[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1 months before release >Shitposters are getting so desperates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
File: no-mans-sky (1).png (477 KB, 790x419) Image search: [Google]
no-mans-sky (1).png
477 KB, 790x419
>1 months before release
>Shitposters are getting so desperates they now shitpost about the game daily for even less reasons
>All you want is a comfy space exploration game that's not plagued by all the usual MMO shit

Seriousl, this game set out to fill a niche and it does that almost perfectly as far as I can tell, that's pretty impressive.
>>
File: 1467659553807-v.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1467659553807-v.gif
3 MB, 359x202
Alright. We get it
>>
>>344555083
who are you trying to convince? or are you only justifying your hype and/or purchase
>>
>>344555083
Enjoy smacking trees for resources.
>>
>>344555083
Don't worry OP I'm excited aswell, looks comfy.
>>
>>344555083
What do you even do in this game?
>>
>fills out a niche
There are already billions of minecraft like games, except you can actually do things in those games
>>
>>344555910
How is it like Minecraft, besides the fact that the map is big?
>>
>>344555083
>shitposting about shitposters shitposting
>>
>>344556010
>Wander around gathering resources and avoid dying to random shit

Except, you can't build anything, there is no co-op.

Litterally their whole pitch so far has been
>LOOK AT ALL THESE WORDS MADE BY MATH
> ALL THE MATH
>YOU CAN NEVER RUN OUT OF CONTENT

They're worse then god damn Molynuex
>>
File: wow.gif (277 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
wow.gif
277 KB, 250x250
>>344556175
>Wander around gathering resources and avoid dying to random shit
That's all?
>>
>a comfy space exploration game that's not plagued by all the usual MMO shit

I played Spore.

You don't want that.

Enjoy getting bored after 2 hours without any good progression incentives or social interaction to keep you playing.
>>
>>344556285
Thats litterally all they've shown

You fly from planet to planet, harvesting nodes, and upgrading your ship to fly to the center of the galaxy

its pretty much spore's end game, but prettier, and without any of the remotely interesting aspects of colonizing planets.

The devs avoid every single question about actual gameplay, and just point to their world generator instead.
>>
>Shitposters are getting so desperates they now shitpost about the game daily for even less reasons
this happens with pretty much every popular game here
>>
>>344555881
minecraft without the crafting. basically a procedurally generated expanse of nothing
>>
File: 1466620559958.jpg (54 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1466620559958.jpg
54 KB, 540x720
>>344555083

Man I cant wait to pirate this game
>>
>>344555083
On the 1 in a million chance you're serious and not baiting, Space Engine.
>>
Honestly if this game has fan service for space lovers like me then I'll buy.

I want to see Pulsars, Binary Stars, Rogue Planets, Asteroid Belts, Stormy Planets and of course Supernovas.
>>
It's going to be space engine with survival elements. Procedural generation provides breadth, not depth. You'll do everything within the first couple of hours, then explore ad nauseum.
>>
>>344556448
>Thats litterally all they've shown
That's wrong though, you're either lying or dumb. I'll go with the option that imply you're intelligent and just call you a shitposter.
>>
>>344555083
>for even less reasons
ni there is a pretty consistent list of reasons like
>no campaign
>no multiplayer
>no missions
>no level design
>awful shallow combat
>repetitive randomly generated content with no level or scenario design
>crafting is core of gameplay and it serves no purpose because there is no goal besides "go straight"
>muh 6 billion Todd tier lies
>>
>>344556663
What about it? The planets on it are boring if you try to get on them, and they have no sense of scale because why would you ever walk on them, there's nothing to look at but space.
>>
>>344556285

Your ship is made up of parts.

There's a minecraft-style on-foot gameplay where you wack trees and rocks to make materials to build more parts.

Sometimes there's NPC bunkers or ships that get in your way and maybe have a better part? Blueprint? Not clear.

But it's missing the social element that makes Minecraft popular.

You then use the parts to fly farther to see new worlds and make better parts to see new worlds, etc. etc.
>>
>>344555083
Let me ask you this then.
When has a space exploration game ever worked out? When has one ever been released with all the content they hyped up, and regularly got updates to said content.

I'll wait.
>>
>>344556803
different anon came to say you're fucking lying. that's literally the entire game on a horrible procedurally generated map. Fuck off shill
>>
>>344557021
Space Engine
>>
>>344557004
which is meaningless because after seeing all the biome types there is no incentive to keep going since that's all there is to the game. I bet the average person will get closer to 6-8 hours out of this game
>>
>>344556803
>That's wrong though, you're either lying or dumb

No, he's right. That's literally all they've shown.

Please point us to the trailers or gameplay videos that show anything besides cinematic flying around or minecraft tree wacking.
>>
File: KOPIA12.jpg (9 KB, 136x166) Image search: [Google]
KOPIA12.jpg
9 KB, 136x166
>>344555881

You do alot!

You explore the planets and...and erm..scanning alien animals

and

OH but wait, theres not always peace on these colorful planets, you better watch out for hostiles, OH SHIT WATCH OUT that blue goat is charging at you!
>>
>>344557103
One example out of how many?

This is the exact reason why nobody cares anymore. It's gonna be starbound all over again.
>>
>>344557004
>There's a minecraft-style on-foot gameplay where you wack trees and rocks to make materials to build more parts.
You're grasping at straws. "Collecting material from the environment to upgrade your stuff" is nothing you, the similarity that NMS and Minecraft share in that regard is that both games are in first person and you use your tool to directly mine what you need, but the tool, why you need it and what you can do with it are pretty different.
>>
>>344555083
>>
File: ba0.jpg (35 KB, 301x343) Image search: [Google]
ba0.jpg
35 KB, 301x343
>>344555881

You can do ANYTHING you want!

I mean seriously ANYTHING

The game is not even out and it already won shit load of awards

Over 50 awards and nominations
The Game Awards Most Anticipated Game

Game Critics Awards
Best Original Game
Best Independent Game
Special Commendation for Innovation

IGN Game of Show E3 2014
IGN Best PlayStation 4 Game E3 2014
Polygon Editors' Choice Award
The Mirror Most Ambitious Game
Push Square Game of the show

And it went gold a few days back!
>>
>>344557550
>is nothing you
Woah I'm tired

>is nothing new
>>
File: 1467301690508.jpg (43 KB, 640x627) Image search: [Google]
1467301690508.jpg
43 KB, 640x627
>>344557550
Rust did it
Star Citizen is going to do it
Starbound did it

and guess what?
It's gonna be the same fucking thing with no man's sky.

>the similarity that NMS and Minecraft share in that regard is that...

The fact that you're backpedaling already makes me assume you've already been BTFO. It's a first person exploration thing with randomly generated elements. Just like minecraft, but with space involved.

It's the same shit.
>>
>>344557859
>The fact that you're backpedaling
How the fuck am I backpedalling

I asked what the similarities between Minecraft and NMS were. You/the other anon answered. I told him what I thought and saying it's like Minecraft because it does one thing like it is retarded and grasping at straws.
>>
File: 1468020977608.jpg (157 KB, 596x699) Image search: [Google]
1468020977608.jpg
157 KB, 596x699
>>344558218
Damage control that fast?
Hot damn.

You can stop now.
>>
File: smug wondy.png (414 KB, 388x554) Image search: [Google]
smug wondy.png
414 KB, 388x554
>>344558365
>I have no argument
>Better imply he's damage controlling and post a laughing japanese girl.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.