[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rarely have i been so let down game does basically everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
rarely have i been so let down

game does basically everything right and then the last phase of the first boss hits. suddenly you have absolutely no idea what to do and there is zero indication of what to do.

i read nothing about the game and i could intuitively figure out what i needed to know by playing- that's great game design. but then it just goes to bullet swamping the screen and you have no idea what to do.

how could they fuck up that bad?

pirate, don't buy.
>>
>>344697290
sounds like a case of git gud
>>
I bet that made you furious.
>>
>>344697728
nah made me let down. they did such a good job and then threw it away all at once
>>
>>344697506
Kill yourself memer.

>>344697290
Dodge the bullets, what's so hard to understand about that?
>>
I do like the game but I greatly dislike the idea that each boss healthbar is really two healthbars, one from a distance and then one in that stupid duel mode. Made some boss fights feel far too long.
>>
>>344697290
Are you saying that you want the whole game to be the tutorial? What the actual fuck, literally git gud.
>>
>>344698307
no i want a game to have intelligent game design that indicates what you're supposed to do

i don't play trial and error games. im in my 30s
>>
>>344698292
>Made some boss fights feel far too long.
Not if you think about it. There's only bosses in the game and a single boss is a whole level.
>>
>Furier Mother Brain

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1438219038501.jpg (31 KB, 600x534) Image search: [Google]
1438219038501.jpg
31 KB, 600x534
>intelligent game design
>that indicates what you're supposed to do
>>
>>344698417
>trial and error

dodge the bullets
>>
I'm still on the fourth underwater green dude, but walking between bosses is the most tedious task I've had to do in a game. Can't even pay attention to the rabbit guy because it's so boring...
>>
>>344697813
>difficulty spike
>threw it away

uhhhh, prepare for a long ass game? or play something easier. Its simple as fuck. Dodge.
>>
>>344698417
The game isn't really trial and error if your reaction time is good enough
>>344698675
Just auto-walk and look at it as a long ass loading screen and smell your nuts or something
>>
>>344698675
Really? I fucking love the environment design and would use most of the frames as wallpapers.
>>
>>344698928
has nothing to do with easy. i had zero trouble up to the last stage and it has nothing to do with dodging.

no way to tell how to hurt the boss or what you're supposed to do on the last part.

i knew predictable little dick waggling /v/ would make it about skill, but it's about design
>>
>>344697290
acquire proficiency
>>
>suddenly you have absolutely no idea what to do

You mean, -you- have no idea.
>>
>>344699187
its literally shoot the bullets and don't get hit. survive until he stops shooting and wait for an opening. A very common feature in bullet hells. Don't play touhou.
>>
>>344699187
Dodge shit and attack?
You're just slow and bad at games, play something else.
>>
File: 632.jpg (8 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
632.jpg
8 KB, 245x200
>>344697290
Obtain optimal skill level mayhaps?
>>
>>344699381
>>344699458
nope, doesn't work like that.

has nothing to do with getting hit. i'm not sure what i can say to make you understand, so i'll just abandon the cause

this place is so sad, literally cannot have a conversation because you just say memes instead of actual thoughts coming out of your mouth.

so many of you can't produce an original thought anymore. you threw away your personality to become a conglomerate of 4chan posts. you came here because you thought you were different; you proved that you are ultimately completely the same.
>>
>>344699676
Lay off the weed.
What of those replies you quote are memes?
>>
>>344699914
the entire content of the post is memes
>ur bad git gud
that's all you said. repeatedly, in fact

refusing to even acknowledge that the game doesn't indicate what you can do to damage the first boss in his last stage.
>>
How the fuck do I deal with the sniper bitches last phase holy crap.
I went through this game mostly ok until part. My anus is not ready for this.
>>
>>344700053
>how could they fuck up that bad?
That's what your original post says, when in reality, you're the one fucking up.
>the game doesn't indicate what you can do to damage the first boss in his last stage.
The tutorial just taught you to shoot and slash, use that on the boss?
>>
File: 1447577316403.jpg (218 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1447577316403.jpg
218 KB, 600x600
>>344700053
>>344699676
>le hipster man says everyone is sheep
>>
>>344700325
you actually haven't played the game. just completely wasting both our time. I see.
>>
>>344700053
> the game doesn't indicate what you can do to damage the first boss in his last stage.

>WAAAAAH THE GAME ISN'T HOLDING MY HAND ANYMORE
Fucking figure it out yourself you stupid fuckhole. I bet your game was on a 360
>>
>>344697290
If you've played more than 5 or 6 games in your life you should immediately recognize the "survive the bullshit then hit the boss" thing that games have done since the NES.

If you didn't recognize this either you have the pattern recognition of a toddler or this is your first videogame in which case welcome to the hobby.
>>
>>344700416
I'm actually at the fifth boss right now and fucked up my first try at her. The game didn't fuck up.
>>
I've noticed as I've played this game that the most annoying parts are the final phases because it changes from a fun shooting/melee combo game into a bad bullet hell that's just going through the motions instead of reaction.

That and it kinda makes the rest of the battle not as fun on the subsequent go-throughs because you're just dreading that final phase even though you can do the rest just fine and have a good time with how good it feels.
>>
>>344699676
memes? anon, i am literally telling you how i beat the first guy. Dodgeing, not getting hit, shooting his incoming bullets, etc etc.

Is advice a meme to you?

inb4 (this is a meme though i'd say) i was just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>344700652
>you're just dreading that final phase even though you can do the rest just fine and have a good time with how good it feels
I like that tbqh. It makes the victory feel even better.
>>
>>344700526
nope, not how the last stage works.

>>344700652
exactly. bad game design and made me not want to play anymore. i was having a huge blast parrying his whole combo and shit. then it becomes touhou. a genre for literally autistic people.

but once again, dodging the bullets or getting hit by them etc wasn't an issue in the last stage. it's that there is no apparent way to hurt the boss anymore.
>>
>>344700652
I look forward to the final parts of the battle. because usually all you have to do is just survive.

what I hate is fucking up on any other part, and then they get all their health back,when i already had so much trouble getting it down.
>>
>>344700824
>not how the last stage works.
Elaborate? What gave you trouble?
>>
>>344700824
Yes it is. You survive the bullet hell then he goes down in 4 or 5 bullets. I just did it 30 minutes ago. Then you do a melee version of the same concept then he goes down in 2 hits or so.
>>
>>344700824
>it's that there is no apparent way to hurt the boss anymore.
>doesn't even remember to use charged shots
git gud faggot

you literally only have 5 moves
>dash
>swing
>pistol
>charge shot
>parry

you lose the ability to melee in the final boss
you're telling me you forgot how to use 1/4th of your inputs and it's "bad game design"?
>>
P...Pirate? The only reason you're playing this game is because it's free with ps4!
>>
>>344700950
>You survive the bullet hell then he goes down in 4 or 5 bullets

so you can't even hurt him?

why would I expect that all I am supposed to do is "survive" rather than trying to hurt him?

why would i think the bullet hell would ever end?
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (29 KB, 426x341) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
29 KB, 426x341
>>344700859
>be pretty efficient at the bullet hell parts
>rusty at parrying
>mfw fourth boss last phase
>>
File: 1376584573654.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1376584573654.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
>>344697290
Valve playtesters everyone.
>>
How the FUCK do I get past The Burst's last bullet hell?
>>
>>344701162
Shit I meant the fifth boss, the knight.
>>
>>344701069
because of the unkillable bullets, the game design is telling me taht i'm supposed to walk forward against the bullets, moving to the side of the unkillable bullets while advancing through killable bullets

This is much harder than just surviving, and was what I naturally tried to do, because that's what the game design was telling me to do. Get close and hit him.

