[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished the game. God, This was a deviantart Boss tier shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12
File: Asriel_Dreemur_Transformed.gif (143 KB, 305x350) Image search: [Google]
Asriel_Dreemur_Transformed.gif
143 KB, 305x350
Just finished the game.

God, This was a deviantart Boss tier shit.
>>
>>344622803
I agree with you but I'm pretty sure the edgy one liners and overblown attack names were intentional.
>>
> Child on a power trip

I think that was the idea.
>>
I loved the music, but holy fuck the execution was shit, there was so much wasted potential
>>
>>344622803
Literally the point.
>>
>>344623042
This. It was literally a kid who thought he had become god and was going full cold steel
>>
>>344622803
I really didn't like this fight. Asgore was an excellent final boss tonally, and omega flowey was an okay surprise. This dude came out of nowhere, and the game pushed the "feels" angle way too hard.
>>
The fight that just kept going without anything intense going on
>>
>>344623210
The game was good, but you cant defend this kind of shit by thinking "Its being awful on purpose".
>>
I enjoyed it. It's exactly what a dumb kid would come up with while imagining shit. Big lasers, dual swords, falling stars, wailing rock music, it was exactly what I'd hear kids make up when play fighting when I was younger. On top of that the music was good and the second form basically being a boss rush was cool.

It was piss easy, especially since you can't really die, but I think that was kinda the point. Besides, pacifist route is already super easy. The only big issue I had with it is that it gave you the ability to created healing items as one of your moves in the battle, which is completely pointless seeing as how you can't actually die. They should have made it either so you can actually get a gameover and you have to manage items/defending properly, or changed the ability to do something other than give you items.

Other than that though, I thought it was a great way to end the game.
>>
File: Kirisame.Marisa.full.69933.jpg (552 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Kirisame.Marisa.full.69933.jpg
552 KB, 1024x768
>>344622803
>rainbow-colored space shit is edgy
???
>>
>>344622803
Literally a child who thinks what's cool/intimidating is rainbows, yelling, and wearing his mom's dress.
>>
>>344623470
Considering the game did that 24/7 I don't see how that's unexpected. Everything to do with Toriel's coddling, Papyrus' constant pointless puzzles, Alphys' constant "assistance" and social media bullshit, and tons of other stuff were there not to be quality gameplay. They were made kinda bad thematically to highlight personalities and flaws the characters have. Similarly, the hilarious over the top shit that happened in Asriel's fight shows how much of a child he is and how his concept of a "final showdown" is basically what a kid would make up when playing pretend.
>>
>>344623470
Not him but if you disliked the boss because of the gameplay and challenge that's understandable, but if you've played Undertale you'll know all the RAINBOWS, GUITAR RIFFS and POWERLEVELS ate made to project what Asriel is like, a child that wants nothing more than to play games.
>>
>>344622803
Wait til you get to Genocide, that one is pure edginess.
>>
>>344623018
>>344623042
>>344623217
>>344623548
>>344623721
>>344623840
>>344623937
I mean, I'll believe it, but this kind of just sounds like fanon
>>
>>344622803

Yet you play JRPGs and don't complain about the corny shit in them.
>>
I found Asriel sad. He's just a kid trying to be super cool and awesome.
>>
>>344623840
I found the game enjoyable till it became a dating game (where you see the over the top flaws of the characters). God, that shit was cringy.
>>
>>344624525
Man, JRPG are fucking shit. The last one i enjoyed was Valkyria Chronicles, and it wasnt close to being a 8/10.
>>
>>344624525
It doesn't matter as much if the game doesn't completely suck.
>>
>>344623548
I thought the whole 0.00001 shit was pretty dank though.
>>
>>344624213
It probably should considering how childish the aesthetic actually is. It literally is a boss fight built around the idea of what a child would make up in their own imagined world. And children make up some dumb ass shit.

