[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>doing some quickplays >see egoraptor has joined voice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12
File: ScreenShot_16-07-10_01-06-14-000.jpg (375 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_16-07-10_01-06-14-000.jpg
375 KB, 1920x1080
>doing some quickplays
>see egoraptor has joined voice channel
>mortemer has joined voice channel
>start flinging insults hoping to trigger faggots pretending to be famous youtubers
>check game grumps channel later out of curiosity
>all have the same usernames and levels
>tfw you realize you're playing overwatch with the game grumps
they were all shit and we lost, mostly because mortemer was an absolute dogshit mercy player
bet that probably won't get in the video
>>
>Overwatch eceleb thread
I guess it was bound to happen
>>
>>344522062
>not 4 golds as soldier

no anon, you're the shit one.
>>
>that guy who just had to play hanzo
Fuck these people so much. They all need to be rounded up and gassed.

Hanzo is fucking useless
>>
>>344522158
I expected to have my comrades backing me up
I was wrong
I rarely play 76 and just wanted to try playing him for a bit
>>
>>344522158
The guy had gold for objective time, at 3 seconds

I think its safe to say he was the best player
>>
File: get a load of this guy.jpg (46 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy.jpg
46 KB, 776x602
Wow, good on you, I'm so proud.
>>
>>344522254
Literally the best character. If you're teams doing shit you really should have 4 golds, he isn't dependant on others.

he's not even my main because I always end up forgetting to burst fire.
>>
File: reaperflowers.png (167 KB, 640x527) Image search: [Google]
reaperflowers.png
167 KB, 640x527
I've played against them a few weeks ago. It was King's Row. We were defense and they were attack. I kept killing Razadoop or whoever was the Mercy over and over again. We won. Pretty sure they won't post it up, but if they ever do I am the dude named ShotgunJesus.
>>
File: 9809.jpg (23 KB, 462x406) Image search: [Google]
9809.jpg
23 KB, 462x406
>>344522158
>Change sensitivity
>Trying to get used to it
>Can't get non-stop headshots like before
>tfw I have my first comp match as 76 with no gold medals

>>344522306
Objective time doesn't mean dick on defense unless I'm missing something.
>>
File: seriously dva.png (403 KB, 551x529) Image search: [Google]
seriously dva.png
403 KB, 551x529
>>344522062
>elapsed time: 4:08
>gold with 3 seconds on objective
why do these people make videos if they're so shit at games
>>
Barry, aka Razzadoop is actually pretty good. I got into two games with him so far just randomly and he's been a joy to play with.

I prefer old grumps vs new grumps but barry is consistent and when he's given creative freedom he's a great content producer.
>>
File: 1444235498519.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1444235498519.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>344522510
>objective time doesn't mean dick on defense
Yeah, you're missing something
a fucking brain
>>
Who? Who cares about these people?
>>
>>344522512
Because in Fake Online Friend industry it's about the person acting rather than what's going on in the game.
>>
>>344522510
It means time defending the point you fucking idiot
>>
>>344522510
Objective time is the only real measure of skill, regardless what gamemode or side you are playing.

The game is objective-based for a reason
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
File: dodger pantielines.jpg (78 KB, 607x634) Image search: [Google]
dodger pantielines.jpg
78 KB, 607x634
>>344522062
I played with Dodger once during the Soldier 76 brawl
She kept spewing the Dad 76 meme

I killed her a few times too.
>>
>>344522062
>you are making me sad bro
kek my sides
>>
>>344522254
If your team sucks you should get 4 golds as s76 easily.

Sounds like you just suck.
>>
>>344522510
>Objective time doesn't mean dick on defense unless I'm missing something.
Are you fucking retarded? Objective time is the most important thing.
It makes you fucking win.
>>
>typing in overwatch
Why? Unless you are dead, you should NEVER be typing. You need to be killing/defending or whatever.
>>
File: ciiZONT[1].gif (1 MB, 200x420) Image search: [Google]
ciiZONT[1].gif
1 MB, 200x420
>>344522740
>wide hips
>small tits
>shortstack

She's almost like a real life imp-Midna.
My dick is out of control.
>>
>>344522062
Try being matched against Surfeour or Taimou when solo queuing ranked and see how much fun you have then.

>Queue for ranked late at night
>get Ster on my team
>Yay now I get to stomp the nemy team
>He plays like shit and apologises in team chat
>We lose

JUST
>>
>tfw you've only played with inferior jacksepticeye.
>>
File: zarya.png (71 KB, 1146x623) Image search: [Google]
zarya.png
71 KB, 1146x623
>start playing nothing but zarya
>play comp
>hit 62 in comp
>77% win rate
>people still say she isn't broken

idk senpai.
>>
>>344523071
Didn't he derank 4 times a few days ago? Just pray they're in the mood to carry you and aren't tilted/dicking around.
>>
>>344523106
How do I get good with her?
>>
>>344522690
Win rate is the only real measure of skill.

