[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mathematically speaking, how many video games do I have to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Mathematically speaking, how many video games do I have to play to be considered a "veteran gamer"?
>>
>>344529013
>>
>>344529013
I wouln't say it comes by quantity but on play time and generes, check your vaourite generes, check current and "clasic" games from those generes, and don't worry about "veterany" just have fun, this is what games are for
>>
File: 1460351118170.jpg (105 KB, 452x818) Image search: [Google]
1460351118170.jpg
105 KB, 452x818
>>344529013
I'm pretty sure there is no such number, anon.
>>
However long it takes you to understand the insides of a game by simply playing it.
>>
It's not quantity or quality.

Do you, yourself, go looking for games that you might be interested in regardless of what reviewers or memesters on the internet might say?

Are you capable of making up your own mind about something and acting on it?

If you are, only then do you have the right to identify.
>>
>>344529013
All of them
>>
>gamer
>>
>>344529140
this, but there's something to be said for just playing a ton of shit, including a ton of bad shit. I did that when I was a kid because I was a kid, if you're just getting into the hobby as an adult I'm not sure how you go about that, maybe buy random crap on a Steam sale?

The point is, you need to understand what a bad game actually is, so that you don't fall for the trap of "if this isn't in the top 10 best games I've ever played it's shit". Games can just be average, or slightly below average, or a mixture of weak and strong parts.

For example, if Bioshock Infinite, Dark Souls 2, Undertale, Dragon Age Inquisition, or Super Mario 3D World are "the worst game I've ever played", that simply means you haven't played nearly enough and have no context to be saying anything.
>>
>>344529165
It sure is a number n such that 10000 > n > 1
>>
File: 1404324939321.jpg (102 KB, 518x465) Image search: [Google]
1404324939321.jpg
102 KB, 518x465
>>344529438
>>344529140
Get a load of these reasonable and well spoken individuals
Faggots
>>
>>344529013
Veteran as in an expert of the field? I'd say that the must plays are like 100, plus the obscure gems and other classics would be around 200-300. If you didn't start gaming at 5 and just starting, then you would probably take 5 years or less asuuming youu play 1 game per week.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.