[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game still alive or fun? I remember it being relatively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (393 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
393 KB, 1920x1080
Is this game still alive or fun? I remember it being relatively fun back at launch. Any /v/irgins still play it?
>>
Yes it is alive, no it isn't fun.

Such a shame because I like very thing about the game in theory, but it just feels pointless.

Combat somehow manages to feel like ass despite all the flashiness because there is limited choices to make. I prefer World of a Warcraft combat, can you beleive that? I can't.

They should have kept the Pokemon collecting of abilities and huge decks of possible abilities to pick your limitaction bar from.
>>
>>344641862
I reinstalled recently to see. if >>>
>only person online in both my guild and friends list
>walk around in LA like two people there
>find out they have a new story arch in the form of DLC
>>find out that they're wanting 50? dollars for it
>nope reuninstalled it
>>
>>344641862
it was fun but became shit grindfest with SJW story full of homo
>>
File: femalenornmalehuman.jpg (489 KB, 1280x1944) Image search: [Google]
femalenornmalehuman.jpg
489 KB, 1280x1944
It was only fun at release. Then they retroactively ruined the farming methods, didn't lift a finger to revitalize the dead world, sacked the non-SJW staff, and filled it more and more normie-friendly whacamole.

One of the biggest wasted opportunities in vidya, like most MMO's.
>>
>>344641862

It's still alive, but almost everybody seem to be playing the new zones or doing raids, while the older (low-level ones) are wastelands.
>>
>>344641862
It's alive, but it's currently experiencing the worst content drought of its lifetime
>>
File: 1466122004831.jpg (119 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1466122004831.jpg
119 KB, 640x640
>>344644035

>you will not experience death by snu snu
>>
I really liked the artstyle in the game. It was like a good version of WoW, without the moronic character designs and cartoon shit (then again its an old ass game)
>>
File: 242422.jpg (30 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
242422.jpg
30 KB, 250x250
Is there any mmo that has the "deposit all materials to your storage" button like in GW2?

pls respond
>>
>>344645990
dunno
>>
If you're not max level yet it's really fun. Problem is after you're done with all that there's absolutely nothing to do. WvW still dead, pvp unbalanced, dungeons mean fuck all by now etc.
>>
>>344643834
LA is populated with shit loads of people everywhere. Infact the game has tons of people playing.

I don't like the game but don't spew shit.
>>
>>344643834

>walk around in LA like two people there
>things that never happened
>>
>>344645990
WoW
>>
>>344643316
Why didn't you just say it bluntly in the space of 3 months after release they shit on everything GW1 fans wanted to cater to the asses who look for instant gratification.
>>
>>344643834
>This entire statement

Anon really? You mean to tell me you walked into Lions fucking Arch and there were two people?
>>
>>344645990
ESO just added that recently, except its automatic and there isn't a limit I don't think.
>>
>>344650220

It is unlimited. It works fairly well too. But you also have to be an ESO Plus subscriber so poorfags lose on that one
>>
>>344644590

This is why I will never play a game from a company that shits out MMO's like it had some poorly cooked kimchi

They just spam MMO's. A bunch of people I know (mostly the faggots and exploiters desu) left ESO to go play BDO but they will face the same situation in 6 months when they abandon it, like they did with WildStar.
>>
>>344650863

I realize that BDO is not NCSOFT, but my point was never trust Korean bullshit

I've been drinking a little bit

I can't even tell the difference between Korean MMO's though
>>
>>344641862
Nope.

>Only challenging end-game dungeon content is Fractals
>Mary sue faggot salad monsters in the spotlight for the entirety of the story
>The story follows a mulatto norn, a crippled midget (asura), two lesbians and a tsundere charr
>Living Story villain is the biggest Mary Sue ever, a salad monster which manages to be better than literally everyone at everything, and still got what she wanted when she 'lost'
>New expansion is bullshit
>Charged full price for the expansion (which came with the base game) regardless of whether or not you bought the base game
>New armour, runes, weapons, literally everything has to be grinded for with tedious map events
>New expansion only added a total of five maps with no new dungeons
>New elite specializations are bullshit, there's no reason to not pick the specializations because of how overpowered they are compared to base specializations
>PvP is a shitfest of spamming cooldowns, not fun and not rewarding at all
>In one 'pro' game of GW2 PvP, no one captured a single point for five minutes straight due to insane sustainability with each class
>PvP build diversity is nonexistent

