[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say that hypothetically, Inafune and his staff were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: MIGHTY_mainart0826_fix.png (799 KB, 1000x737) Image search: [Google]
MIGHTY_mainart0826_fix.png
799 KB, 1000x737
Let's say that hypothetically, Inafune and his staff were to take on board all the criticism of MN9, and for the sequel, actually address the criticisms of the first one, go through the route of a traditional publisher (So no franchising deals and 11 versions to sap away at the budget), and actually end up being good, say roughly at the levels of the better Mega Man games. How would you feel?
>>
"Neat". And then maybe try out the game and go on with my life.
>>
That would be cool, but kind of shame since most people would avoid it simply for being a sequel to a trainwreck.
>>
Comcept are literally just middlemen. They subcontract development studios and then match them with publishers and take a cut of the profit without any real work on their end.

Inti Creates are the people who developed the game and Deep Silver published it.
>>
It would be a strong step forward. It wouldn't fix the problems of MN9's first game on it's own but it would be the first step toward building a franchise. People would never back it but if it were actually out on it's own and good people would come around over time.
>>
>>344591838
they need to include all the backer content in the sequel as an apology and then maybe yes
>>
>>344591838
So you mean if Inafune 1:1 rehashed MM1 and MM2?
I'd question why it was so hard for him to make a good game in the first place but it might be worth checking out.
>>
>>344591838
>Sequel

Literally never happening.
Crowdfunded disaster is more than enough to endanger his career, let alone a fucking sequel.
>>
>>344591838
I wouldn't really care personally since I was never a big MM fan to begin with but I guess that would be a good thing.

What might actually interest me is if they made something that lived up to the promise of the original concept, though, which wasn't just going to be a straight MM clone. They originally had the idea that you could steal powers from ordinary enemies in the stage similar to Kirby.

There are all kinds of cool ways this could have been implemented. The way I imagined it was something like allowing you to pick a "loadout" of the permanent weapon upgrades you get from enemy robot masters. Say, one enemy power, and one utility power. Then as you go through the stage you can pick up powers from average enemies which you can use on their own, or which can combine with the powers you brought into the stage to do new things which would cost more energy. Levels could be reactive in all kinds of ways that would change how you could complete them or open up new routes depending on what abilities you brought in. It would make the game crazy replayable and speedrunners could have a field day with it. Sadly, I don't think comcept has anything close to the level of creativity that would be needed to successfully implement that kind of gameplay.

But if they did, that's the kind of new take that could actually get me interested.
>>
>>344595349
He has millions of Chinese publishers to burn his way through, anon, and he already said even if the sequel doesn't sell they'll make it anyway. Inafune has been cockblocked on his beloved "Good guy becomes a bad guy" plot twist for way too long by executives to let a silly thing like "no funding left" to get in his way.
>>
File: Inafune.jpg (50 KB, 1712x144) Image search: [Google]
Inafune.jpg
50 KB, 1712x144
>>344595349
He'll be fine, his Capcom CV will give him at least another few strikes.

Also don't forget that Microsoft and seedy Chinese publisher funded Red Ash and ReCore, respectively, after it had become publicly apparent that MN9 was going through some serious development problems. Plus Sony Japan Studio said they enjoyed collaborating with him and would be down for collaborating again for another Soul Sacrifice game sometime in the future, something which Inafune himself later echoed.
>>
>>344593549
I thought Inti were just code monkeys for MN9. I don't know what happened if they actually developed it, it would be their worst game by far.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.