Instead it's apparently a survival mode, which doesn't really require skill. Why would I expect to not use skill rather than using skill?

And that's why it's bad game design. PS, I also tried shooting a path through the bullets and then shooting a charge shot. There was no visual or aural indication that the shot did anything.
>>
>>344701276
git lucky
>>
>>344701141
he fucking glows blue
from the beginning of the fight you cant hurt him
>>
>>344701260
I've gamed since commodore 64 and have beaten many games legitimately on original consoles that you would not be able to clear. I'm better at video games than you.

Call me when you played in invite only money quake3 tournaments.
>>
>>344701141
Because you've played 5 games before and recognize the trope for what it is?

Your bullets don't hurt him, your charge shot doesn't hurt him process of elimination has shown he is likely invincible so you decide to wait it out, having seen this kind of thing in previous games. So you just survive and wait and oh look now he dies in 5 bullets.
>>
>>344701141
>why would I expect that all I am supposed to do is "survive" rather than trying to hurt him?
>why would i think the bullet hell would ever end?
By realizing that your bullets don't hurt him and using your brain?
>>
>>344701314
>game demands skill from the player
>can't do it
>blame bad game design
okay

>PS, I also tried shooting a path through the bullets and then shooting a charge shot. There was no visual or aural indication that the shot did anything.
>not paying attention to health bar at the top right of the screen
jesus
fucking
christ

how pathetic are you?
>>
>>344701389
yeah i didn't think i could hurt him because of the blue glowing aura, but the game design is telling me to go forward through the bullets. otherwise why would they exist?

why would I think to just stand back and survive the bullets for some arbitrary amount of time? Please tell me.

>YOU JUST NEED TO GIT GUD OP
>what i tried to do was definitively what a gud person would do
>"no no you just stand back and hold up on the analog stick while moving left and right a few times"

fucking hilarious. I'm actually too good to play the game apparently.
>>
>Bullets come swarming toward me
>WOW, THEY DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME, NOTHING I COULD DO
>>
>>344701397
So what brain damage have you suffered since the days of Quake 3 that causes you to no longer be able to play videogames?
>>
>>344701578
>I'm actually too good to play the game apparently.
not good enough to beat that last boss apparently
>>
>>344701432
>process of elimination has shown he is likely invincible

no, process of elimination at that point shows that you're supposed to use a charged sword slash to knock the unkillable bullets back into him.

see, you don't actually know game design at all. Your mind goes to "wait it out" instead of an actual good game design element.

process of elimination in a video game never goes to "stand back and wait". Why would I ever do that in any video game?
>>
File: 1459453539412.png (5 KB, 250x209) Image search: [Google]
1459453539412.png
5 KB, 250x209
Heard people complaining about furier The Line.

Get to him, beat the first three phase easily enough, only taking a few hits.

Get to the last phase.

>mfw
>>
>>344701141
The final bullet hell sections literally only lasts 40 seconds. Less than a singular minute.

This means you either
>Couldn't survive more than 40 seconds and gave up.
>Couldn't pay attention to the game for more than 40 seconds and gave up.

Sounds like you fucking suck at video games man.
>>
>>344701681
yeah not true. he recharged and did it 3 times.
>>
>>344701280
The Edge wrecked my shit more than any other boss.

>those delayed attacks
>then the fucker just goes ham at the end.

Intense as fuck.
>>
Just beat the secret boss.
Am I the only person here who likes the bullet sections just as much as the melee combat?

The last phase of the star was fucking intense.
And that's a good thing
>>
File: 1398314749007.jpg (16 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1398314749007.jpg
16 KB, 255x255
>>344701397
>I play competitive quake 3 but can't survive for a full minute in a bullet hell tutorial

Is this one of those spicy maymays I've heard so much about.
>>
>>344701578
>guy shoots bullets at me
>must go towards the bullets and die
Nice logic there you fucking retard
>>
File: 1466813936468.png (205 KB, 383x278) Image search: [Google]
1466813936468.png
205 KB, 383x278
>>344700416
Got to the forth boss in about an hour. Not once while I was playing did I ever feel like the game messed up. It taught you how to shoot, slash, dodge, and parry. A game doesn't need a "MASH X" button for you to understand what to do. But overall, just git fucking gud idiot.
>>
>>344701807
If you git gud it's extremely easy, you can beat him in less than a minute by training a lot.

You can do a single attack between each parry.
>>
>>344701867
>anyone who's good at video games would think it's about surviving and not advancing forward or deflecting something back at him.

right. once again, none of you actually understand game design.

in my version of the first boss you charge your sword to knock back the orange bullets and kill him.

in the real version you wait.

tell me, which is more fun game design? go ahead.
>>
>>344701768
Which means you fucking died. This is the only instance in which a boss resets their phase. Don't even pretend like the healthbar isn't properly telegraphed.
>>
>>344701814
>not even focused on the boss
>just trying to survive the star's rampage
>oh finally I can cause damage
>mfw I noticed too late
>the final phase starts over and he has full health.
>I only have two hit points left.
>>
>>344701952

>I've never played a shmup
>>
>>344702031
no, i lost a health bar. why would it matter that i lost a health bar? why would that cause a boss to reset a state?

Why would I ever think that the win condition is "stand back and survive"?

It's so absurd that you're actually defending that as okay.
>>
>>344701952
Dashing around through bullet patterns sounds way more fun than standing still parrying things.

Soz bro.
>>
>>344702057
I grew up playing shmups. Which is why I thought you were supposed to advance forward through the bullets. trope is used in r-type, darius, gradius and others.

I don't play touhou style games. They're autism games. They have nothing to do with shmups.

neo-/v/ doesn't get game design at all...not surprised. you grew up collecting things and getting trophies, not winning with skill.
>>
>>344701936
Yea, but I kept trying to do it in a cool way though.

