[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark souls 3 really missed the mark.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1468014667447.jpg (278 KB, 611x928) Image search: [Google]
1468014667447.jpg
278 KB, 611x928
Dark Souls 2:

>Hey you know, I feel like doing some PvP. I'll hit the arenas.
>Hey I beed a break from the arenas, I'll hit the fight club at Iron Keep bridge.
>Hey I'm bored of the fight clubs, I'll do some red invades.
>Well red invades aren't very fun, I keep invading noobs just trying to play through the PvE.
>I'll go stand in Belfy Luna and invade and get invaded and earn Ore while I'm at it.
>Time to take a break from Luna, let's go to Sol.
>Ahhh, I'm tired of this too, let's blue invade all over the world.
>This is fun, I get to PvP all over the game, and I get to punish people for invading noobs.
>look at bonfire map, see several outline indicators displaying which areas have the most players in them atm
>Go stand in those areas with delicate string and dried finger active
>Periodically get invaded in between blue invades
>Fighting all over the game, wherever I want, punishing sinners, drawing sinners to my world, whenever I get bored of one style of PvP I go back to doing arenas, fight clubs, bell tower, etc.

Dark Souls 3:
>Hey you know, I feel like doing some PvP
>wow they really limited the PvP this time around...
>I guess I'll fight club?
>well that got boring fast, I guess I'll blue invade and punish sinners?
>oh, that doesn't exist anymore, I guess I'll dried finger and wait to be invaded?
>oh, I can't because I've already cleared the game and you can't be invaded after you've cleared the area
>Well I guess I'll red invade... oh wow it's a 1v4 and each enemy rolls behind his three teammates and chugs the moment I land one blow on him episode...
>>
You posted this yesterday dude
>>
>>344683504

I post this every day. I have several copy pastas that I made and I rotate them. I do this because of all the casual faggots who spammed "DS2 sucks, DS3 best game" when DS3 released. I'm going to keep doing this for a long time.
>>
>>344684125
Doing god's work
>>
>>344682878
>Well red invades aren't very fun, I keep invading noobs just trying to play through the PvE.
Are you retarded?

That's the whole point of invading you idiot. To fight people just trying to progress through the game.

>those complaints about dark souls 3
Is this the PC version or something?
On PS4 I've enjoyed it so far. I get ganked sometimes but i've also won 1v2 and 1v3 before, making it a thrill.

Even better when I get back up in the middle of a fight and people are going down one by one until it's just me and the host, down to our last couple of estus sips.

The only thing that annoys me are the fight clubs because sometimes I just want a god damn ember, and there's no way for an invader to call for back up or get some bias when the host has phantoms.
>>
>>344685528
>>Well red invades aren't very fun, I keep invading noobs just trying to play through the PvE.
>Are you retarded?
>That's the whole point of invading you idiot. To fight people just trying to progress through the game.

No but I think you might be retarded. There's a plethora of ways to PvP in Dark Souls 2, including red invading. In Souls 3, all you can do is red invade or fight club in one tiny corner of one map. It's bland, and boring.
>>
>>344686294
The point of RED invading, is to invade a random players world who's just progressing as normal. Why would you red invade and complain about it working like it's supposed to. And that's a response to OP claiming red invading isn't very fun in Dark souls 2, not 3. Learn to read and know what you're talking about.
>>
File: happy Tony.jpg (61 KB, 567x800) Image search: [Google]
happy Tony.jpg
61 KB, 567x800
>be playing with my mythic guild
>am one of the officers, recruit lots of people, a handful even stood long term and became core
>be there since wotlk, slowly progressed to becoming one of the pillars
>a guy that just got here a month ago, hasn't even got raider rank whispers me saying he has something of worth to ask me
>he says he's actually the officer of a heroic raiding guild and seeing how I perform I could give him some suggestion
>think to myself I'm gonna play along and pretend I'm interested in his pitiful guild
>say sure, give him the link to a post I made after editing it and fucking up rotation and gliphs
>the day after I log on
>he immediately whispers me screaming how he got kicked from the raid for doing sub par dps all because of my post
>tough luck kiddo
>whisper the GM of his guild, tell him how he's trying to jump ship to get into mine because he thinks you're lame
>he shits himself seeing my guild's name (top 5 worldwide)
>one minute later dumbo has been kicked out of his guild
>tell this in trade chat too adding some more details here and there to make sure no decent guild will ever add him again
>GM of his old guild even gives me his house address at my request
>tell this to Adam (GM of my guild) on Vent and we laugh it off
>he asks the retard to come on vent one day and invites him to our channel
>he's basically crying at this point asking me why I put all that effort into hurting him
>reveal to him that us elite mythic raiders are hardcore about everything we do
>proceed to swat him and his family 4 fun, dog got killed
>>
>>344686667

You're failing to comprehend. Red invades in 2 weren't as fun as other pvp methods because you mostly fight noobs. In 3 you fight noobs with 3 people protecting them. It sucks in both. At least ds2 had other methods to PvP.

Please work on your reading comprehension
>>
>>344687048
That says more about the players than the game numbnuts. And don't forget in order to summon more phantoms in part 3 you need to use a dried finger, which attracts more invaders.

I've also often invaded a players world where he was alone, and then he immediately runs to try and summon a phantom. Meaning you do often invade a single host but he ran to try and summon a phantom the moment the game notified him that you were invading. It's more obvious when the moment I start spawning I see "Summoning Phantom" or "Unable to summon phantom".

Perhaps because this is the most AAA Dark souls, it's attracted a lot of new players.
Either way, if you're not a prissy little bitch that gets scared the moment he sees multiple players to fight you'll find you can win those fights especially if you use the level design to your advantage.
>>
>>344682878
Dark Souls 2 is a piece of shit but Im truly amazed they succeeded in making an even worse piece of shit with Dark Souls 3, but I simply just don't care at all about this garbage series anymore, I'm only interested in the spin-offs such as Bloodborne. Dark Souls should have never had a sequel because those were made not out of passion but out of a contractual obligation and for the purpose of milking the cow dry until it's dead. The only high point of this entire turd of a game was the Lothric and Lorian fight. All the other bosses were utter garbage and everything regarding the online is trash next to the other games.

At this point I just wish they'd remaster Demon's Souls already so I could relive a proper Souls game where they're not trying to appeal to these non-fans who only came into the series after it blew up mainstream and always throw a billion tantrums because someone invaded them and didn't let them win effortlessly. Fuck Dark Souls.
>>
>>344688212

Your opinion is wrong.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.