[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is MapleStory like now? Haven't played in like 8 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: maplestory.jpg (63 KB, 616x326) Image search: [Google]
maplestory.jpg
63 KB, 616x326
What is MapleStory like now? Haven't played in like 8 years is it any fun?
>>
If you're not playing MapleRoyals you're retarded.
>>
>>344741463
I'm assuming that's a private server?
>>
>>344741314
>8 years
Wew lad. This game changes like every 4 months. It's like a constant relayering of shitty content and rebalances.

But if you like it when content gets shaken the fuck up all the time then you'd like the game maybe.
>>
Speaking of old/long-lived MMOs.

Are there older Lineage II servers that'd run on a toaster from 2002?

I'd like to play with some /v/ bros. The computer is so boring without anyone to backstab people with, and the only games on fucking Live that have anyone on them are fucking CoD and shit like that.
>>
>>344741314
>>344741579
To expand on my opinions:

The thing that always pushes me away from MS every time I go back to it is the overabundance of events and daily garbage. There's so much of it and I feel required to do all of it otherwise I'll be missing out on the latest and greatest OP meme item from an event, and the shit it makes you do is like "Kill 300 of these monsters on some shitty map". It feels like a job instead of a game.

And then I wonder why I'm devoting so much time and energy to a game made for 12 year old Korean kids. I can never answer the question, so I quit.
>>
>>344741802
Same reason I quit playing WoW back in WotLK but for some reason was why I loved MS. But that's probably just the nostalgia talking
>>
>>344741463
How alive dead is that?
>>
To all old school runescape players I recommend playing Albion Online
>no bind on equip items
>no untradable items
>lose most or all items on death depending on area
>no classes, equipment gives abilities
>mage, melee, and ranger weapon classes that split into 10+ weapons making 30+ weapon families
>health, stats, and skill increases are you get better gear
>Someone wearing Tier 1 can fight someone with equipment several tiers higher and so on.
>Can become famous if you get good at crafting or farming materials
>make your own island/home/guild
>guild vs guild wars
>own territory
>no dungeon finder
>no world auction house. auction house is town specific
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azLMadmeVcc

I can go on, but it's best to just play it.costs 30$ for 4+ months and is in beta
Well worth it. Best MMO system I've played and the PvP is near perfect. Warbows are just OP.
>>
>>344741620

Nobody? Damn. Computer gaming is suffering.
>>
>>344741802
>>344742340
Also Albion isn't about questing and has no dailies. It's mainly a crafting, pvp, exploration game. My goal is to own entire cities when the game finalizes.
>>
>>344741579
>>344741802
The issue is that the concept people enjoyed 8 years ago so much is the grouping and parties, actually social people etc. Now its a solo grindfest and if you try to say hello to somebody he moves to another channel.

MapleRoyals on the other hand...
>>344742046
550 players online right now, I've seen it get to 1400 once or twice, granted I usually play on the more empty hours and don't really watch the meter.
It's people-chilling-in-henesys level of alive.

>>344741534
yes
>>
>>344742725
too soon
1060 plays now
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.