I wanted to block all of his attack strings and punish accordingly.
Eventually I said fuck that and stuck to boosted charge attacks, instead of doing a single attack.
>>
>>344701952
Reflecting bullets sounds pretty fun, however, talking about things that would be neat if they were there isn't exactly productive. The mechanics of the game have been explained to you by that point, you are then presented with a wall of bullets, and your apparent first thought was:
>there must be a mechanic the game hasn't told me about and is mandatory to clear this section, with nothing to indicate its existence
>>
>>344701952
>in my version of the first boss you charge your sword to knock back the orange bullets and kill him.
Alright you tried to reflect, it didn't work. Did your brain just turn off at that moment? You simply couldn't comprehend that perhaps there was another way to win?
>>
File: jeez.jpg (53 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
jeez.jpg
53 KB, 876x493
>>344701679
>get to the second phase
>>
File: bce.jpg (25 KB, 608x402) Image search: [Google]
bce.jpg
25 KB, 608x402
>>344702212
>not winning with skill
Says the retard who can't even beat the tutorial
>>
>>344701276
>>344701374

GIT FUCKING GUD
>>
The game informs you pretty quickly that bosses have moments of invulnerability. This is indicated when they glow a certain color. In all cases you have to wait until they stop glowing to damage them again

During the final segment the boss is glowing, implying he can't be hit. And just like every glowing phase beforehand, you have to wait until it stops

I'm not sure how you got confused here OP
>>
>>344700254
>tfw just beat it on furier

Literally just pray
>>
>>344702137
>Lose a healthbar, boss just happens to stop shooting at the same time say and line and start shooting when you stand back up
>How was I suppose to know the phase reset?

You sound like a literal fucking retard. The boss resets so you can cheese the phase by only getting in 2 hits each life by only learning how to counter one move. Your health is also reset when you win a phase so it's not like this mechanic just comes out of thin air.
>>
>>344701952
Jesus christ, this is like those horror stories I've read of game testers not grasping concepts that are extremely simple, and the developer being pressured into making changes around that.

I don't understand man, that boss was so easy. He glows, none of your attacks hurt him, his waves of bullets progress into different patterns, your shots break his blue shots, you just wait it out, that wasn't even a thought when I was playing. You stated earlier that he recharged and did it five more times, meaning you survived that wave of bullets, and had the opening to attack, and you just never tried to use your gun? Your sword didn't work, and you, as a player, never once thought to use your only other method of attacking, just to see if it would damage him?

I think you're scapegoating the problem to bad game design, when it seems like you failed to do the most simple of problem solving. Maybe you were tired or something when you tried it, but that was some easy shit man. Poor form.
>>
Is this game decent with kb+m? played revengeance with it just fine despite everyone i know being baffled as to why i didnt use a controller.
>>
>>344701276
I don't know if that'll help you, but once I understood that you have like a full minute to get behind cover for her sniper shot.

So basically don't rush to cover and take your time.
>>
>>344702281
and your apparent first thought was:

>I'm supposed to stand back and do nothing

why would I EVER think to just stand back and do nothing in a video game? EVER? since when are video games NOT ABOUT KILLING THE BAD GUY? lol

ADDITIONALLY THE RELEASE TRAILER SHOWS THE CHARACTER HITTING A PROJECTILE BACK AT A BOSS. REPEATEDLY.

LOL.
>>
>>344702627
>play game
>arrive at locked door
>"you need the key, find it and come back later"
>wtf why can't I kick the door in
>stop playing because the devs are stupid and I am too intellectual for the game
>>
File: 1467873689652.jpg (72 KB, 687x610) Image search: [Google]
1467873689652.jpg
72 KB, 687x610
>mfw I keep choking on the last phase of the angle
>>
To be sort of fair to OP, my first time playing the game did take me a bit of time to realize what was going on with boss phases and HP and such. I didn't really understand how health system worked until, like, the third fight

I think it would have been more clear if 'bars' of health were just 'lives', because that's how it works. Lose a life, have to retry current boss phase. Lose all your lives, have to start boss over. Would have been more obvious from the start that way, to me anyway

But no, I never got stuck on the bullet hell sections. That was pretty obvious OP
>>
>>344702627
wall of text because basically you can't stand someone knowing better than you do.

I've played video games for i think 27 years now. You've played them for what, 5, 6?

I know so much astronomically more about game design than you, what's good and what isnt, and how to indicate things to player.

and "stand back and survive" would NEVER be in a game I made because its fucking GARBAGE MECHANICS THAT NO PERSON GOOD AT VIDEO GAMES WOULD EVER THINK TO DO.
>>
>>344702892
My first thought was shooting at him. Realized it didn't work. Avoided the bullets and killed him.
How can you be so stupid?
>>
>>344703035
is it a component of touhou games that you are just supposed to survive the bullet hell rather than killing the boss?

are you a fan/player of these games?

man, i would've bought it in an instant too. generally great game design, then a dagger in the heart.

even jap voices for us weebs even though it doesnt seem to be a jap game
>>
Man this is some fucking next level shitposting I don't even know what i'm doing anymore
>>
>>344702892
You can shoot the incoming bullets. When the boss is fired upon he makes the sound that plays when he's invulnerable and glows the appropriate colour and his healthbar doesn't change. Continuing to survive is not unintuitive
>>
>>344703040

>"I have eaten way more food than you, what do you know about cooking?"
>>
>>344703040
>and "stand back and survive" would NEVER be in a game I made because its fucking GARBAGE MECHANICS THAT NO PERSON GOOD AT VIDEO GAMES WOULD EVER THINK TO DO.

It's a very common SHMUP trope. Like, in almost every bullet hell ever. It's there to emphasize bullet patterns and make the task of dodging them more important than attacking and ending the pattern early. A battle of attrition thing

Furi takes a lot of cues from SHMUPs, so it's not surprising to see it included
>>
So like, what's the problem OP is having?
I thought the game was pretty straight forward,everything was explained clearly. Only thing that wasn't explained was what the right stick did in the melee sections, but I found out that just boosts damage.
>>
File: tones.jpg (46 KB, 660x530) Image search: [Google]
tones.jpg
46 KB, 660x530
OP is baiting to keep a thread about an underplayed game alive right?
RIGHT??
>>
>>344703248
>us weebs
Now I understand.
>>
>>344703253
>Continuing to survive is not unintuitive

continuing to survive is blatantly unintuitive, always, unless the game directly tells you simply to survive.

I can probably count on one hand in my almost 3 decades of gaming experiences the number of times in a game I've ever had to "just survive".

I just figured the game was demanding something hard to do and I couldn't figure it out.

It's so funny that after a wall of "git gud" I explained that I was trying to do something really hard/skilled and you're supposed to do something easy that requires 0 skill whatsoever.

And you beat your fucking chests over this shit, when I beat ninja gaiden on NES without continues. go fuck yourself. I am so much better than you, historically and in the present, and I can beat people in multi games too.

