[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HEy /v/ I have a quick question I ordered the Gigabyte 1070
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: speccy.png (32 KB, 657x456) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
32 KB, 657x456
HEy /v/ I have a quick question

I ordered the Gigabyte 1070 earlier this month and it comes in this weekend, but I just realized that it's a big card and while it will still snugly fit into my case, I'm a little worried about how much it might sag with my mobo that;s nearly half the GPU's size.

Did I fuck up?
>>
>>344552274
have you saw mini itx with huge videocards?

The issue here is the psu, and the case.
>>
>>344554091
I have the fractal design core 3000 which the card should be able to fit in, if barely, and a 600w psu so I think so should be good.
>>
Mobo can stand it if the GPU just fits in, they are stronger that you might think.
>>
If you screw the card's bracket into the case securely, it won't put any strain on the PCI-E slot, or the motherboard.
>>
>>344554472
In ideal terms, the new card should use less power, but you never know.

Take this.
http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

It will let you calculate how much power you need. do it right, but i think you are ok, if jewvidya didnt lied about the power targets.

About the structural part, you can allways do a getto solution to that if you dont want to spend much, or find a "supergaming razrghsdfghus videocard colum with improved airflow" (a shit piece of plastic to hold the card)
>>
>>344552274
nah theres no problem. The worst it can happen is your mobo slot break or some shit like that
also >>344554091 check if your PSU can handle that GPU. if not you can get a new one for about 150 or less to do the job.
>>
File: file.png (192 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
file.png
192 KB, 1920x1040
>>344554997
>>344552274
Without too much details, the page recomend a 416W because the wattage will be 366.
I didnt add any fan to it.

So yea, you are more than ok, but also, what brand is tha psu, not shilling or anything, but some shitty power suplies lie about the constant output, some have certificates about doing what is told in the box.

If its a good brand, you are more than ok, and you should worry to put all screws, and do some stupid tests to see if the card actually bends, wich i think they not, because of the backplate, and the card it self.
Its a reference or a custom one?
>>
>>344554997
>>344555335
>>344555535
Yeah thats close to what I got too, just have three 120mm fans that came with the case around it so that lowered it to 403w but still same area.

Thanks for that site, hand't seen it before.
>>
>>344552274
>msi z97 pc mate
I have that same one op, its the light blue one right

I have a massive 4lb 290x that takes up 3 slots and its fine, believe it or not, mobos are pretty sturdy
>>
File: file.png (207 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
file.png
207 KB, 1920x1040
>>344555894
Here it is, with 3 120mm fans, the card on boost clocks, and the cpu OCd to 4.2ghz.
You still have room for it.
>>
>running my 1070 on a 500w psu
i like to live dangerously
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.