[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So after buying this game at release, I finally beat it. It was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
So after buying this game at release, I finally beat it. It was one of the most boring experiences of my life. I dropped it numerous times and picked up again afterwards because of how boring it is. This is worse than Dark Souls 2 in so many levels.

Most areas were shitty and unmemorable. I had a fun time with Lothric Wall/Castle and Archdragon Peak. The other areas were just plain Bloodborne areas with no color to it. I can barely remember how most of them looked, they had no distinct feel to it. Then there's all the rehashed content, the game has no identity of it's own, it's depressing. Most of the bosses were shitty too, only the last 4 or something were good fights.

Dark Souls 2 actually felt like a new thing, this was just a completely boring. Who here agrees?
>>
git gud
>>
Kind of agree. It's to the game is stale compared to the other games in the series, but it's not bad and I'm still enjoying it across multiple characters and playthroughs.

The colorlessness "like bloodborn" is because of the way lightning in these games work. I wish they'd go back to the way DeS handled lightning with a small light source on the player character. The torches in Souls III and Bloodborne are too strong and make dim areas look all red, while no torch means it's all a mesh of gray tones. It's super boring visually.
>>
>>344614950
DaS3 is definitely the best soulsborne game right under The Old Hunters
>>
If you think DaS2 is better than 3, you seriously need to kill yourself. You are being what /v/ is famous for, hating the newest thing.

Just stop. DaS2 doesn't even come close to the quality of DaS3's level design, enemy placement, art design, writing, boss and enemy design, soundtrack and weapon/armor coolness. Not to mention the combat is second only to Bloodborne in the series.
>>
File: 1461272540486.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1461272540486.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>progression
DaS1 > DaS2 = DeS > BB > DaS3

>gameplay
BB = DaS3 > DaS1 > DaS2 > DeS

>aesthetics
Archdragon Peak > BB = DeS > DaS1 > DaS2 = DaS3

>bosses
Burnt Ivory King > BB > DaS1 > DaS3 > DeS > DaS2
>>
>>344616483
It's just bloodborne, but medieval!
Thanks Miyazaki-san-senpai!

I gotta agree with OP. DS3 is defnitively the best in the series in terms of gameplay, but that's it. The only real memorable bosses for me were Vordt, The abyss watchers and that's it. I literally can't remember anything else. The lore is just "Yo, remember this?" and the level design is Cathedral, cathedral, cathedral, more cathedral,cathedral underground, cathedral.
The covenants are also shit. We have two covenants that do THE SAME THING, one covenant thats placed on a dead, transitory area that everybody blazes through with no reason to go back to it, the the usual multiplayer coop/invasion mechanics.
The bosses are way too easy.
Game is waay too short.
Magic is useless in pvp.
Also, the game is linear as FUCK. The only places where you can sidetrack are tiny, optional areas which are just "YO REMEMBER THIS FRM THE FIRST GAME?!" as is all the lore in the game.
Except for Archdragon peak, that was a breath of fresh air in an otherwise quite bland game.
Im just waiting for the DLC now, see if it resparks my interest for the game.
>>
>>344616483
over 2000hr across all souls games, Ds3 is the worst. No build variety, linear as fuck. Boring
>>
>>344617470
>buzzwords
>>
>>344616483
Not him but I found DaS3 boring. DaS2 was a far better game.
>>
>>344617602
>Can't say i am wrong
>>
>>344617709
Okay, you're wrong. It's not linear because there are paths that branch off completely different from what you're 'supposed' to do normally.

Build variety is there.
>>
>>344617937
Only cathedral of the deep or farron keep (and ID) branch from one point, otherwise its all straight ahead

LOL good one mate, play dex build or be gimped, do you even play ds3?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.