[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i gud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: FTLSlider2.jpg (23 KB, 616x353) Image search: [Google]
FTLSlider2.jpg
23 KB, 616x353
how do i gud
>>
by playing a better game thats not for scientists
>>
>>344719576
Become an rng wizard
>>
File: 1467070738803.png (70 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1467070738803.png
70 KB, 288x288
>tfw playing Captain's Edition and completely getting destroyed on easy mode

The game definitely requires getting good.
>>
File: FTL in a nutshell.jpg (26 KB, 480x445) Image search: [Google]
FTL in a nutshell.jpg
26 KB, 480x445
>>344719939
>End game
>Cornered into repairing the ship and losing, or fighting the last boss stage with half, past, dead.

18 hours and I have never been able to beat it, it is the same shit, no matter what I do.
>>
>>344719939
but how do people like billkirby achieve 50+ winstreaks?
>>
>>344720281

The best way is to find a way to self-repair. I suggest hull drones and stocking up on drones schematics. Meanwhile, get 2 defense drones, or 1 super def drone to stop missiles. Cloaking is a must, hacking is also good, but teleporters are mandatory with maybe a rock or mantis crew. Helps in the last phases.

Unless you're playing Captain's edition. In which case enjoy a quick trip to the junkyard.
>>
>>344719576
hope for 2 burst laser II and get stealth
>>
>>344720658
People who think FTL is RNG dependent basically just haven't figured out how to play the game.

Though some ships definitely do require a little luck (fuck Slug B).
>>
File: boardingintensifies.gif (2 MB, 240x192) Image search: [Google]
boardingintensifies.gif
2 MB, 240x192
>>344719576
-Upgrade your engines.
-A defense drone is a must, two in a pinch but don't use the Mark IIs because their targeting gets overloaded.
-Cloaking and teleporter's are always good.
-Breach Bomb Mark IIs are OP as fuck grab one if you can.
-When killing crew members always leave the guy on the heavy plasmas alive so the AI doesn't kick in.
-4 shield bubbles are never necessary.
-Never forget you can always pause. Things go wrong when it's all happening at the same time.
-Motherfucking upgrade your motherfucking engines.
>>
>>344719576

Maximize the scraps from each sector, dont leave the sector unless you have to from rebel fleet, plan a path that doesnt hit the same beacon twice and covers the most amount of space

before going into mantis sector upgrade doors, if you get boarded, stick a guy in doors and open the airlocks and suffocate them, when in doubt stick you crew in medbay and wear them out.

always prioritize shields first, try to get 2 layers of shields before 2nd sector if you can, having 4 layers of shields against the boss is ideal

cloaking is your friend, you can dodge missiles, charge weapons, and dodge that shitty super laser attack in the boss 3rd form

if you can get weapon pre-igniter GET IT! shooting down a ship before their weapons charge up is the best feeling in the world

glaive beam is OP, glaive beam and ion bomb is cruel do it anyway

dont try to use the mantis ship till you feel proficient at the game, it will save you a lot of pain.

for the most part focus on multifire laser weapons over heavy weapons and missile, you need that shield penetration

if you can kill ships without problems in the sector you are in, don't upgrade your ship, save up for a shop for cloaking, weapons, crew if needed, maybe mind control or hacking if you like that, or drone bay (not my thing but it can be fun)

only put zoltans in rooms that require power, dont repair with mantis, have rocks put out fires, engie repair shit, slugs are kinda useless unless you target crew, remember that lanius remove oxygen from a room so dont pair them up with anyone buy other lanius, crystals are gold keep them safe
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.