Fucking touhou faggots.
>>
>get to Sheild man on furier
>get to last phase
>dodge his nonsense with 1 hp left
>only the consecutive parry left
>finish with full hp

Oh furi
>>
>>344697290
Isn't the boss surrounded by a giant blue surface of death while he's in bullet hell mode?
Why would you not wait to approach him until after that went down? The whole fight had been about staying on the defensive until there was a clear opening so what's the difference between having that concept over 10 seconds and having it over a few dozen?
>>
So I went through the whole game without ever charging the dash and melee attack. Didn't really understand the point/how to use them properly. What was the point of charging a dash?
>>
>>344703280
shmups are not bullet hells. bullet hells are an extremely niche genre that nobody plays.

"just survive" is not generally in shmups. I cannot remember a case of it. I think one r-type game might have had a just survive boss (but the game I'm thinking of indicated that you're just supposed to survive)

So basically what you're actually saying is it's a touhou trope and I'm bad at games because I don't play touhou. Literal autism shit.
>>
>>344703368
That you don't win by getting hit by the tutorial boss' bullets.
>>
>>344697813
>step difficulty up
>being a pussy and giving up after your first hurdle
step it up
>>
>>344703537
>The whole fight had been about staying on the defensive until there was a clear opening

No it hadn't. By the third stage I became the aggressor because I am better than you at video games.
>>
>>344703559

>It's autism because I don't like it.
>>
>>344703440
>continuing to survive is blatantly unintuitive, always, unless the game directly tells you simply to survive.

So when you're stuck you just put down the controller and die instead of trying to see if maybe something will happen when this clearly changing and progressing attack plays itself out?

>I'm so much better than you

Why are you bringing this up? Are you insecure? I've never played a touhou or a shmup. This is my first bullet hell game
>>
>>344701374
>>344702494
I got gud!

>>344702808
Yeah, that was one of the mistakes I was doing. Tried to rush to the covers and got hit by the waves coming.
>>
>>344701397
you can keep lying on an anonomous image board and name drop all the games you beat. still need to stop being a chicken shit
>>
>>344703368
The problem is that it's abysmal game design to ever expect the player to stop trying to attack the boss and to simply evade attacks.

Apparently it's an element of touhou games (only touhou games) so it's my fault that I don't play a game series that is intimately connected with life failure and absurd weebery.

Tell me some games outside the bullet hell genre where you ever "just survive" instead of trying to attack the enemy. I'll wait. Go ahead, make a big list of them.

I'm waiting.
>>
>>344703663

You keep claiming you are better at videogames like we are suddenly supposed to care yet you are the one who is getting butt blasted over 1 part of a tutorial fight
>>
>>344703731
gud job anon, proud of you
>>
>>344703440
>unless the game directly tells you simply to survive.
See, you just suck and can't think on your own. Did the game get too hard after the tutorial ended, little babby? You want big letters saying SURVIVE and the game to handheld you?
Git gud, you old autistic weeb.
>>
>>344703440
>when I beat Ninja Gaiden on the NES without continues
well you are full of shit because to do that you need to know the spawns of NG inside and out which takes much much longer than getting good at this game. just play the game
>>
>>344703691
>clearly changing and progressing attack plays itself out?

it doesn't clearly change and progress. there are like 2 waves that repeat in sequence. there is no progression past the orange bullest starting to appear

No, of course I didn't put down the controller and die, I died taking damage trying to do things that are hard to do and require skill.
>>
File: tre.jpg (11 KB, 236x212) Image search: [Google]
tre.jpg
11 KB, 236x212
>>344703440

HOW THE FUCK WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW TO 'JUST SURVIVE' UNTIL THIS UNKILLABLE, UNHARMABLE BOSS RANDOMLY SPAWNS APPLES TO SHOOT AT HIM? JUST SURVIVE? WHAT THE FUCK? WHY CAN'T I KILL HIM BEFOREHAND?

NO OTHER GAME HAS DONE THIS SHIT
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (59 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59 KB, 1360x768
>>344703805
>>
>>344703858
>You want big letters saying SURVIVE

yeah that's exactly what I want. Didn't some game just do exactly that recently? Can't remember what it was.

It could've been done very easily in the context of the game too.

>Rabbit: One last thing...
>Rabbit: He doesn't possess infinite energy.
>>
>>344703040
Survive while the boss goes complete berserk is not a fucking foreign concept. Off the top of my head it's been in:
DMC
Zelda
Mario
Kingdom hearts
Most MMOs
Metal Gear
Borderlands
Resident Evil
Most survival horror games for that matter
Final Fantasy
and fucking Halo

You are literally struggling with a concept that Halo kiddies had down back in 2004.
>>
>>344703805

I'd be genuinely surprised if you've never played any other game where a boss fight has a few moments where they attack while being invulnerable
>>
>>344703956
>UNKILLABLE, UNHARMABLE

anyone who's good at games would just think they haven't figured out the way to kill or harm him. hence my point.

a person who is good at games would never think "stand back and survive". It's counterintuitive.

Why would the EASIEST part of the boss BY FAR come AT THE END?
>>
>>344697290
agreed

going through the 5 stages and then all of a sudden last stage comes and you fuckin get a game over and have to start allll the fuckin way over
>>
>>344703928
You're unobservant, then.

>I died because I was trying to do something that clearly wasn't working and that anyone with working brain cells would realise wasn't working from the first three shots and the glowing fucking invulnerable boss glow

Your talent is wasted on this game, you should be president or something
>>
>>344703805
I mean I saw that shooting his bullets made them go away. So i made I kept shooting them for room to move around in. Plus everytime you shoot him, that yellow aura thing kept popping up. A common signal meaning that the boss is invincible right now. So the only thing left to do is dodge and survive until he starts taking damage again.

>Tell me some games outside the bullet hell genre where you ever "just survive" instead of trying to attack the enemy. I'll wait. Go ahead, make a big list of them.
It'd be easier to name games that dont have this.
>>
OP instead of wasting time trying to convince anonymous people that you're not retarded and total shit at games, perhaps you should have tried beating the boss again?
>>
>>344704150
Yes, and you didn't find it. You had to wait, just like in Kirby. Then you get a chance. But instead you got angry that your first attempt at killing the boss didn't work and decided that rather than accept that you're not as good as video games as you need to be to validate your existence you'll call the game shit online
>>
>>344698675
you can auto walk with L2 or whatever

but yeah i'm stuck on the green dude as well
headphones dhalsim gave me lots of trouble so i got pooped out
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (43 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
43 KB, 1280x720
>>344703805

Almost every boss in KH2 has a desperation move, in which you have to dodge/avoid something without being able to counter. It's a super common game trope OP
>>
File: 1468197389236.png (137 KB, 357x378) Image search: [Google]
1468197389236.png
137 KB, 357x378
>>
>>344704076
Oh so a giant list of AAA garbage that I don't play any of. Makes sense. Also, I absolutely guarantee that 90% of the games you've listed, in that situation, indicate to the player in some way that they're supposed to just survive. I know for a fact it's that way in FF etc because I remember the fight.
>>
File: OUT_SKILLED.png (124 KB, 5000x2571) Image search: [Google]
OUT_SKILLED.png
124 KB, 5000x2571
jesus fucking christ this thread.
OP kill yourself, you are a faggot and an unskilled gamer
>the tutorial boss is killing me
literally retarded holy fucking shit
Go play inside or something else faggot
>>
>>344704150
but that's literally what you do in that boss. You stand back and survive for a bit trying not to get hit until an apple drops and you're allowed to fire it back.