Want me to keep going?
>>
>>344651795
Sure work away, not like this thread is fast moving.
>>
File: why gw2 is trash.jpg (2 MB, 3150x2910) Image search: [Google]
why gw2 is trash.jpg
2 MB, 3150x2910
>>344653117
Sure.
>>
>>344653231
that rock pet cost like 10 bucks right?
>>
>>344653647
Pretty much. Desperately needed bug fixes and balance patches are only done during their quarterly updates now. But they keep adding new cosmetic items to their gem store and make ultra rare weapon skins which you can only get through crates and keys which you buy with gems. I haven't checked it in a while, but there's probably a billion different types of wings by now.
>>
>>344654024
Same boat played till like mid November of the first year. Guild been with for years in GW1 collapsed, then played on and off to finish Sorrows Embrace armor set, popped back for season 2 of living story got half way through, realized how much i hated it and haven't loaded up since.
>>
>>344651795
>Charged full price for the expansion (which came with the base game) regardless of whether or not you bought the base game
The base game is free since the expansion came out.
>>
I know a read somewhere they were bringing back the mursaat but i dread how badly they are going to fuck that up.
>>
>>344654817
And what about all the people who bought the game before it was free? How exactly is that fair to them?
>>
>>344655541
It's no different than people who bought a game before it went f2p, happens all the time.
The more you pay, the earlier you get to play, they also got some character slots.
>>
>>344655295
The entire raid is about the White Mantle and them trying to bring back Lazarus.
>>
Nothing to do, build creation is extremely poor and shallow.
>>
>>344655874
This isn't the same as F2P though. People who usually buy the base game before that happens get some sort of bonus or benefits, but nothing like that happened here. Being able to opt in for one or two beta weekends isn't worth shelling out full price for an expansion which didn't add nearly as much content as the base game.
>>
>>344656039
Hmm where have we heard that plot before oh ya the citadel of flames dungeon, or whatever it was called. The flame legion trying to bring back their leader back.
>>
>>344656039
>raising Lazarus from the dead
>Lazarus

I hate this meme
>>
>>344645990
Wow has now
>>
>>344656267
>People who usually buy the base game before that happens get some sort of bonus or benefits, but nothing like that happened here
But I just told you people got some bonuses. Free gemstore oufit and character slot. Plus people who bought the game the first year around release have a shitload more character slots than those who bought it way later.
>>
>>344656523
New wow expansion even has level-scaling in the new outdoor zones. And to some extent, repeatable events in the form of the Diablo3-ish world quest system.
>>
>>344656663
>Free gemstore oufit and character slot

That outfit sure was great value for buying the base game at full retail price and shelling out an extra 50 US dollars for five new members. And you didn't actually get a new character slot unless you bought the 100 dollar edition of HoT at launch.

>Plus people who bought the game the first year around release have a shitload more character slots

I started the game with five character slots. You're telling me that people got even less than that after the first year?

Look, the point I'm trying to make is that they should have offered a way for people who already bought the game to buy the expansion cheaper. That isn't an unreasonable thing to request, especially considering the profit they have made via microtransactions.
>>
I wish GW1 was still alive.
>>
>>344657053
>And you didn't actually get a new character slot unless you bought the 100 dollar edition of HoT at launch.
I got it and I bought the cheapest version of HoT, if you owned the base game and pre-ordered Hot, you got it too.

I agree with you, but I'm ok with shelling out a hundred bucks over 3 years for about 7k hours playtime.
>>
>>344657095
I loved GW1, but i felt that it kinda sudoku'ed itself dead.
>>
Is there even anything worth doing, end-game?

It feels like it's literally just grinding gold from meta events, only to get a stupidly overpriced "Legendary" which is essentially a skin with a minuscule amount of extra damage.

That seriously can't be the only thing, right? Pretty much 90% of HoT comes down to

>grind events for exp
>grind meta events for gold
>use that gold for pointless cosmetics

How did they fuck this up so badly?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.