[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arena was shit Daggerfall was good Morrowind was good Oblivion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
Arena was shit
Daggerfall was good
Morrowind was good
Oblivion was good
Skyrim was good
Fallout 3 was good
Fallout 4 was meh

Do you think TESVI will be good?
>>
Requirements for ES6 to meet the standard:
>no voiceover
>raise stat variety
>better guild quests + more time spent on guilds
>difficulty raises in progression, not purely by leveling
>>
>>344745110
>Oblivion was good
I will never not be mad
>>
>>344745110
yes, I believe in the Todd

also Arena and Oblivion were meh
>>
>>344745110
It's just gonna be Fallout 4 with more slashy weapons.

Not terrible, but not great either. Just sort of playable.

It's so gonna have the settlement and crafting mechanics from Fallout 4. It's like the only feature that was generally well received, broken and shitty as it was.
>>
>>344745110
TESVI will most likely follow Fallout 4's design. Bethesda removes more content each game.
>>
>>344745110
>Arena was shit
Fucking casual
>>
>>344745110
>Oblivion was good
>Skyrim was good
>Fallout 3 was good
>Fallout 4 was meh
Oblivion might get a meh but the rest was pure garbage, as is your taste.
>>
>>344745110
Daggerfall was dogshit. Shitloads of useless character custumization options nobody gave a shit about and an empty world that got boring two dungeons in.
>>
File: cyrodiil.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cyrodiil.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
And Oblivion was best, with decent gameplay that wasn't slow and boring like Skyrim and interesting quests/guilds.
>>
File: 1458056849538.jpg (37 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458056849538.jpg
37 KB, 500x375
>Skyrim was good

At least you're not one of those fags who paradoxically say Oblivion is bad but Skyrim is good.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 680x680
>>344745110
>>344745420
>>344745475
>>344745814
OBLIVION WAS GOAT
>>344746151
Agreed
>>
>>344746320
Oblivion was alright. Vanilla is flawed to no end in many ways, but at least it wasn't rotten to its core like Skyrim and quite redeemable with a few mods.
>>
Is there a skyrim mod that makes the combat fun yet?
>>
>>344745110
>Skyrim was good
>Fallout 3 was good
False.
>>
>>344745110
>Oblivion was good
>Skyrim was good
>Fallout 3 was good
Know how I know you suck cock for crack money?
>>
File: 1455381610854.gif (866 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1455381610854.gif
866 KB, 450x450
>>344745110
They're all shit.
>>
Don't know why some people get so angry about Skyrim, I enjoyed it as did a lot of other people.

Hope they don't go down the Fallout 4 route of over simplifying it and basically making it a FPS with swords instead of guns. Fallout 4 was a huge disappointment.
>>
>>344746656
Shitposters ignore them. They probably have like 20-40 hrs on Skyrim. They rushed the main story and some guild quest, and concluded Skyrim is bad.
>>
>>344746656
They already oversimplified the combat too much in skyrim, the game only has 3 stats. For a wizard all you need is health because the end game your spells will cost 1 mana anyway so no reason to boost mana. Endurace is barely useful. Only reason id put points into it is if i used a shield. Not even sure if its nececary for that because i never really went full shield use. Basically in most cases just max out health because the other two stats dont have much use.
Though the silly stat thing isnt the really main problem with the game. Its the fact that almost all enemies are humanoids. There is a big lack of enemy variety. Dragons arent even god damn scary in this game, the most scary thing about them is they can spawn in the middle of town and kill your favorite merchant.
>>
>>344746656
the longer you play it, the shittier it gets. It's just so shallow at its core, ripped of any kind of proper RPG elements, shit combat, shallow NPCs, very, very bad quest design, repetitive dungeon design.
You don't shape the world, you just run from experience to experience, just that they didn't even manage to properly shape those experiences into something unique this time around.
At least Oblivion got that part right.
>>
>>344746656
I liked the game overall, but I'm disappointed about the fact they dumbed down very many great aspects present in Morrowind (never played Oblivion so I have no idea whether it was the case there).

Morrowind's armor system was fantastic, speechcraft was nice (it had some flaws, but unlike Skyrim, it actually mattered), factions had gradual progression instead of becoming the leader in a day and joining a faction had consequences... and I could go on with many other things but I'm too fucking lazy.

I can only think of three improvements Skyrim made over Morrowind: the graphics (and that's nothing special, Morrowind is 10 years older), combat that's not so RNG based (though some people dislike that) and the fact that fucking running doesn't consume stamina.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.