[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Odin Sphere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: odin_sphere.jpg (66 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
odin_sphere.jpg
66 KB, 854x480
finally beat this today, had a lot of fun. How did you guys find it?
>>
Worst beatemup ever.
>>
Gorgeous to look at, incredible dull and boring to play.
>>
>>344740803
>>344740798
Despite the image I'm referring specifically to Leifthrasir.
>>
>>344740880
>>
>>344740880
then why didnt you fucking post that you fucking fuck
the games play completely differently
>>
Bought it a few days ago and waiting for it to deliver, hella hyped for it to show up.
>>
I'm at the book of armageddon. I rushed through most of it and I kinda burned myself out of the game. I'll finish it soonish.
>>
>>344742094
>...
HELLO REBBIT
>>
>>344740880
still boring.
>>
>all these different ways to spend experience or gain experience

This is so fucking quaint.
>>
one of the best ARPG I ever played.
The battle system is accurate and dynamic as fuck and the combo system is so very satisfying.
You'd have to be a shitter to not find fun in it.
If you play Leifdrasir you have to go through hard mode though. Normal mode is crap and a real cakewalk
>>
Anyone else totally fucking bored by the story? The game was ok. Really liked Cornelius/Oswald's gameplay, the rest of the characters were awful. I got Muramasa after finishing this and I kind of hate it.

Dragon's Crown remains their best game.
>>
I just finished Gwen's story and the final boss was a bit too easy. I was level 59 on Hard mode.
>>
>>344746845
Why do you hate Muramasa? I never played it but I thought it looked fun.
>>
>>344746845
>the rest of the characters were awful

suck my dick you little nigger I enjoyed it
I really wish for your retarded family to die you jaded cunt
>>
>>344747086
it is fun
better than dragon's crown and not as good as odin sphere though
>>
Is it me or do Vanillaware's game's story seems to be a bit lacking.
>>
>>344747235
Dragon's Crown's story was fucking non-existent, but that's fine because it was going for the DnD style dungeon crawling and questing which worked out fantastically.

I'm actually really enjoying the story to Odin Sphere so far, gives me something to look forward to after repeating the same areas and bosses over and over again. The ending to Cornelius' story ending actually got to me.

Never played Muramasa.
>>
I enjoyed the remake. The combat was fun and it never felt like it got too old. But because you mostly go through the same areas and fight the same bosses with each character I didn't really feel like doing a 2nd playthrough. But this is definitely a game I'll replay some day, just for fun.
>>
>>344746845
>I got Muramasa after finishing this and I kind of hate it.
>Dragon's Crown remains their best game.
Absolute worst taste of all time.
>>
i'm confused with the time line. i checked story archives and turnout Prince's imposter and Ingway frog curse seem to happen at the same time. WTF?

the fairy girl didnt kiss Ingway until the Prince enter the sewer
>>
>>344747086
I just don't find the gameplay that fun, especially after Odin Sphere Leifthrasir's expansive skill system. The sword system is honestly pretty lame even though its a great concept. Environments are nice, but too often repeated.

I really hope they got a bigger budget for their new mecha game
>>
>>344746980
>Level 59

Wtf. I think I finished every story at around level 40-45
>>
>>344747235
>>344747413
Muramasa's DLC has the best stories Vanillaware's ever done. If you're looking for story, play that.
>>
File: Gwendolyn.jpg (738 KB, 1464x2414) Image search: [Google]
Gwendolyn.jpg
738 KB, 1464x2414
>>344740614
Picked it up a couple of days ago, absolutely loving it so far.
The visuals are gorgeous, and I enjoy how there's no great feel to put in a huge amount of time each sitting.
Definitely one of my favourite Vita games already
>>
So is this the best vanillaware ARPG?
>>
>>344747925
Didn't care for the game all that much but it is undoubtedly the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen in gaming on my OLED Vita
>>
i still hate it as much as i did when it was on ps2. the combat was slightly improved, but still kinda fukkin gahbage, and I can't get over the needlessly retarded levelling system.

/v/ tricked me into playing this new ver. cuz they suck vanillaware cock unconditionally
>>
>>344748358
the food eating shit was so fucking tedious. having to spend 3 mins in muggle village fastforwarding through my character eating the same shit over and over again was fucking dumb
>>
>>344748456
Nobody is forcing you to eat food. You can beat the entire game without ever eatting. There are other ways to get exp than eatting.
>>
>>344748669
It was basically insta-leveling though
>>
>>344748917
Anon. If it was something that you're forced to do in the game... then you can bitch and whine about it.

When you bitch about something optional... you sound like a entitled fool.
>>
>>344747413
>the story is great

fuck off aspie, its generic and cliché as fuck. The moment cornelius changed into that rabbit, I knew that "she'll still love him cuz muh cliché garbage"
>>
>>344748669
>there are other ways

No, there arent. grinding is tedious and xp gains are nonexistant.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.