[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: vs.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
Well, /v/?
>>
What the fuck do you think, faggot? It's literally one of the most overrated games of all time vs a deservedly praised one.
>>
File: 20160702164242_1.jpg (318 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160702164242_1.jpg
318 KB, 1920x1080
Uma?
>>
>>344734372
Completely different games, but I really don't get why Skyrim is so highly praised, everything in it is mediocre with some parts being just pure shit. Witcher has excellent writing, characters and world, but the combat and looting system could be much better.
>>
>>344734575
This could go either way depending on what kind of a faggot you are. A faggot who likes good games that are actually fun, or a faggot who likes shitty games praised by retards.

Well anon?
>>
>>344734904

Well if I was the latter faggot I'd like Skyrim, so I guess I'm the former faggot, faggot.
>>
>>344734372
I feel like /v/ shits on skyrim for almost no reason. Its actually a very good game with an intelligent and well designed leveling system. Its world is fun to explore and its POI are interesting and well thought out.

The main story is fairly good, but the civil war subplot is lackluster. I feel like if it was re-released with modern tech (Not just remastered) it would be better.

The guild quests are good, and most of the DLC are fun and interesting.

Also, as proof im not a bethesda shill, Fallout 4 is a piece of hot shit that nobody with half a brain should buy.

The witcher is a newer, prettier, and similarly well designed game.

The witcher is better, but mostly because there was 4 years between the 2 games.
>>
>>344734860
>Completely different games
Whoa, really?
>>
>>344734860
Excellent writing and characters? Geralt is literally a bland and boring "gravelly voiced, few word lone loose cannon". All the supporting characters are nothing special at all either.

It's literally just as, if not, more overrated than skyrim
>>
>>344734372
I just don't like the characters or setting of witcher, and there's no CaC to spice things up
>>
>>344735000
Well you must be a faggot who doesn't know the difference between the former and the latter, faggot. Because it's obvious a faggot like you finds the former to be the latter, and the latter to be the former.
>>
>>344735070
>Its world is fun to explore
At first - yes, but it gets old really fast when you realize all the loot is auto levelled and all dungeons are extremely similar.

When the exploration aspect is shit in a game that relies on exploration to be interesting, the game is shit.

I still have over 200 hours spent in Skyrim.
>>
>>344735453
>I still have over 200 hours spent in Skyrim.

Kinda a part of my point. Even if you think its shit, the vanilla game is still very fun, or at least time-consuming.

Mods make hilariously time consuming though.
>>
Skyrim for the lore

Witcher 3 for everything else
>>
>>344735186
I can see why the game may look bland and boring to someone who don't find Geralt / background characters interesting. Dialogues are superb in comparison to the modern standards and the game deserves praise for them alone.
>>
>>344735186
Did you even play the game? Or Witcher 1 and 2
>>
>>344736120
>playing through Witcher 1

More like suffering through it.
>>
>>344737060
People who say that combat in TW 3 is shit have never played TW1
>>
File: 1468205173466.jpg (4 MB, 3843x1440) Image search: [Google]
1468205173466.jpg
4 MB, 3843x1440
>>344734372

Witcher 3 exceeds Skyrim in every way although it doesn't even try to replicate Skyrim in anything beside having an open world.

Which doesn't say much because Skyrims entire world is trash and TW3 is fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>344737501
>Witcher 3 exceeds Skyrim in every
Except being comfy. That's why even people who hate Skyrim spend ridiculous amounts of time playing it while forgetting about TW3 the moment they're done with the questlines.
>>
>>344738180
>TW3 is not comfy
WTF m8 TW3 is lioterally the comfiest game I have ever played.
Nothing beats the viev form mountains on Ard Skellig while listening to the glorious soundtrack.
>>
File: 436.jpg (2 MB, 2752x1152) Image search: [Google]
436.jpg
2 MB, 2752x1152
>>344738180

Hey, man. If you can delude yourself into seeing something in Skyrim that it isn't then more power to you. 99% of Skyrim and the reason people enjoy it is playing pretend that the world isn't butt-ugly and that they are actually a wind-casting archer wood-elf that is special and unique with a different fight-style from any other cardboard cutout character you can play as.

All of this is false, but the illusory enjoyment factor is at maximum if you're retarded.
>>
>>344734372
shit combat = shit combat

shit story > great story

shit writing > good writhing

shit quests > somewhat good sidequests

shit world > ..etc

> ...
>>
>You will never play Witcher in first person
>>
>>344739293
good
>>
>>344738415
>Loiterally

NO lollygagging!
>>
>>344740284
Barely woke up when I wrote that, give me a break lad
>>
>>344734372
People on /v/ will disagree with me but I think Skyrim offers more freedom than Witcher 3 in many ways. Both of these games are ultimately immersive and my favourites.
>>
>>344740450
Stop right there criminal scum, you have violated my mother!

Ruined my wife!

I will destroy you!
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.