert, a large jungle with barely any light, underwater levels, etc
>>
File: 1745634637345.png (407 KB, 570x489) Image search: [Google]
1745634637345.png
407 KB, 570x489
>>344763704
>50gb
>>
>>344769806
It's 20, not 50.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.