[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For those that didn't see, Yacht Club Games (the Shovel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: H2yAveL.jpg (532 KB, 2631x1332) Image search: [Google]
H2yAveL.jpg
532 KB, 2631x1332
For those that didn't see, Yacht Club Games (the Shovel Knight team) put up a poll of what kind of game people would be interested in them working on next

They just recently put out their results of the poll

RIP Landstalker
>>
>All that dislike for a co-op platformer

Man I'd really wanna play something like that
>>
One bump for if anyone ends up finding this interesting
>>
i thought the concept of shovel knight is it was supposed to be like megaman
>>
>>344543009
I guess they're just referring to another Shovel Knight then only instead of a melee weapon you'd be using a gun of some kind.

It'd be hilarious to have YCG make a better MegaMan successor than MN9 on a fraction of the budget
>>
>no one wanted a Spelunky-like
>no one wanted an isometric game like Landstalker

That's depressing.
>>
>>344543009

Shovel Knight is more like a combination of many different NES era games into its own thing

It has some Duck Tales, Castlevania 3, Super Mario Bros 3 and Megaman to make it what it is
>>
>>344541906
OH GOD PLEASE DONT DO SHOVEL KNIGHT 2

A ZELDA OR METROID (pls)
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
>>
>>344541906
It'd be cool if Nintendo bought YCG and WayForward and just merged them

but I don't think they really care about Western devs
>>
>>344543541

You know Yacht Club was started by people who left WayForward to make their own studio, right?

That would be terrible
>>
>>344543709
Yeah I think they only left WayForward because WF is constantly making shitty shovelware/movie licensed games to fund their passion projects

Under a big name publisher though, they wouldn't need to do that anymore
>>
>>344543434
>DONT DO ANYTHING

bruh
>>
>>344541906
Am I the only ne who's kinda fedup with metroidvanias? A Contra sounds nice, miss run'n guns
>>
>>344543189
>no Spelunky
The market is currently stuffed to bursting with rogue-lite offerings though, and there's no shortage of platformers in that group either. Why vote for a game type with recent releases that you can find under every rock?
>>
Seriously though a well done top-down Zelda-like game would be fucking awesome
>>
File: Shovel Knight Specter.gif (1 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Shovel Knight Specter.gif
1 MB, 400x240
Who pumped for Specter Knight here
>>
File: Ah fuck.png (411 KB, 495x492) Image search: [Google]
Ah fuck.png
411 KB, 495x492
Shovel Knight X Freedom Planet When?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.