[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>play PS4 game >long load times >most games have a 30fps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: qa1y6zvrsxs3veen1hku.jpg (198 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
qa1y6zvrsxs3veen1hku.jpg
198 KB, 1920x1080
>play PS4 game
>long load times
>most games have a 30fps framerate with frequent dips
>AAA games riddled with glitches on release

meanwhile...

>play GameCube game
>loading takes a few seconds
>many games perform at 60fps with almost no dips
>AAA games properly tested before release

What the fuck happened? How does a console from 2001 play its games better than a modern console released 12 years after? Haven't we had enough generations to know what to do at this point?
>>
why would a company want to make something good when they can make something that will sell
>>
>>344762858
/thread
>>
>>344762858
Something good would probably sell even more.
>>
Most Gamecube games also don't have a realistic artstyle and/or usually don't render a lot of polygons on the screen. It's no coincidence.
Sure, modern AAA devs are lazy bums, but you have to keep in mind they also try to push graphical quality really far, which makes maintaining performance a struggle.
>>
>>344762936
Making something good takes effort and money
>>
>>344762736
>anecdotal, biased experiences from one autistic fanboy who still thinks Nintendo is relevant.
Just get a PC kiddo.
>>
>>344762736
Because the complexity of the games have increased. You think its a walk in the park to make software of this scale?
>>
>>344762736
Ps4 has bloodborne and GameCube no

/Thread
>>
Patches lead to a mindset of "it's OK if are game is buggy as hell because we can fix it!". Except they never do.
>>
>>344763136
I don't give a shit about the complexity, I've gotten more enjoyment out of my PS2 and GC in a week, than anything I've played in the past 3 years on PS4
>>
Give me a list of 60fps gamecube games
>>
>>344763545
Congrats on being a minority.
>>
>>344763850
STOP BEING BLACK
NOW
>>
>>344762936
pokemon go is the most popular game in the world so we know that's not true
>>
>>344763850
who is this guy? keeps posting his black hand touching some ps4 games
>>
Bigger became synonomous with better.

With that said, PS4 has a lot of neat features that offset this. Also most PS4 games don't have loading times. Maybe play something else but AAA shit.
>>
>>344762736
Consoles nowadays trys to hard to achieve PC standards for low price, and cant keep up with their promises (for obvious reasons).
>>
>>344763850
RE4 is a prime example of a Gamecube game that pushed the hardware. The PS2 version looks and even somehow sounds like ass in comparison.
>>
>>344764127
Yeah, the 8th gen is a fucking joke.
>Hey /v/, show me a $400 PC that will play all multiplats the PS4 can!
But then these thread conveniently ommit the fact that the PS4 struggles to maintain 30 fps, and even goes below 20 in some.
>>
>>344762736
GC didn't have a hard drive like modern consoles do, so developers HAD to release a completely debugged game (as possible) as they couldn't just patch it later. Which is what PC players had endured already for years.

Then Microcock had to go back on their promise to not bug-fix allow patches on their console by allowing them, and the rest is shit.
>>
Hey reddicucks, how the fuck do you abuse the PS4 game sharing system to buy games for cheap?

Any particular places where I should look?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.