[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never play Witcher 3 for the first time again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: 1254123.jpg (633 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1254123.jpg
633 KB, 1920x1080
>you will never play Witcher 3 for the first time again
>>
I've not even touched it yet, as TW2 was such a clunky, overhyped turd compared to the original
>>
>>344667983
i forced myself to play it for few hours
story and music is kinda good but the combat, rpg elements and movement is so broken its practicaly unplayable.
>>
>>344667983
Good.
I installed it twice then deleted it an hour after
Took me a third time to get into it and actually play it. Glad I did, though.

Also first in for Eskel = top bro
>>
playing it right now for the first time.

feels good jin
>>
Wish death march was more difficult. Once you get Severance all you have to do is whirl
>>
File: 1465326244338.png (320 KB, 540x643) Image search: [Google]
1465326244338.png
320 KB, 540x643
Tricks on you OP I've never made it further than an hour and a half into a witcher game. The gameplay is clunky as hell and the long winded dialogue never interested me.
>>
>>344667983
I'm playing it for the first time right now actually, having a blast.
>>
>>344667983
good, the combat sucks
SUCKS
>>
>>344667983
This is honestly the best game I have ever played, and I played a lot of games mind you.
No other game has managed to suck away my life and make it feel so good. Sure the combat is not the best, but its enough if you actually immerse in the world and story, and with the atmosphere so thick everywhere it is very easy. Shame it's over and we wont get another The Witcher anytime soon.
This is the game of my life and the only game that can be better than it is The Witcher 4
>>
>>344668613
This, it took me 4 tries to get in, but when I did I put 100 hours in it.
>>
File: 423454352345.png (44 KB, 265x200) Image search: [Google]
423454352345.png
44 KB, 265x200
>edging myself towards the end of BaW so it doesn't end
>mastercraft all armors, finish all quests, even check online to make sure I didn't miss anything
>tfw both sisters died
>that camera wink
>feel bad, but go off to the villa
>Yen is there, have a short "glad all that's over" conversation with her
>conversation ends
>just stand next to her taking in the visuals one last time
>save and quit

Felt good.
>>
File: 35345235435.jpg (196 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
35345235435.jpg
196 KB, 1280x800
>>344668613
>Eskel
>not this top tier cheeky cunt

Can't handle the bantz?
>>
I've skipped it along with TW2 because I couldn't tolerate the first game, didn't want to play 2 without the story of the first.
>>
>>344667983
>What is Alzheimer.
>>
>>344667983
Over the past 2 years I read all of the books and played 1-3. Felt depressed for about a week after I finished 3.They might not ever make another entry in the series.
>>
>>344672139
I disliked TW1's gameplay too. I just flipped on God mode and romped through the game a couple years ago. Just do that.
>>
>>344672053
All of the teenage angst and whining got old.
>>
File: 1466133098478.jpg (18 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1466133098478.jpg
18 KB, 255x255
I just finished it for the first time anon.

And I almost dropped it, jesus fucking christ. There were maybe two quests without witcher senses - mask carnival and uroboros mask one. It got so fucking repetitive that I couldn't stand it.

It needed another month of development, it needs some polish and fixes.
>>
>>344667983

Fine by me. It sucked and there was no romance option to fuck Ciri.
>>
I've never played and I still have to play the 1st and 2nd games and I plan to get around to doing it eventually get fucked kid
>>
>>344673160
Dude, she'd bite your dick off if she wanted to.
>>
>>344672803

Haven't they basically guaranteed this by the fact that Witchers are no longer created in any of the schools? Now it's just a few old men and a couple of cat school psychopaths, but the trial of grasses has been lost to time and all the schools have gone derelict.
>>
>>344673291

The fuck are you talking about? Ciri has major daddy issues for Geralt and takes any excuse she can to be all over him. The poor girl wants so much white wolf D.
>>
>combat
>both polish and english VA
>quest design
>bosses (what the actual fuck)
>lazy writing
>the only reason why characters are likeable is that 90% of the main cast is either a bunch of sarcastic dudes or magical independent women

>>344673302
It isn't lost anymore.
>>
File: 1443412586581.png (14 KB, 166x166) Image search: [Google]
1443412586581.png
14 KB, 166x166
>mfw playing for the first time right now

Like 40 hours in, haven't gotten bored yet. The quest to rescue Dandelion was a bit of a slog, but that and Triss' voice are my only complaints.
>>
Playing Blood & Wine at the moment. It comes close to catching that feeling again, since it's a whole new map.

>tfw first entering Novi Grad.
>tfw when first exploring Skelling Isles.
>>
>>344673464
>it isn't lost anymore

Granted for the sake of Uma and to progress the plot, but Geralt, Eskel, and Lambert are sickened by the sight of the process, even Vesemir who's familiar with it shows grief and regret.

Plus a little bit later and Kaer Morhen is pretty much abandoned by the last residents.

