[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a beautiful game. I had trouble playing it at first because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
What a beautiful game. I had trouble playing it at first because it bored me, but the character development really flourishes in this game for most characters.
>>
>>344714723
Thank you, I'm glad people are still appreciating this masterpiece in 2016.
>>
>>344716835
They really nailed the pre-rendered assets with this title. Some parts feel so alive with some added touches like the grass flickering in the background or a clock ticking.
>>
steiner is really well done desu senpai, I went from hating him to loving him but it didn't feel forced at all
>>
>>344717216
I agree, the details in this game are amazing and the pre-rendered assets were done masterfully, I still think this is one of the comfiest games I've ever played with a 10/10 atmosphere.
>>
File: steinberg.png (4 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
steinberg.png
4 MB, 2560x1440
>>344717778
I liked Steiner from the second I met him. Especially that FMV where he goes ape shit trying to catch Zidane. Quina became an unexpected waifu for me.
>>
>>344714723

I really fucking hate FFIX, every aspect of it.

It pales in comparison to the great FFVIII
>>
>>344718794

I hated the game because it was mostly furryfest and lolifest
>>
>>344718794
I like 8 more, but I know 9 is better. Why do you hate it? It's well made for a final fantasy game, a love letter for the PS1-gen of the old fans. and the story is great. To be frank, 9 isn't the best. It feels like a great 'average' game. Do I make sense?
>>
Amazing art direction. Amazing music. Game definitely had a unique comfy feel to it but the story falls apart after the mist continent and some of the character's are worthless (amarant) (quina).
>>
>>344714723
>but the character development really flourishes in this game for most characters.

>Freya
>Amarant
>Eiko
>Quina

Basically the core 4 (and others like Beatrix) got solid development while the rest get shafted

Amarant doesn't deserve to be on the cover
>>
>>344719020

>Went back to using those chibi graphics
>Hated the plot
>Weak soundtrack imo
>Broken ATB system
>0 character customization options, every character has a prestablished role
>Forced romance
>Terrible party

It just felt like a step back from 7 and 8
>>
>>344714723
>most characters
yeah, really enjoyed the character development of Eiko, Freya, Quina and Amarant
>>
>>344719151
i wish this game was for a different console/had more disks so that those characters had their own arcs (especially fucking amarant) and so that the beautiful scenery was even more beautiful and expanded upon

i like to imagine sometimes what it would have been like as a ps2 game or just the game having more time
>>
the game was my first final fantasy
got it when it came out
the downside is the half a min fight intro every 2 seconds and being slow

those are the biggest flaws
>>
>>344719289
So true. If he wasn't in the game it wouldn't make a difference. Quina is also there mostly as comedic relief. I think Freya got injustice for her story, I thought they would explain why her boyfriend would forget their love, only my guess is they ran out of time and decided to make him a Chad. If they had made Eiko lonely like Amarant it could've worked more fine. I don't see why living with moogles would make you lonely, those guys are so cute. and mog was the husky shit for a small mog. I'm sure there's more to Eiko's story, like loving Zidane?
>>
>>344719339
>Went back to using those chibi graphics
Art direction, good choice for the game
>Weak soundtrack imo
Its one of the best though
>Forced romance
>Terrible party
Now this is just shit taste/not playing the game.
It had one of the best cast of character and Zidane and Dagger's love was really well done not like le ebin Rinoa and Squall '''''love'''''' (I like VIII a lot but Rinoa and Squall was twice as forced)
Honestly, it might just not be the game for you.
>>
File: GriffithHillOfSwords2.png (2 MB, 2506x1800) Image search: [Google]
GriffithHillOfSwords2.png
2 MB, 2506x1800
>>344714723
Yes FF9 is a great game.

HOWEVER

Griffith did nothing wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ak_jATqoRc
>>
>>344719151
Both Amarant and Quina can fill any party role thanks to how versatile they are.
>>
>>344718537

quina is male

theres one instance in dialogue where quina is referred to as he, all other times its s/he
>>
>>344720172
Quan has no estabilished gender iirc.
Quina has no gender, she can either be an he or she, whatever you like, I refer to her as ''she''.
>>
>>344720257
but Quina marries Vivi. You think Square would accept that foofoo shit in their game?
>>
>>344719339
you must be retarded, or you dont like final fantasy games at all
>>
>>344720257

zidanes protect girls ability doesnt trigger on quina, and as i said, quina is specifically referred to as a he on one occasion

though that might have been a mistake on the dev's part
>>
>>344720446
I dont get your point, Quina is whatever gender you like, Vivi is implied to be a young boy, their ''marriage'' was a light hearted moment showing how they were innocent and didnt have any estabilished notion of love/marrying or whats right or wrong to most people.
>>
I wish the main theme of Garnet singing was in the game earlier
>>
>>344720729
I'm kidding dude relax.
>>
>>344719796

>Must have not played the game
>Calls garnet dagger
>>
>>344720983
To me she's Dagger, Garnet was her princess name, she decided to be someone new and Dagger is the canon name.
Its just personal preference though.
>>
File: ff93.jpg (619 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
ff93.jpg
619 KB, 2560x1440
>>344720729
>>
>>344721716
"I-I'm so happy."
>>
File: FINAL FURSHIT.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2884) Image search: [Google]
FINAL FURSHIT.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2884
>Terrible cast
>Forgettable characters and hideous designs, many of them blatant furbait
>Slow combat even slower than the SNES FFs
>Less customisation than previous FFs
>Claims to be a throwback to older FFs when it isn't at all and doesn't resemble them in any way and the older FFs did what people claim this game does far better
>>
>>344721236
That said, Dagger was a dumb name
>>
>>344721930
"M-me too..."
>>
>>344719339
>weak soundtrack imo

your o is fucking retarded. The OST is incredible.

>forced romance
No, thats 8.
>>
>>344722010
Dagger was a dumb name... I always just renamed her to Garnet during that scene. She's all, nice knife... my new name is Garnet.
>>
How does Zidane even survive in the ending?
>>
What the fuck are you smoking OP. Two characters have good development and they're Vivi and Steiner.

Zidane is basically "oh shit we forgot to give him depth, throw in a 5 minute existential anguish in the end" when Vivi has a far bigger reason to have an existential crisis and still isn't as big a baby bitch about it like Zidane.
Garnet is bland.
Eiko, Amarant? Nothing.
Fucking Freya? L O L
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.