There is literally no difference between that apple falling and The Chains blue aura going down.
>>
>>344697290
You are a faggot
>>
>>344704150
>"stand back and survive"
How about you stop being so shit and get past the fucking TUTORIAL. Try standing back while surviving in the actual bosses last phase.
>>
File: DanceFoyoBees.gif (2 MB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
DanceFoyoBees.gif
2 MB, 640x359
>>344704150
You're fucking with us arent you?
You've actually beaten the game and is just pretending to be bad at the game aren't you.
>>
>>344704305
>A common signal meaning that the boss is invincible right now

no, a common signal meaning the boss is invincible TO BULLETS. you don't know if he's invincible if you haven't directly struck him or knocked his bullets back.

I lost my first life trying to strike him, my second trying to knock the bullets back.

Yet I'm bad because I tried 10x harder things than you instead of sitting back and holding up on the controller. Because certainly, the challenge would drop off into absolutely nothing at the end of the fight.

????
>>
>>344697290
If bait, 10/10. If serious, please kill yourself.
>>
>>344704332
>your reference is kingdom hearts

lol, how fitting.

>>344704480
I think we've already firmly established that I'm far more skilled than the first boss requires. I'm sure I could pass this game without a huge issue

I'm older than most of you but react much faster because I played games when I was young that required fast actions. I didn't play games based on collecting all the X to unlock achievements.
>>
File: consider suicide.jpg (14 KB, 300x57) Image search: [Google]
consider suicide.jpg
14 KB, 300x57
>>344704506
>reddit spacing
KILL YOURSELF IMBECILE
>>
Hold up. I thought it was made pretty well clear that when a boss glowed orange they were fucking invulnerable. Do people really not get that? Do they not see the boss glowing orange during their bullet hell segments?
>>
>>344701129
i saw a thread on /v/ and was actually plannin on buyin it on ps4 and realized it was free so i was happy about that. not sure why its not featured on the front game screen. instead its some moba starter pack shit and gat out of hell

didn't know it was a bullethell, thought it was purely hack n slash. but hey it gots both and i really liked geometry wars so the music and colors dont bother me
>>
>>344704485
answer the question: why would the boss get harder and harder, and then become so easy that you can literally just hold up on the controller and move left and right slightly.

Apparently it's intuitive that all challenge would disappear and instead of having to do something harder than ever, I would have to do basically nothing.

It's like when you finish medical school and they send you to kindergarten. Remember when that happened?
>>
>>344704628
>not even skilled enough to beat a games tutorial
lmao you fucking suck git gud you retard
>>
>>344698675
>>344704326

>people are stuck on the fourth boss

My brother also was stuck there for a while, but I got him in a single try.

The following boss, that took a bit of doing.

Also, I haven't finished the game yet but

>>344703440

Literally every boss's last phase is a big climaxy bullet hell/avoid dying for the sequence before going in for the (usual) one hit kill. The Knight's final phase requires you to parry like 20 times before you can kill him.
>>
Is there no checkpoint system on the easier difficulty?
>>
>>344704396
>I am the master of game design.
>but I've never played Mario 64, Metal Gear Solid 3, or any DMC

Now I know I'm being rused. I also remembered it was in Ninja Gaiden Black and MGR as well.
>>
File: laughing_chinese_ladies.gif (838 KB, 142x146) Image search: [Google]
laughing_chinese_ladies.gif
838 KB, 142x146
>>344704628
>you still cannot get past the first boss, underage newfag
>>
File: 1378436101463.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1378436101463.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>344704628

>"I am so good at games I died to the tutorial"
>>
>>344704396
You are a fucking tool.

t. Anon who scrolled past this thread
>>
>>344704656
Are you asserting that it's not a common game trope for a boss to be invulnerable and have his invulnerability broken by performing a certain action?

Because I'm absolutely positive that that trope is about 100 times more historically used than "just survive" trope.
>>
Guys, come on. I fired at the tutorial boss whilst he was invulnerable, too. For the entire duration of his attack.

But I didn't fucking die doing it lmao
>>
>>344704734
>Literally every boss's last phase is a big climaxy bullet hell/avoid dying for the sequence before going in for the (usual) one hit kill

WHY???

why would you take the game design out of the game and throw something at players that isn't even interesting, fun, or even remotely part of the same genre as the rest of the gameplay?

shit like that kills me man. so many games could be so much better than they are and they just shit the bed
>>
File: 1396575549516.jpg (30 KB, 406x441) Image search: [Google]
1396575549516.jpg
30 KB, 406x441
>>344704628
>now that we've established that I'm the greatest gamer ever because I said so it's clear that I'm right and you're wrong also I have super human reflexes honed by years and years of gaming.

I'm fucking dying. Please keep going.
>>
>>344704706
The boss was never hard at all, it was a god damn tutorial. Holy fuck you're shit at games.
>>
Alright so

Which boss had the best theme?
>>
>>344704706
>Basically nothing

But you have to dodge a bullet pattern, that is way more complicated that what you had before that phase.

It's fucking obvious that this is going to be a "dodge shit" phase.

Even the way the boss starts shooting stuff by getting at the top, surrounding by lightning.
>>
>>344704734
You can dodge the Knight if that's more your thing
>>
>>344704761
What boss in mario 64 requires you to just survive
nope never played MGS3 probably the best game i never played. Oh well, it'll be a gaping hole
DMC games aren't good or interesting. Weeb shit.

I remember renting 4 or something and then dante and his brother run down the front of a building while talking for 30 minutes and it was so japanese I literally ejected the disk and took it right back to the store. No refund, just returned it
>>
>>344704803

When in this game have you ever been given the impression that you can break their invulnerability? In every instance, if they're glowing orange, you can not damage them. End of story.

