[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game series went to shit after 4 right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
This game series went to shit after 4 right?
>>
>>344561157
4 is what started the decline for Resident Evil
>>
>>344561157
>>344561224
The series was always shit and the original two were easily the most shit ones, but nostalgia fags gonna nostalgia.
>>
>>344561421
>series was always shit
t.millennial
>>
>>344561224
3 is where it started with craftable ammo, completely removing the 'survival' from 'survival-horror'. 4 just went pure action and the next games carried on from there.
>>
>>344561421
To be fair, it was the only good game on PSX so the opinions are skewered.
>>
>>344561579
>It still holds up I...I...I swear!!
t. rose tinted glasses enthusiast.

>>344561763
MGS and the tomb raiders were miles better. Not to mention FF7 etc.
>>
>>344561593
3 had craftable ammo?
Weird, I don't remember this at all as being part of the game.

4 is the game where the original sin resides, it could still be goddamn terrifying when it wanted to but it was through and through an action game. A damn good one, yes, but an action game nevertheless. I can't in good conscience defend it seeing as it completely betrays the tone and genre of the series up until that point
>>
>>344562218
FF7 is outdated trash, there is a reason for them dropping turned based combat in the remaster.
The irony is fucking strong here, you call someone a nostalgia fag and here you are being the same.
>>
File: 1465846231015.jpg (63 KB, 300x361) Image search: [Google]
1465846231015.jpg
63 KB, 300x361
>>344562447
Yes, and that reason is appealing to the casual market who can't conceive the notion of having menus in their videogames. There IS a reason, that doesn't necessarily makes it a good one.

That said, this is a discussion better left to a different time, this is a Resident Evil thread.
>>
>>344563030
Oh just like how RE4 catered to the GoW/CoD market?
>>
>>344563740
I'm not that Anon.
I'm just a completely different Anon who's fed up with Square Enix's antics, and like I say here >>344562385 a game that betrays the tone and genre of a established franchise with an established fanbase for the sake of cashing in to a bigger market can not be in good conscience defended.
>>
File: view.jpg (10 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
view.jpg
10 KB, 320x180
I liked the Revelations games 2bh
Finally working on Real Survival REmake and God FUCKING DAMN THE ENEMIES REALLY CAN OPEN DOORS ON CHRIS'S CAMPAIGN

THIS IS WHY I ONLY PLAYED JILL FOR THE LONGEST GOD DAMN TIME

FUCK
>>
>>344561157

i hope RE7 will bring Survival back to the RE-series. More like the Alien games, where you aren't overpowered as fuck and have to hide etc.
>>
After 3.

RE6 is a standout terrible game though. Outrageously bad.
>>
>>344561157
>>344561224
>>344561421

Yes, anon, you're a unique snowflake with unique tastes by disliking something the majority likes. Have a fucking medal.
>>
>>344561224
The peak means a decline follows yes.
>>
>>344562447
FF7 is outdated trash, but then so is RE1 and 2. The point is that at the time RE1 and 2 were shit games, while FF7 was one best on the PS.
RE was bad then and it's bad now, nothing has changed.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.