>>344624613
I'll admit, a couple of jokes in them got me. They did go on a bit too long though to the point where the gags they had repeated which wasn't very good.
>>
>>344624613
>where you see the over the top flaws of the characters

If anything, this is why I think Toby is a good writer. He didn't make a game full of lovable characters who all live in peace and harmony. He made a bunch of dumbasses and assholes who present their best looking side to people they like, and their worst to people they don't.
>>
>>344625021
its really not. After all, you already know most of the flaws the characters before the dates. Its just
extends the same fucking jokes.
>>
I feel like they just shit the bed with asriel as a whole. He's like never mentioned in the entire game until the end and then its just like. "Hey this guy exists!" Shame the boss fights in the other endings are great while this one is shit.
>>
File: pic.jpg (4 KB, 88x88) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
4 KB, 88x88
>tfw flowey could've been the games only good character if he didn't transform into asriel with little-no buildup

I was actually thinking Flowey was Asriel, it's just Flowey continuing to fuck with you even more until he got tired of your shenanigans and waited for you to btfo so he can continue his trolling
>>
Welp, the other thread was deleted
anyone have those images
>>
I'm gay and even I think this game is for faggots.
>>
>>344624525
/v/ is a weird play anon. They hate meme speak, but when a JRPG's character is nothing but memes, it's okay because it's a JRPG.
>inb4 /v/ is a hivemind.
I know this place isn't a hivemind, but it's kinda hard to deny that when /v/ rips Borderland's shit writing for having memes, but games like Nep, and the Capcom plus w/e crossover is chalk full of memes too, and yet they have no problems with it.
>>
>>344623018
Undertale is practically ironic shitposting the game.
>>
>>344625554
Did you just completely pass out at the end of the neutral run?
>>
>>344626282
The game was incredibly boring, so it's possible he just woke up when he kills Asgore.
>>
>>344626282
The neutral run doesnt even mention him (Just that he was a child that died because he was a pussie)
>>
>>344626427
a character doesn't have to be mentioned a lot for you to understand their part in a story and be interested in it

as you play through the game and interact with the monsters you are forming opinions on the game and its many residents, and their situation trapped down here, under the barrier, and then in true lab how you find out that chara planned to kill themselves so asriel could take the other 6 souls from the surface himself? i mean its not like they knew chara would have partial control until they tried it so, it's kind of neat you know? you get your adventure and your story and then you find out what happened before you even got there and get some questions answered.

maybe you just didn't get as much out of it and enjoy it like other people did.

also asriel is a cutey
>>
>>344622803
What was his fuckin problem?
>>
I want to be Asriel's paw slave
>>
>>344629174
damn man, that's, kind of creepy
>>
>>344629174
also i don't know what that means
>>
Would you recommend it for the pope?
>>
File: chicky.png (177 KB, 314x276) Image search: [Google]
chicky.png
177 KB, 314x276
>>344622803
Whaaat? This bitch is evil? I only did a neutral run (it would be a genocide run if it wasn't a few monsters at the beginning that I spared). I tried to do a pacifist run but it was fucking boring holy shit.
>>
>>344630983
Spoiler: That's not who you think it is.
>>
>>344623018
This, I caught the joke when he fucking laughed like a mentalist
Urahaha~ or something
>>
people are disappointingly stupid sometimes
>>
>>344631285
most times*
>>
File: Chara.(Undertale).full.1975244.jpg (577 KB, 763x637) Image search: [Google]
Chara.(Undertale).full.1975244.jpg
577 KB, 763x637
I have this kinda theory and wondered if people had the same idea.

Basically I theorized that frisk, is chara.

I thought it was weird for a dead body with no soul to just suddenly possess frisk.

Maybe the one doing the possessing is the player onto chara's body, because where frisk starts is directly on top of where chara was buried.

So the soul being controlled is actually your own that's keeping chara alive.

I know its pretty fucking far fetched, even when you don't consider how frisk simply develops their own identity by the end of pacifist route.

I just think chara is cute, and deserves more back-story.
>>
File: 1457919811271.gif (1 MB, 352x264) Image search: [Google]
1457919811271.gif
1 MB, 352x264
>>344624834
>mfw the heart refused
>>
>>344622803
>no ending where you backstab him at the last moment
If he's gonna full edge me, I wanna Nothing Personal, kid the fuck out of him
>>
>>344622803
Agreed.
Asgore is the only reason the game is okay.
>>
>>344622803
It's amazing how Neutral ending is the best one and the one that makes most sense despite the author clearly wanting it to be only a setup to the other two.
>>
>>344631801
What's so good about it?

The difference is that asgore is dead and the monsters are still trapped no matter what.

