[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>New ArmA expansion releases >Get excited >Hop on to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: not this.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
not this.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
>New ArmA expansion releases
>Get excited
>Hop on to play the new map
>All the servers are just roleplaying bullshit and DayZ-lite.

ArmA 2 killed the franchise when it pulled in all the normies. I just want normal, combined arms TvT like the game was fucking designed for.
>>
Honestly play PR or wait for squad to be bigger. PR is like the only game you're going to get large scale combined arms in with teamwork on a public server
>>
>>344678854
Sadly true. I just fucking hate it's atrocious handling of guns and retarded emplacement system. Squad addresses those, but it has almost no content to speak of.
>>
>>344679335
I'm sure SQUAD will get there. Developers seem pretty active
>>
>>344678621
>I just want normal, combined arms TvT like the game was fucking designed for.

Fucking this! Every Unit is either PVE or autistic cancer.
>>
File: g4pZ9Ez.jpg (95 KB, 443x800) Image search: [Google]
g4pZ9Ez.jpg
95 KB, 443x800
>>344678621
How's the expansion content-wise?
>>
>>344678621
>Playing serious TvT against unknown people
It would be just a mess
>>
File: Brad.jpg (128 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Brad.jpg
128 KB, 1024x576
>Arma has all the nice maps, setups and a fuckload of mods for a variety of settings but none of the good pickup communities where you can just play with people and expect coordinates
>Squad/PR has people where you can just squad up and expect decent coordination along with good gun handling and controls but nowhere near the amount of content that Arma has
You can't just fucking win these days.
>>
File: 1455660550401.jpg (31 KB, 405x344) Image search: [Google]
1455660550401.jpg
31 KB, 405x344
Is there a way to pirate it and make it work with a Steam copy?

I'm getting laid off next month, so I quite literally can't afford it.
>>
>>344681530
Obviously no, and even, it would be a VAC ban.
>>
>>344681697
thats not how vac works anon
>>
>>344679335
It's pretty barebones but what's there is really promising. Gunplay is miles better than PR or Arma 3 and the leaning is great. Still no bipods, vehicles, or backup sights yet and there's pretty much only AK variants and M4s.
>>
>>344680925
The content is actually pretty nice. Probably the best map ArmA's had, IMO.

>>344681016
It's still better than beating on brain dead bots or roleplaying like some faggot. Otherwise no one would make multiplayer-based FPS games.
>>
Still waiting for Sa-Matra wasteland on Tanoa.
>>
>>344682062
join an actual Arma 3 group.
Complaining about a such thing is like complaining about low level players in TF2.
>>
>>344682056
I have it, but the novelty has worn off. It's currently just Insurgency with needlessly big maps until stuff like vehicles is actually involved. Doesn't help that the maps are really boring, open, and samey. It's not really gonna be in a good place until at least a year from now, IMO.
>>
>>344682201
No, it would be like complaining that 90% of TF2's servers were just modded to play galaga for some reason.

I'm not annoyed about bad players, I'm annoyed that the game's multiplayer has nothing to do with the actual game itself.
>>
>>344681224
90% of Arma content is shit though. There's just enough shit that's churned out to be able to pick from the cream of the crop and have a good selection. It also helps that good content from arma 2 can be ported to 3.
>>
>>344682924
>ArmA 2
>Good content
Found the cold war faggot booty-blasted about 3 not being yet another carbon copy of the franchise.
>>
That map look so cool.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.