And speaking of "tropes", what's more common than the breaking invulnerability "trope" is waiting for a boss to complete a certain action before exposing their weak point.
>>
Didn't you say you played a bunch of old console games back in the day? I seem to remember a few old platformers where bosses had invulnerable parts of patterns where you just had to dodge attacks for a while until they opened up again. I'm pretty sure they would also sometimes have a visual indication like blinking or glowing too. I was a kid at the time, but still somehow managed to figure it out.
>>
>>344704803
Mate, in cases where you can break the invulnerability they always make it painfully clear. If they don't tell you 'you can knock him out of this' just fucking stand back and wait.
>>
>>344704734
i keep dying on the phase 4 since the close encounter part fucks with the camera so the dodging the double cones is a bit tough for my drunk self since he does it very quickly consecutively

then the fuckin green circle explosion fucks me since the window to dodge is shorter than a lot of the shit he throws out
>>
File: 1432753064478.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
1432753064478.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>344704898
>I couldn't even make it past the tutorial but I know exactly what type of game the devs were going for.
>>
>>344704925
of course it was not particularly hard, I beat it on my first try. Did you?

>>344704932
Dodging the bullet pattern is not complicated and it is far easier than any other part of the fight.

>It's fucking obvious that this is going to be a "dodge shit" phase.
No, it's obvious that it's a "the attack will never stop coming until you figure out how to damage him" phase.

The story is starting to reveal itself, I expect tropes from the 80s and 90s and you expect tropes from the 00s and 10s. It's to be expected

but my tropes are better. just fyi.
>>
File: 1282077743187.png (136 KB, 428x510) Image search: [Google]
1282077743187.png
136 KB, 428x510
>>344704628
>I'm good at videogames
>but I died to the tutorial boss
>when literally nobody else in the thread did

This place is full of retards, sure, but at least we can beat tutorials.
>>
>>344704803
Both are common tropes. When one doesn't work, perhaps the other will. Did that ever occur to you while you sat there and drooled in front of your screen?
>>
>>344704396
Jesus OP, I've heard of moving goalposts but you grabbed them, ran out the stadium, got on a plane to another country, found another stadium, then put down the goalposts in front of another set.

Just accept that, maybe, the game is a little tough and you might have to try the boss a couple of times before you get it's pattern down. It happens to us all. Chill.
>>
>>344704929
The Hand was my favorite by far.
especially when you die to him and the Voice tells you you're not alone. The fucker is really throwing it all in with you
>>
>>344704898

>interesting, fun

Subjective. Trying to survive an onslaught is pretty fucking cool.

>or even remotely part of the same genre as the rest of the gameplay?

I don't see how you could possibly get past even the first phase of the first boss by doing nothing but running up and mashing the combo button. Dodging/parrying/avoiding damage in a fundamental part of the game, the last phase typically just divides in more evenly into two big parts.
>>
>>344704929

The Chain. I've literally been listening to it all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QpUGCXwOks
>>
>>344705203
Then don't play that fucking game and go back to your 90's game then.

>>344704929
The burst is both the best boss and has the best theme. Best song in the game is the one that plays during the credits.
>>
>>344705203
>expect tropes from the 10s
>in a game released in that decade

So he's not a retard and you are. Have you not played a game since the 90s that you somehow are completely ignorant of anything that's happened since?
>>
>>344697290
So is this bait or what? You clearly have two options at that point:
>Dodge the bullets
>Don't dodge the bullets
Shouldn't take a genius to figure out what you're supposed to do, Anon.
>>
>>344705203
>glows the invuln colour the whole time right after the game tells you that's the invuln colour

>Obvious I need to figure out how to damage him

I think you're just fucking stupid and angry that you died in a video game
>>
>>344704506
well if youve gotten to the final phase of the fight, you would have noticed that shiny blue circle around the bad guy.

he does attacks similar to that throughout the fight long before that phase. So that would make someone think standing in it would be painful. so close range attacks are out of the question. Also, it's a bullet hell section, so why would you think a parry, which is commonly used in most games to deflect a singular attack, is going to reflect all of those bullets. That would actually be even worse game design to make a bullet hell zone, and having to find out which one to reflect in that mess.

I'm accusing you of pretending to be retarded.
>>
File: 1446971356260.gif (511 KB, 352x232) Image search: [Google]
1446971356260.gif
511 KB, 352x232
>>344702567
I DID IT!
>>
>keep the armor glowing at max level for one full phase
So just don't get hit for one phase? I just did that and it didn't unlock
>>
File: laughing_spiders.jpg (193 KB, 716x954) Image search: [Google]
laughing_spiders.jpg
193 KB, 716x954
>>344705006
>DMC games aren't good or interesting. Weeb shit.
this is one of the best b8 I've ever seen. This thread is just so fun
>>
>>344705012
>When in this game have you ever been given the impression that you can break their invulnerability?

there's no way to know whether it would be an element or not by the end of the first boss and it's absurd to suggest otherwise.

>>344705067
nonstop bullets coming toward me is painfully clear. why would they ever stop? ever? bosses don't stop shooting until you kill them. I don't play kingdom hearts.

>>344705128
No, I know how to make a better one.

>>344705242
>the game is a little tough

I'm sure it is later but not the part I played. got tired of it because I died due to game design, not due to my own skill.

I could dodge the bullets for 40 seconds with one hand and one eye. I'd record myself doing so if I cared to prove myself to teens (I don't.)
>>
>>344705597
Fuck mate bosses always stop at some point. It's painfully obvious they have patterns that change while they shoot. I'm convinced you're just too ashamed to admit you're wrong at this point. No one can be this fucking thick
>>
File: parry.jpg (9 KB, 116x41) Image search: [Google]
parry.jpg
9 KB, 116x41
OP, I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION.

What is this image trying to tell you to do?
>>
>>344705597
I wish you were using a trip so I could filter you.
>>
>>344705478
>so why would you think a parry

why would i think the game became a different game? why would it?

to answer your question (again) the trailer shows the hero parrying bullets back at a boss repeatedly. they SHOWED me this gameplay.

>>344705585
Really don't like them, helped usher in the damage sponge enemy era. of course, I never really understood how to play them either, but the exposition in the games is so hideously japanese I never had any desire whatsoever to go back

>people here actually think dante is somehow "cool" instead of the embodiment of 13 year old slipknot linken park hot topic kids
>>
Bait: The Thread
>>
>>344705597
Yeah well I could dodge the bullets for 3 days with just the big toe on my right foot and my sense of smell, so there.
>>
>>344704506
>coming up to bridge over a chasm
>you literally just have to walk over the bridge
>try jumping the chasm, building my own bridge, stuff 10x harder
>somehow the harder thing isn't always the right thing to do
>>
>>344705764
>Fuck mate bosses always stop at some point.

No, they don't, and I've played probably a thousand more different video games than you.

bosses don't stop shooting until you kill them or they run out of energy (which takes 4 seconds in a game like metal slug, not 40)
>>
>>344705597
>I could dodge the bullets for 40 seconds
Then why didn't you? Did you die before 40 seconds went?
>>
>>344705830
>I never really understood how to play them either
literally retarded. Do you launch yourself in SMB pits, by chance?
>>
>>344705597
>I died due to game design, not due to my own skill.
>I could dodge the bullets for 40 seconds with one hand and one eye.
So if you could do it so easily (far better than us mere mortals) how the fuck did you keep dying? Also if you're so much better than us "teens" how come so many of us beat the boss so easily we're actually shocked someone died to it?
Are you by chance a games journalist?
>>
>>344705796
It doesn't tell the player anything because I know it's from MGR. It doesn't indicate to press the stick toward the attack, so you have no way of knowing and have to figure it out yourself.

