[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix Hawken? Would just add more customization help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: chillaxin.jpg (573 KB, 2560x1650) Image search: [Google]
chillaxin.jpg
573 KB, 2560x1650
How would you fix Hawken? Would just add more customization help? Or is something wrong on it's fundaments?
>>
Singleplayer with story. A good old amazing Mechwarrior game. Fuck multiplayer shit.
>>
Is that mech even in the game?
>>
File: 1463527464410.png (225 KB, 2000x2354) Image search: [Google]
1463527464410.png
225 KB, 2000x2354
>>344656931
Game plays great. I mean the mechanics are solid. The mech design is also nice.

But the fucking MP grind is too much for me. I'm with this anon >>344657068

Gimme single player. Even Titanfall 2 is giving you a SP with your own robobro.

>titanfall 2's story trailer has more views than the MP one
Kek.
>>
>>344657068
/thread

seriously it is so sad to see all these amazing multiplayer games eventually die and basically become unplayable, simply because the playerbase moves on to other games

i would fucking love a well done singleplayer campaign with the awesome aesthetics of the hawken maps
>>
>>344657348
>seriously it is so sad to see all these amazing multiplayer games eventually die and basically become unplayable,

Not just that, but they're wasting interesting settings and story elements on this crap. Even just pure gameplay. Fuck MP.
>>
File: junk_head1.jpg (93 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
junk_head1.jpg
93 KB, 600x400
It came back when everyone forgot about it, i'd say it's bound to happen again even with drastic changes.

I love the design, I love the enviroments, I love the sound effects and I love the mechs except the fucking television.
I believe the efforts made and the care they took is clear as day, yet again it came in a time when MP shooters with cash store were common as fuck and it just got washed away by the times.

Too bad.
>>
>>344656931

>Would just add more customization help?

Customization isn't content.
>>
>>344657781
Yes, you are correct. I actually asked it knowing content is barebones even with some stuff removed, and was expecting a pat on the back.
>>
>>344656931
I played the beta or whatever it was when it was first available and found it to be like a really mundane multiplayer shooter, Halo-ish with a few quirks and very little interesting content. Haven't touched it since.

It has a nice aesthetic, but it didn't really have any "personality".
It didn't draw me in like how Titanfall recently or much older mech games did.

It wasn't quite the Heavy Gear or Mechwarrior games I've played of the past where it was more like operating a slightly trickier, versatile tank. Instead, it was "just another FPS" where it feels like you're controlling any other human character. Mechanically and visually to some degree, HAWKEN comes off most as similar to the earlier Armored Core games, but with something missing in its transition to a first person perspective with a focus on a more manual aiming shooter design.

Titanfall does the same only on a visual level, but its Pilot/Mech contrast gave you a sense of scale, and there were many differences in how you played on-foot and in a machine. When it came down to it, the only thing that made it come off as "you're just a bigger soldier dude" was aiming, but when you look at the sum of its parts, TF's machines felt like they belonged in their world - weighty giant robots that would reasonably be able to survive in battle against soldiers and droids capable of leaping across the sky and moving fast enough to keep up with the giant machines.

Thinking about that, I think one thing that Hawken is definitely missing is a sense of scale. It's ONLY the mechs.
Heavy Gear, Armored Core, Titanfall - they all have infantry and conventional tanks and even much larger superweapons fighting alongside you. The lot combined all create a juxtaposition that gives you your sense of scale, establishing that you are standing tall in a big robot. Looked at some recent gameplay videos - in several maps, you could very well just be a normal soldier given the look of the environment.
>>
File: 1459266066167.jpg (66 KB, 452x504) Image search: [Google]
1459266066167.jpg
66 KB, 452x504
>>344659648
>Thinking about that, I think one thing that Hawken is definitely missing is a sense of scale. It's ONLY the mechs.
HAWKEN mechs are pretty small.

>Mechanically HAWKEN comes off most as similar to the earlier Armored Core games
This makes zero sense to me. This comparison is so dumb I cannot even fathom it.
>>
Give people the option to pay $30 for all the shit.

You've got two options:
You either keep your original fans happy, aka the idiots who spent upwards of $400 on all the DLC/Unlocks you forced them to buy, and have your game just be another F2P that nobody besides the 1000 or so people who were financially tied to the game wants to touch

Or

You pull an Evolve, and allow people to actually start playing the game without buying in to all the microtransaction shit. Sure its not the best at the moment but it sure beats where it was 5 months ago.
>>
add singleplayer

add some color to the areas so every screenshot isn't a grey blob
>>
Remove the technician
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.