[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could you imagine D55M allowing you to co-op with knight sentinals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: DOOMSLAYER.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
DOOMSLAYER.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Could you imagine D55M allowing you to co-op with knight sentinals killing off the hoards of demons because they piss you off or a boss fight against these guys having the same movement and weaponry as you?

Also, DOOM thread.
>>
>>344742915
Co-op would be a bad idea.

DOOM is about being a one man killing machine, just you vs the world, co-op would undercut one of the pillars of DOOM's philosophy and gameplay.
>>
>>344742915
halo armors heroically killing easy as fuck monsters is most boring cliche game ever invented
>>
>>344744403
True.

Then ignore that and comment on the second idea then.

>>344744515
>easy as fuck monsters
If you go for the OP runes and upgrades, sure.
>>
>>344744403
It's not like single-player would stop existing, retard.
>>
>>344744614
A boss fights against several Doomguyclones could be interesting, but you can just go to the multiplayer if you want that.

I'd rather the bosses just be various demons. I was a little disappointed we only got one new boss enemy, I was hoping for more, but then again, I really enjoyed the single player campaign, I could play that all day.
>>
>>344744702
The multiplayer wouldn't give you the same experience.

I am talking about people with the same weapons AND abilities. Basically, whatever runes you could get up to that point, some of them will have them.

Also, make them more demonic to fit the game then.

>>344744687
Also, didn't the original have some form of co-op?
>>
>>344744687

I had it in my head it'd by like Dying Light's co-op, where pretty much up to 4 people can join in on your single player to wipe out zombies (demons in DOOM I suppose), so where co-op would directly be influenced by a co-op.

>>344744814
I'd still just have straight demons, fighting evil doomguys doesn't sound that great to me.

You could mod the original to have deathmatch and coop, but it wasn't a vanilla feature out of the box in 1993.
>>
>>344745089
How about having it as a separate campaign showing what the DOOMSLAYER and the Night sentinels were doing before they were betrayed.

This allows you to ramp up the difficulty and add shit tons more demons on screen at once (Like having 30 Barons dunking around) but still have an enjoyable single player experience about the one thing the Demons fear.
>>
File: doom.png (806 KB, 1521x744) Image search: [Google]
doom.png
806 KB, 1521x744
Anyone who has Amazon Prime right now, you can buy Doom for $29.99 right now. Physical copies only though, but any system.

>mfw they just released Vulkan
>>
>>344744403
Co-op has always been a part of doom you retard

>modern /v/ is too young to remember co-oping doom at lan parties
>>
>>344745261
You couldn't have 30 barons with the new engine. Max you can have at one time is 12 I think.

>>344745968

Thought you had to mod Doom to get coop and multiplayer working, or maybe that was just a workaround for people who only had the shareware version.
>>
>>344745514
Bought a CD key for $25 on release date, shill.
>>
>>344745089
The original Doom had deathmatch out of the box in 1993. Don't know about co-op
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.