Not the worst example, but a bad one indeed.

>>344705821
or you could just exit the fucking thread that i made dickless faggot
>>
File: 1428458181739.png (49 KB, 398x409) Image search: [Google]
1428458181739.png
49 KB, 398x409
>>344705597
>I could dodge the bullets for 40 seconds with one hand and one eye
>nonstop bullets coming toward me is painfully clear. why would they ever stop? ever?

This is a clear contradiction. You either can dodge for 40 seconds and would have seen him stop shooting and the giant blue get fucked circle disappear, or you couldn't fucking make it that long and just assumed after dying a bunch that it was impossible.
>>
>>344706006
>>
>>344697290
>and you have no idea what to do
It's not fucking rocket science, dude. There are glowing bullets moving towards you, and you had a chance to learn that you could cancel them out with your own gun during the other phases.

If anything, this game is horrendously easy. The way phases / lives / health works is way too forgiving. You should not restart the fight at the last phase after being KO's, and you should DEFINITELY not get full health when you beat a phase. This is casual as shit, and is what separates it from arcade classics that it esteems itself to be a part of.
>>
File: tears.jpg (336 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
336 KB, 1000x1000
>>344705260
>when he tells you your best is good enough
>>
>>344705830
>why would i think the game became a different game? why would it?
Because it's a mix of genres, the trailer made that very clear, little babby.
>>
>>344705896
>playing an rpg
>go the slightly hidden way instead of the obvious way
>the obvious way leads to a good item
>the slightly hidden way leads to a closed gate permanently loseable item on the other path you didn't take

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>344705996
the combo stringing in DMC isn't evident in any way unless you look it up.
>>
>>344706006
>or you could just exit the fucking thread that i made dickless faggot
or you could kill yourself instead, you worthless kotaku-tier player
>>
>>344706006
But I want to discuss furi
>>
>>344703551
you dodge farther. some shit like boss 2 final phase big ass laser cant be just normal dodged through since its hitbox is larger
>>
>>344706058
state resets after you die for an additional 40 seconds.

there's no reason for the player to think it would be a timed sequence. none whatsoever. you can argue til you're blue in the face but i could make a great game and most of you couldn't if you tried because you don't understand the little things like this. literally the little things that define good or bad games.

>>344706103
mixing genres in one game is always bad design and basically always fails. it failed here because each boss ends in a fart instead of an amazing powered up form.
>>
>>344706275
then go make furi general on /vg/. this is my thread. i'm the sheriff.

you know it makes me sad that thsi game has no value becuase why would i bother playing through it if it turns into bullet hells on every boss...i'm not interested in bullet hell games and never have been past ikaruga (yes i'm sure that isn't one to you but it helped start the genre)
>>
>>344706297
If there is no reason for the player to think it, why did every other player in this thread think it before anything else?
>>
File: 1407589889948.jpg (93 KB, 500x635) Image search: [Google]
1407589889948.jpg
93 KB, 500x635
>>344703040
Shit man, I felt bad for you before but this butthurt "I'm better than everybody else and my opinion is the only relevant one ever." shit you just spouted makes me feel you don't deserve compassion.

You should have taken some of these 27 past years to work on not being a narcissistic prick.
>>
File: 1463127538304.gif (2 MB, 333x251) Image search: [Google]
1463127538304.gif
2 MB, 333x251
>Everyone runs headfirst into the baiting retard
>>
File: 1422521555386.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1422521555386.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>344706065
Wrong one
>>
>>344706370
>i'm the sheriff.
no you are a fag
>>
>>344706393
they didn't. many of you actually died to the first boss more than once because you're awful at video games and don't understand them.

It's quite easy to pose, especially when you're posing with a crowd against one guy. Once again, /v/ shows that it's all normies, doing typical normie things, taking typical normie positions with typical normie psychology.

>>344706420
I'm not sure why you think I'm in this for compassion or that I care what you think in any way whatsoever

I made the thread to give my thoughts and it's basically revealed, interestingly, that today's gamers not only expect passive "gameplay" but enjoy it.
>>
>>344706449
>not counter rusing him by pretending to not see through his bait
C'mon
>>
File: 1356900985939.jpg (29 KB, 484x359) Image search: [Google]
1356900985939.jpg
29 KB, 484x359
>>344706449
This thread really is one giant shitfest of retardedness
>>
File: 1468083840073.jpg (37 KB, 324x454) Image search: [Google]
1468083840073.jpg
37 KB, 324x454
"what would you do if you had an eternity to do nothing but wait?

Do you keep busy, do you daydream, do you freak out?

He trained"

>MFW
>>
>>344697290
>>344699187
>>344699676
You're so god damn retarded there's little hope to you living on your own. Please have a family member present with you at all times before you injure someone or yourself by being unattended.
I would love to explain to you why you're retarded, but from reading your I know it will land on deaf ears.
>>
File: 1463785362994.png (72 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1463785362994.png
72 KB, 360x360
>tfw you will never be as bad at video games as OP
>>
>>344706625

The thread revealed that you are an idiot pretty much. That's just about it
>>
>>344706625
>they didn't. many of you actually died to the first boss more than once because you're awful at video games and don't understand them
Kek nice projecting. Some of us are actually not comepletely retarded like you and can beat a games tutorial.
>>
Genuine question OP, do you have autism?
>>
File: 1389013260727.gif (56 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1389013260727.gif
56 KB, 320x240
>>344706714
Feels pretty good tbqh
>>
>>344705496
what is that mechanic exactly? dont remember the game mentioning the glowy armor
>>
File: 1467940511074.jpg (161 KB, 1000x977) Image search: [Google]
1467940511074.jpg
161 KB, 1000x977
OP will never destroy this.
>>
File: shit_eating_grin.png (152 KB, 322x570) Image search: [Google]
shit_eating_grin.png
152 KB, 322x570
>>344706625
>they didn't. many of you actually died to the first boss more than once because you're awful at video games and don't understand them.
>
>It's quite easy to pose, especially when you're posing with a crowd against one guy. Once again, /v/ shows that it's all normies, doing typical normie things, taking typical normie positions with typical normie psychology.
bad op, you're making the bait too obvious, we cannot keep faking this for long

>>344706714
>yfw OP is as shit as Antony Burch
>>
>>344701141
Every other fucking boss in the game requires you to just survive their final phase for a long time, with the concept exception of the beat and edge
>>
File: 1409095970739.png (269 KB, 680x415) Image search: [Google]
1409095970739.png
269 KB, 680x415
>>344706297
>state resets after you die for an additional 40 seconds.
So you admit you were not capable of beating the section and are not the supreme ultimate gamer you seem to think you are.