Feels bad man, no new members of the witcher caste being created to protect people and hunt monsters.
>>
>>344667983
>you Wil never experience this shitfest for the first time again

uhh... good?
>>
>>344673757

Skellige was awesome, but Novigrad was male feminist-tier constant fedora shit.
>>
>>344667983
>story fag sad because he realizes his "game" wents to shit after one playthrough
topkek
>>
>>344673923
Well, monsters almost gone extinct. There are so many of them in the game since it's a game, but lore-wise there's not a lot of them left.

I'm sad too, I'd like to see Kaer Morhen full of training witchers.
>>
>>344674089

But Geralt does say that the wildernesses are still full of monsters. As humans expand and explore more of the planet to settle in new lands, it's obvious they'll face vicious monsters.

It would just make sense if they eluded to the Lodge of Sorceresses having found a way to recreate the trial of grasses with less undesirable effects like agony and death.
>>
i am playing it for the first time pham, 50 hours in and im loving every second, right now im clearing the question marks on the south of Velen before heading to Novigrad

a question for you guys, i've seen some merchants selling maps with quest icons, supposedly these maps are for witcher gear sets, do i need to buy these to start the witcher gear quests or i can find the armor parts by myself?
>>
>>344674507

If you don't buy them, you'll just find the diagrams by chance while exploring the areas that the maps would have led you to. Purchasing the maps does not activate the loot in those areas.
>>
I didn't like it on my first attempt at playing it. After a few months I tried again and that time it stuck.
>>
>>344674469
I don't think that thge Lodge of Sorceresses cares about witchers at all.

Also before playing the game I thought that the witchers didn't give a fuck about how horrible the trial of grasses was since they're supposed to be emotionless. Everyone knows that this "lack of emotions" is a load of bullshit
>>
>>344667983
Hope FF XV gives me the same feeling after i finish it.
>>
who else let djikstra kill roche
>>
>>344674709

They're cunts who are just worried about furthering their own status but after Geralt sticks his neck out to save them on several occasions, the least they can do is figure something out.

Yeah, I found it weird that emotionless witchers are so emo/angry like Lambert. Eskel is pretty bro tier. But I've never read the books, I only know about the games.
>>
>>344674884
Top tier faggot.
>>
>>344674884
I couldn't because didn't think the option to gently walking Djikstra home meant to fuck up his leg, resulting in Radovid conquering the south.
>>
Am I missing something? I went to the Paciflora and spoke to Djikstra and Roche about their plot to kill Radovid. I then accepted their mission to help the cobbler who's really their spy, and then I never heard anything else about killing Radovid.

What gives?
>>
>>344674974
It's especially weird since Geralt gets angry in seconds and in some of the scenes he's literally crying without tears and sfx.

>>344674884
I was kind of torn. I like them both, but I haven't played the previous games so I don't know a lot about Roche. Djikstra got reduced to a sarcastic guy who doesn't like Geralt.

In the end I chose to kill Djikstra.
>>
>>344674674
i see, thanks
>>
Jokes on you i never got past level 4 before quitting. I can finish it for the firat time WHENEVER I WANT.
>>
>>344675193
Did you "gently shove" Djikstra?
>>
>>344675193

you shouldn't have broken djikstra's other knee
>>
File: 1468109009219.png (10 KB, 436x477) Image search: [Google]
1468109009219.png
10 KB, 436x477
>first playthrough was on low-medium settings at unstable and very unenjoyable 20-30fps
>never bothered with gwent
>didn't bother with a lot of sidequests
>killed the nigga at the end of TW2 so I missed out on him
>haven't played any of the DLC
>its been over a year anyways so I've forgotten a lot of the intricacies
When I get a new graphics card it'll be the first game I replay
>>
>>344675340
>>344675364

No idea what this means. The only open quests I have are the Heart of Stone ones.
>>
>>344675448
Im pretty sure you have to keep going in the main story. It'll appear eventually
>>
>>344675448
The assassination mission only opens up after you reach a certain part of the main quest

When Phillipa Eilcunt returns
>>
Currently on second playthrough, going at a a snails pace playing like once or twice a week. Honestly feels okay.
>>
File: meditate.jpg (3 MB, 3413x1440) Image search: [Google]
meditate.jpg
3 MB, 3413x1440
>>344671910
I did the same exact thing. Same ending, same Yen, same save and quit.

I like to imagine ol' Geralt now spends his time just living in his house, taking care of the vineyard, maybe taking a few light contracts for old times' sake, oh and killing Orianna of course since he said he'd be back for her.

I hope you have a good rest.
https://a.pomf.cat/yraqpd.webm
>>
>first playthrough
>finish white orchard, meet up with cuntiffer
>go to see emperor
>get a straight razor shave like a boss

I approve of games where the protagonist shaves the way I do IRL.
>>
File: bluegill.jpg (11 KB, 168x185) Image search: [Google]
bluegill.jpg
11 KB, 168x185
>>344676563
>For you.
>>
>>344676879
I knew it. I fucking hate this place.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.