[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone like tactical shooters? I recently started playing SWAT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Swat4 2013-07-08 00-11-34-37.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Swat4 2013-07-08 00-11-34-37.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1200
Anyone like tactical shooters? I recently started playing SWAT 4 and love it. Planning on playing 3 along with the Rainbow Six series soon too.

For SWAT 4 someone made a new server browser since Gamespy's went down if anyone has been wanting to play the multiplayer some more.

Favorite tactical shooter? Are there any good ones coming out?

Also I've always wondered, why do some of the old ones (like SWAT 3) not have a gun model for your character? Is it just to free up screen space to see better?
>>
>>344619969
God, I miss SWAT, especially 4. Where can I get a copy nowadays?

I feel like I'm stuck with R6V2, Seige, or Doorkickers, and I dunno if any new ones are on the way...
>>
> love SWAT 4
> invite friends to play it with me
> they don't like cause it's slow and they often die by rushing in
tfw never enjoyed multiplayer, but I didn't like single-player much, so I just completed most missions single handedly.
If I download this game again and start a thread on /v/ would I gather a fine party of people who would like to play this?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Wu0hOSOyA

Video's over two years old, it's gotten a major art update. Dunno when it'll be released
>>
>>344621897
I downloaded the copy I have from Kickass I think. I just looked and there's a few torrents still on there.

And like I said, someone made a new server browser so you can still play the online if you want. I'm looking right now and it looks like there's only 6 people on at the moment but there's plenty of servers up. And someone could start one if people on here want to play at some point. The browser is on moddb.

There was a Kickstarter game I remember trying to ride off of SWAT's and other games' legacies but I think it got pretty bad reviews when it came out, which sucks.
>>
>>344621897
SWAT4 isn't available in digital stores due to copyright issues. SWAT3 is on GOG.
>>
>>344622104
Was laughing at the box people models but the gun effects actually look pretty cool with all the dust.
>>
>>344619969
>Favorite tactical shooter?
small scale - SWAT 4
large scale - Project Reality

> Are there any good ones coming out?
small scale - ???
large scale - Squad
>>
>>344622249
>>344622398
Thanks y'all, I searched it through Torrentz and found it.

https:// kat.cr/swat-4-gold-edition-proper-ancient-t6442536. html
https:// kat.cr/swat-4-full-game-t2318474 .html
>>
>>344622078
no but you would gather a bunch of autistic faggots who will gibber meme jokes and laugh uncomfortably, and at least one of them will be stalked by someone else in the group
>>
File: Rectoghostdef.jpg (150 KB, 1024x1303) Image search: [Google]
Rectoghostdef.jpg
150 KB, 1024x1303
>>344619969

>Goodbye
>>
Can the AI in SWAT 4 go and clear rooms by themselves? I don't think they can but I think it might be cool if someone makes a new similar game that you would be able to basically tell the AI to follow some patch and clear rooms along the way while you and the other team go a different way.

Not sure if SWAT teams ever do that though so maybe it's kind of against reality.

I also really like the whole viewport thing in 4 where you can see what the AI is seeing and the sniper stuff too.

>>344622529
Have you played SWAT 3? How does it compare to 4? I've watched a few videos and it seems about the same as 4 just a bit jankier because of being like 6 years older. Been trying to find what engine it's on (UE1 or what) but haven't been able to find anything.
>>
File: 8cdPM4N[1].jpg (233 KB, 637x423) Image search: [Google]
8cdPM4N[1].jpg
233 KB, 637x423
Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield my nigger.
Ghost Recon 1 is also acceptable.

SWAT4 a shit
>>
File: 1120598102851.jpg (945 KB, 1920x1392) Image search: [Google]
1120598102851.jpg
945 KB, 1920x1392
Siege bois WW@?
>>
>>344623657
I recall in R6 Black Thorn you could do just that. Plan out all of the pathways, weapons, actions, etc. And just sit back and watch.
>>
>>344619969

Do you play on Gameranger? It's got the most players
>>
File: 1467924255507.jpg (180 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1467924255507.jpg
180 KB, 1280x960
Just recently downloaded this game, any tips for a newby? also are there any other games like swat 4?
>>
Anyone managed to get SWAT 3 working on Windows 7? I'm getting a DDERR GENERIC error and nothing I've found has fixed it.
>>
>>344629869
Also, it does seem to be related to the video cutscenes as if I skip the intro it works. But the cutscenes during some missions then crash. I've tried replacing the videos with ones converted to Xvid but that didn't work. Apparently installing CCCP codec might work but I really don't want to go installing shit like that if there's another fix.

Thinking of just deleting them altogether though it might still try and load them which may cause a crash.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.