The boss has moments of invincibility. This is very clearly visually telegraphed. In the final phase this visual cue it reiterated and a blue danger zone is added around the boss to emphasize that you are not suppose to go near him. It's also a fucking game with an obvious win state, so if it's not possible to win now, logic would dictated that it becomes possible to win later on.

No matter how you look at it, it's pretty clear that you're suppose to wait for an opening. A concept grasped by literally every other human being on this planet except you.

You also didn't make it past the tutorial, how do you know the difficulty of the bullet hell segments later on? It's also very clearly shown in the trailer which you admitted to seeing earlier that the game was a large part a bullet hell.

I sincerely hope for your sake that you're just pretending to be retarded and not actually this miserably awful at video games.
>>
File: 1391825428458.jpg (4 KB, 159x250) Image search: [Google]
1391825428458.jpg
4 KB, 159x250
Loved the game.

Also the bunny was the jailer that he claimed to have killed right.

Milf angel porn when
>>
>>344706714
I feel sorry for him tbqh. I feel like we're bullying some retard who doesn't know any better.
>>
File: 1349217226441.jpg (42 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
1349217226441.jpg
42 KB, 720x439
>guy gets angry about bullet hell game play in a game that features a large chunk of it and tries to claim it is objectively bad by naming old games that have no relation
>>
>>344706714
i'd curb stomp you in literally any genre of game. you might get me in mario party.
>>
>>344705918
Mate in games like metal slug you have similar cues. You just watch the patterns, dodge shit and then go in for the kill. Same shit with this game only the patterns last a bit longer than 5 fucking seconds. Has gaming changed that much? Is the idea of certain elements from games in the past being expanded scaring you? Would you just prefer the game be some sort of carbon copy of your 'golden' era of games? You died once to the bullet hell, in a new game with aspects of a genre you haven't played before. I'm sure the first time you played Metal Slug you died to some bullet spam. Did that make you freak out and drop the game?
Look man this is kind of pathetic, you're constantly telling people you're better than them and older than them, it's just making you look like some creep who won't let go. Just accept it's not what you thought and move on already. People have pulled apart your arguments at every turn and you just keep finding new ones. I'm sorry this game didn't hold your hand as tightly as you'd like and I'm sorry it's not like games in the past just fucking move on already
>>
>>344705496
You need to be fully charged at the start, the easiest way to do that is during the Edge, just charge your sword during the first phase and don't get hit until the end of the second one.
At least that's what happened for me I think.
>>
>>344706085
Dude this game isn't after anyone's quarters.
>>
>>344706297
>mixing genres in one game is always bad design and basically always fails. it failed here because each boss ends in a fart instead of an amazing powered up form.
I'm surprised there aren't more people here agreeing with this. The only time where mixing genres is acceptable is when it's an open world game, and the other genres serve as mini games in order to make the overall game feel bigger and broader in depth.
>>
>>344706843
>press start
>how to play
>there you go
Don't feel bad for being stupid, some people are just born like that.
>>
>>344706890
>Milf angel porn when
Never. ;__;
If I was the main character, I would've just stayed with her desu.
>>
File: 28595.jpg (110 KB, 355x960) Image search: [Google]
28595.jpg
110 KB, 355x960
>>344706625
You didn't "give your thoughts", you complained that everything's not tailored to your specific amount of skills and dulled out middle-aged reflexes.

You're a 40 years old crybaby.
>>
>OP will never get this message
Look at him and laugh
>>
>>344706932
You can start by beating my high score in Furi lmao
>>
>>344707062
That's actually a thing you can do though.
You didn't.
It was your choice that she died.
Your fault.
>>
>>344707062
But anon you can
>>
>>344707014
Instead it's here to act like it's hardcore when it isn't, is what you're saying?

Going "after someone's quarters" doesn't change the fact that arcade games were better designed.
>>
File: 1467487453550.jpg (33 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
1467487453550.jpg
33 KB, 500x417
>>344706449
This thread is fucking golden though.

>>344706297
>You can come up with well reasoned arguments all you want but you'll never be right like me because I understand things about game design that no other human does.
>>
Whether OP is baiting or not its sad to know that there's people out there who don't realise excellence is a habit
>>
File: 3744009.jpg (58 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
3744009.jpg
58 KB, 480x480
>>344706932
I challenge you to a duel of beating Furi's tutorial boss
>>
>>344706370
Helped start the genre? Mate even Touhou, which you seem to love to shit on, was around 5 years before Ikaruga was a thing.
>>
Ignoring OPs tantrum, what do you guys think the Strap is? Another alien probably, but from where? Man I want something more from these guys to expand on some shit in the game.
>>
>>344707048
damn you're a massive faggot

no where in how to play explains the different colors on your armor
>>
>>344706875
nothing being said in this thread is bait.

how many of you can stand up to everyone and be the one guy saying another thing? even online?

hint: the one guy is often right. historical record proves it.

>>344706886
didn't read your post. already been explained: died once trying to get close, died another time trying to reflect bullets. at no point did i try waiting.

>>344706980
there is no cue that you're supposed to just survive. whatsoever.

>>344707079
i'm 34 and my reflexes are faster than yours. I'm better at video games, I play instruments, and I'd beat you in a reaction time experiment as well as a skilled reaction time experiment.

sorry kid.
>>
>>344707062
If you stay with her she literally says "I can be yours" in a very suggestive way.

She wants the pestilence dick
>>
>>344697290
git gud
>>
File: 1395775821848.jpg (23 KB, 187x275) Image search: [Google]
1395775821848.jpg
23 KB, 187x275
>>344707347
Sure you are great bud, you should make a youtube channel and advertise it on reddit.
>>
>>344707241
no, better game designers understand the same thing i do.

why didn't the boss start fading to a dull glow, indicating his shield running out of energy?

are you really going to tell me that if that was in the game, it's not better design than what you got?

go ahead and tell me that's not better than nothing. go ahead and tell me it's "handholding" when you KNOW it's just good design.
>>
I was just thinking how I'm having a really easy time with the last sections. The only one that gave me trouble during his "dodge" phase was the father.

Excellent game though.
>>
>>344707201
>to act like it's hardcore
Where does it ever say that? When picking a difficulty normal says it can be challenging but nowhere else does it try to flaunt it as a hard game
>>
>>344707465
He already has one :https://www.youtube.com/user/DSPGaming
>>
File: dat_edge.gif (2 MB, 428x769) Image search: [Google]
dat_edge.gif
2 MB, 428x769
>>344707347
>nothing being said in this thread is bait.
>sorry kid.
ya blew it
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.