[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kinda missed the boat on The Phantom Pain when it came out. Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: received_909430522502326~2.jpg (118 KB, 768x507) Image search: [Google]
received_909430522502326~2.jpg
118 KB, 768x507
Kinda missed the boat on The Phantom Pain when it came out. Just finished it. Fill me in on the memes I missed.
>>
>>344763501
the "it was a great game" meme
>>
>>344763501
the "it was a terrible game" meme
>>
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
The "Hideo Kojima is a good video game developer" meme
>>
File: codetalker000.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
codetalker000.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>>344763501
Vocal Cord Parasite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzfNrkJ-3mE
>>
PARASITES SON
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YyG5D68ags
>>
MALE TO FEMALE
COPULATION
>>
File: 1442155465067.png (111 KB, 1127x681) Image search: [Google]
1442155465067.png
111 KB, 1127x681
>>344763501
What's his name again? (pic related)
>>
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel them. The ending we've lost... the content we've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like it's all still there.
You feel it, too, don't you?
>>
You missed on the meme where everyone pretends that MGSV ruined their lives
>>
>>344767271
You have no idea how much some of us were anticipating that game. I was playing Ground Zeroes every single day while waiting.

Now I never get hyped for anything.
>>
>>344763501
How do you feel about the Phantom Content?
>>
the real meme you missed is the discussion around the game's supposed cut ending. because of some concept art and some incomplete footage around an episode were Snake goes after Eli, people speculated that Konami forced Kojima to cut the game short to meet schedules. But truth is that the footage ad nothing to the story.

until Kojima further comments upon it, the ending is Venom fading into the smoke in a flashforward scene, connecting the game to the first Metal Gear.
>>
>>344767641
Sounds like a problem with you, I have 200+hrs in
>>
>>344767776
A flash forward scene? What tells you it's a flash forward?
>>
>>344768038
The logo in the background turns into the Outer Heaven logo and 'Operation Ntrude' is the name of the mission from the first MG. The shooting noise in the background implies Snake is already there pushing shit in
>>
>>344767784
What's your point? I also have 200+ hours which is to be expected in open world games like these, especially ones that make you repeat the same thing over and over.

But I was still severely disappointed with the lack of a proper ending and how obviously unfinished the game was.
>>
>>344767776
Mission 51 is literally cut content
>>
>>344768536
>inb4 "it was cut on porpouse to make us feel the phantom pain so tpp has literally zero cut content"
>inb4 "every single game has cut content so it doesen't count"
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.