Good for humanity or what?
>>
File: 1447675025375.png (298 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1447675025375.png
298 KB, 960x720
>>344622803
That's the joke. Asriel is literally a dumb kid that suddenly got the power to make his overpowered deviantart OC a reality.
>>
>>344631550
Your soul does not contain "yourself" as evidenced by flowey, but an essential component of your humanity, for lack of a better word.
Chara's essence was still in those flowers, much like goatkid's essence was spread across the garden.
There's some handwaviness around how Chara could really possess someone despite physically being fertilizer, but it's the soundest theory.
It's most likely that the unexplained power inherent to the player (the person behind the keyboard) is probably behind a lot of things that don't make exact sense exclusively in-universe.
>>
>>344631716
>no ending where you backstab him at the last moment
Literally Genocide you dumbass.
>>
>>344624525
I don't know what you're talking about, this is absolutely splendid design, there's nothing corny about it at all.
>>
File: stupid town.jpg (8 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
stupid town.jpg
8 KB, 320x320
>game has incredibly glaring flaws
>"it's intentional"
>>
>>344625021

The really neat thing is in the Genocide run most of the characters overcome their flaws to try and stop you from destroying the world .
>>
File: 1447836326347.png (2 MB, 3000x1578) Image search: [Google]
1447836326347.png
2 MB, 3000x1578
>>344622803
pic related
>>
File: 1445997864168.png (387 KB, 596x1372) Image search: [Google]
1445997864168.png
387 KB, 596x1372
>>344625842
I've got plenty of images. Here, have one.
>>
>>344632079
It's good because it's the only one where the game decides to not turn into a fucking anime, and Omega Flowey makes the most sense to be the final boss more than the others
>>
>>344624525
>implying any JRPG final boss is some deviantart tier abomination
If anything, they're all pretty boring
>>
>>344632389
How is Asriel's ultimate form's design being ridiculous in any way, shape or form a "glaring" flaw?
>>
>>344632483
>implying he's talking about the design
>>
>>344632483
Everything about Asriel is ridiculous
>>
>>344632352
>only Sapph can wield this thing
>>
>>344631550
While I dont think that this specific theory is true, I do have a personal belief that the Chara you hear about in the True Lab and the Chara you see at the end of the Genocide Runs are two different beings entirely.

Not the kind of "similar different" like Flowey to Asriel, but different different. After all, if the being at the end of the game "chara" is the demon that comes when its name is called, and is also apparently the embodiment of "us" the player, along with the feelings of completing a game or fighting a good boss or whatever, that thing calls itself a demon.

However, in the past, there was a fallen child named Chara. We are not that person because we did not CONTROL that person, that person had a backstory that was outside of our personal control, ergo it was not us. The game goes to extreme lengths to explain fourth wall information, and because of that, I found the disconnect between Chara "The human" and Chara "The demon" are both separate entities. Separate, and also separate from us, "Chara" the player, made slightly more believable at the end, where we sell our souls to "Chara" who is supposed to be us, and whose soul is supposed to be that thing anyway. It's like us selling our souls to ourselves; and that doesn't seem right.

I think the basic chronology goes as follows.
Frisk falls down.
Chara's broken soul enters Frisk's soul.
We control both of them.
Based on our actions, either Frisk (But it refused) will awaken after a pacifism ending, or Chara (Where are the knives) will awaken during a Genocide Ending.
At the end of the Genocide Ending, the fully awoken Demon at the end of the game steals the soul that we stole.

Long story short; We are the bad guy, and there are 3 Charas.
>>
File: 1431813318950.jpg (178 KB, 815x446) Image search: [Google]
1431813318950.jpg
178 KB, 815x446
>>344632672
>>
>>344632546
Like hell he is
>>
>>344632719
I blame the Ultima Keyblade for this design's creation
>>
>>344632984
The X-Blade in general was the stupidest most overdesigned piece of dogshit weapon I've ever seen.

To think that I actually got USED to the concept of a giant overgrown KEY as a weapon from Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, then they went and pulled THAT shit with the X-Blade.

Birth by Sleep was a mistake. 90% of all the characters with the sole exception of Xehanort himself were mentally retarded and made every possible mistake, including Erequs himself. Aqua was an enabler, Terra was COMPLETELY retarded, and Ventus was a tool. Now we have 13 Xehanorts.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.