[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Overwatch any good or is it a TF2 clone that you have to pay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: overwatch-ed.jpg (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-ed.jpg
1 MB, 1600x900
Is Overwatch any good or is it a TF2 clone that you have to pay for, for less content?
>>
>>344714965
Both
>>
>>344714965

It's fun with friends. It's different enough from TF2 to have it's own feel. TF2 is dead anyway.
>>
>>344714965

if you dont have people to play it with dont bother

it's tf2 but forced 6v6. which is much better for games where everyone's trying, but if you're just trying to have fun with random shitters you wont be able to have fun.
>>
I think it's pretty fun but when I'm not playing with friends I sometimes have to fucking make my team work together. Which I guess you can say about any game.

I didn't even have to pay for it
>>
File: 1432048732208.jpg (113 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1432048732208.jpg
113 KB, 640x640
>>344714965
really sad how tracer started off as a top tier qt, but then you see she has giant floppy clownshoes and the most formless, gummy lower body you could imagine

well, i guess she's british so it goes without saying
>>
It's good, especially with friends. It's very different from TF2, and yet in some ways its' still the closest thing out there to pre-2010 TF2.
>>
>>344715210
TF2's coming back little by little if Valve can actually get feedback before releasing shit that people might not like.
>>
>"WH-WHY DOES THIS GAME THAT JUST CAME OUT HAVE LESS CONTENT THAN TF2, A GAME THAT'S BEEN OUT FOR NEARLY A DECADE?"

Ya'll retarded
>>
>>344715786
Overwatch is forty dollars. TF2 was basically already free when it released with a shit-ton of maps and modes.
>>
>>344715503

I know, it really bothers me, too.
>>
>>344715786
I don't think it's right that now we should expect less content to be in a supposed "full-release" of a game because it just came out.
>>
>>344715858

>TF2 was basically free on release

I forget, could you only get it as part of the Orange Box, or could you also buy just the game?

Either way, I promise you that there weren't as many maps on release as you're remembering.
>>
>>344715965
You could do both but they just went ahead and said fuck it and made it f2p.
>>
>>344715964

You're comparing a game that's been worked on for a few years vs. a game that's been worked on for 9 years. You want Overwatch to launch with that much content AND have more ready to go?
>>
>>344715858
It was $30 when it released standalone, originally only available in a $50 bundle. It had 6 maps and 2 modes. (3 if you count Hydro as something other than capture point)

Are you actually young enough to not remember this?
>>
>>344715965
There were still at least a decent amount of gamemode's and maps to accommodate them especially since it being f2p.
>>
its good, but its the kind of game you play in short bursts like mini games. unless youre autistic and do the same repetitive thing over and over again for many hours.
>>
>>344716194
It went f2p nearly four years after it released.
>>
>>344716509
>autistic and do the same repetitive thing over and over again for many hours

Playing an online video game is now considered autistic? Times have changed, I guess.
>>
File: 1461123455503.png (2 MB, 1000x967) Image search: [Google]
1461123455503.png
2 MB, 1000x967
>>344717002
>>
I think its pretty fun, but not always well designed. Also I hate pretty much all the art direction.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.