[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where can I find some PS2 classics and decent prices based in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: PS2.jpg (72 KB, 1024x557) Image search: [Google]
PS2.jpg
72 KB, 1024x557
Where can I find some PS2 classics and decent prices based in the UK? Iv'e tried Amazon, CEX, Gamestop. Only place I haven't tried is Ebay but people know the true value of certain games on there.
>>
>>344640514
PSN.
>>
>>344641317
more of a collector type of thing, I'd prefer to have the PHYSICAL copy.
>>
>>344641557
>being a "collector"
Kill yourself, dude. FreeMCboot costs as much as a memory card. ESR patch your isos, and print off disc labels if you really want to play pretend that badly.
>>
>>344641739
sorry for having a hobby senpai
>>
>>344642224
Your "hobby" is giving a bunch of money to scalpers for no sane reason. You're scum, dude, and it's faggots like you enabling this bullshit that drove prices this high in the first place.
>>
>>344642520
If you love fmcb so much then why do you care about the prices
>>
>>344642520
I sold my old collection for food when I was unemployed and Iv'e been pretty down since the whole thing, but now I have a job im looking at getting it back. How does that make me scum?
>>
I think your best bet is to hunt around for retro gaming shops. There might be one tucked away in your local high street but with those it's always pot luck
>>
>>344642821
I imagine that would be a good option, problem is any 'game shop' will almost always check online to set their prices.
>>
>>344640514
>Where can I find some PS2 classics and decent prices
oh well there's a bunch of places, i usually just..
>based in the UK
kek, nowhere. Every game store i have been to in the UK always hikes up their prices for older games to scalper-tier levels.

Just come to america, there's like a million cd/games/dvd shops that sell 6th gen games for pennies. I can walk out of a store with 10 6th gen games (excluding GCN) for $20. then you can go to the thrift shops where they're practically giving them away.
>>
>>344643780
Fuck my country

Emulators it is, I'll just collect data instead
>>
>>344644130
Where abouts are you in the UK?
>>
>>344644130
just fmcb your ps2 and join the kewl kid klub.

It's honestly not hard, and it's still better than emulating IMO.
>>
>>344644187
The desolate wastelands of Wales closer the the England border
>>
>>344644371
you're probably fucked then
if you ever find yourself in Brum the rag market has a retro games stall that's pretty good
I also find CEX not too bad, although selection is pretty limited
also if you're looking for weebshit that isn't final fantasy, abandon hope
>>
>>344644273
just seems like too much work to burn the data to a disc and then play it, i'd rather just be lazy and just emulate and play it on my TV
>>
>>344644485
im only an hour and a bit drive from brum so I;ll probably check it out. Thanks bruh
>>
>>344644937
think there's also one in Erdington
have a look on google maps for game stores in brum, there's like 7 or so
>>
>>344644937
yea, try this place while you're there
http://gamesmartyardley.co.uk/
never been but it looks pretty good
>>
>>344644868
PS2 emulation is total dogshit and anyone who pretends it's even passable because they played Persona on it is a fucking moron.
>>
I know this issue anon. Just had to import a copy of armored core last raven from Italy because it's non existent here.
>>
File: PS2-Fat-Console-Back-Ntwrk.jpg (3 MB, 2613x3960) Image search: [Google]
PS2-Fat-Console-Back-Ntwrk.jpg
3 MB, 2613x3960
>>344644868
You know there's more than one way to softmod a PS2, right?
>>
just buy a modded ps2 and burn the games to a disc
dont worry the games are too old to be relevant for the internet police to care anyhow
>>
>>344640514
OP, this worked for me.

Pick a few common games and go around to every pawn shop/thrift store in the area, and compare what they're charging for each. I found one 20 minutes away that practically gives PS2 games away (most recently I got SotC for $5 there.)

It takes a bit of energy, but that's the thrill of the hunt, my man.
>>
>>344640514
Look on amazon i get first xbox games from there but just keep trying pawn shops or car boot sales
>>
>>344649253
>every pawn shop/thrift store in the area
>$5
you haven't been to the UK have you
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.