[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there will never be a proper Halo stealth game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: SpartanIII_final.jpg (218 KB, 1024x1502) Image search: [Google]
SpartanIII_final.jpg
218 KB, 1024x1502
>there will never be a proper Halo stealth game
>>
>there will never be a Starcraft: Ghost
>>
File: kanna.png (1 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
kanna.png
1 MB, 1080x1080
>there will never be a Terror From The Deep - Republic Commando
>>
>>344747196
>the stealth and tactical elements in ODST were purely superficial

feels bad
>>
Why is tactical gameplay + unrealistic setting such a rare combination?

Shit like Receiver or Zeonic Front are hype as hell, there should be more games like that.
>>
>>344747196
>>344748757
Have you played Alien? Some parts should cater to your needs
>>
Like why was the XCOM shooter some shit mass effect clone when it would have made more sense to make SWAT 4 with aliens?
>>
>>344749018
There are a million alien games you gotta be more specific.
>>
>>344749027
Agreed. Personally I wish there was something in the Halo series with the gameplay depth of MGS, where instead of having an AI talk to you all the time, you have a team of assistants, or one AI that gives you in depth tactical strategies. I feel like the attention to detail in the entire series go towards the graphics and the general feel of shooting, when it could go into so many different areas.
>>
ODST was suppose to have lots of stealth in it

What a shame
>>
>there will never be a super-hard co-op tactical shooter where you play as a squad of spec-ops Grunts
>>
>>344750156
You'd think expanding into other, more flexible settings would have been the next step for tactical shooters and stealth games but instead they went full retard and/or multiplayer only.
>>
>>344747196

Halo: ONI when
>>
>>344747368
>there will never be sequel to C&C Renegade

At least Renegade X is fun as fuck
>>
>>344750218
What is the point of a spin-off if you're going to make it so similar to the main game?
>>
>>344751813
Easy money
>>
not here to see if game concept would sell before starting development or anything

just quit bonnie, you cant make good games
>>
>>344752160
it was a huge wasted opportunity

remember when bungie was a versatile developer that knew how to make more than one genre?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.