I like to think I have a decent junkrat, but my winrate with him jumps around the low 50's/high 40's, so I know I need to put a lot of work into him. Conversely, my Tracer and Symmetra sit at 60+% win rates over a lot of play, so I can confidently say I'm good with those characters.
>>
>>344522690
>>344522598
Soldier 76 isn't meant to stay on the ground level on the point fighting people up close, that's the tank and other close range fragger's job.
Soldier 76 is supposed to stay on high ground medium range dealing damage.

The one that should have always gold objective time is the tank or tanks, or if there is one a Lucio. Soldier 76, Tracer, Genji, Hanzo, Widow and Pharah shouldn't have gold objective time, if they do, the team is shit.
>>
>>344522690
>I sat on the point
Nah, you're shit and don't understand positioning. Don't discuss the game until you break rank 65 at least
>>
>>344523247
Winrate is an okay measure of a group's skill if you have friends you play with.

With single people, winrate is 100% luck and doesn't reflect on the person at all.
>>
File: 1463358598523.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1463358598523.gif
410 KB, 221x196
>>344523071
>Be rank 67
>Try to play ranked at late night
>Is a clusterfuck of ranks in each team
Neve again. Im still rank 67 but I prefer to slow increase that have a nigh of losses.
>>
>>344523162
I played with him when he deranked, yes.
I'm only a miserable rank 65 right now, so I'm not that good, but I'm getting streamers and pros often, I've played vs Surfeour on his main and smurf like four times already.

>>344523106
tfw 70% winrate zarya main on ranked
Feels good man.

>>344523241
Game sense, you need amazing game awareness to know when to shield and who, use self shield to poke the enemy and peak, time your ult with your team mates so you can wipe the enemy team.
Get good at tracking with LMB, she deals massive damage when it's charged.

There really isn't much of a secret to Zarya other than good game sense.
>>
>>344523241
Lob her nades like junkrat into choke points, be aware that you can't shield your team mates while you're reloading (have to wait for animation to finish, i've seen a lot of people who let their team mates die due to this), don't pop a shield when going itno bullets you have rechargable hp so take damage then pop it as a means of escape (and only soak up damage if youre holding a point and can risk it). Lower mouse sensitivity for her ingame to left click people to death, high sense flicks dont help with her ability (this way you can eat genjis/pharas).
>>
>>344523372
Yea shes great. Don't know why my stats on that site arent updating, i just went 56 kills last comp match.
>>
>>344523016
>>344522740
She may be an unfunny cunt, but still.

HNNNNGG
>>
>>344522598
>>344522675
>>344522690
>>344522869
You realize you can defend the fucking checkpoint without being on their payload, right? You realize that a character like Pharah shouldn't be sitting on the enemy's payload unless she absolutely needs to fucking contest it, right?

Unless I'm missing something with how it's calculated then objective time doesn't mean much on defense because it doesn't necessarily equate to how well you're keeping them off it (or keeping your team in the fight to keep them off it). Objective time matters on attacking because it means you're always making progress and pushing the payload. Defense teams can have low objective timers across the board even if they're stomping or, rather, because they're stomping.

The class played also factors into objective time. A Soldier should always have more objective time than Pharah because it's a lot easier for him to dance around the point and contest while Pharah's entire skillset and weapon is counterproductive for that.
>>
ive played with/against itsmeJP, steel_tv, c9 and internet hulk, fRod, fl0m, and a few others so far
>>
>>344523675
IF YOU AREN'T ON THE PAYLOAD YOU CAN NOT MOVE IT FUCKER.

You should be on it as much as possible.
>>
>>344523252
To be fair, soldier has a lot of flexibility in how he can be played and how he can move around, so it's not entirely fair to say that's how a soldier SHOULD play. You're even rewarded for short leashing by having an aoe heal, and if you do go down you're the fastest back to the battlefield.

>>344523354
Not really, it's difficult to carry in this game but if you think that over dozens of hours, the common deciding factor in how many games I win on specific characters or even just in general is luck, that's very cynical.

90% of the time I play in either a 2 or 3-man, and that's normally enough to win games purely because he have at least half a competent team. My win rate still fluctuates between characters, and gives me a reasonably objective way of knowing what characters I'm good with.
>>
>>344523903
>tfw i'm a youtube animator
>tfw people ask if it's really me or say i'm a fake
feels humbling people remember my name honestly.
>>
>>344523915
You fucking retard, it's the tank's job to be on the payload, not Pharah's.

If your team composition is for example: Pharah, Lucio, Mercy, Reinhardt, Reaper and Soldier 76, it's Lucio, Reinhardt and Reaper's job to stay on the payload, with Reaper leaving it to go flank the enemy, Pharah staying above and Soldier staying on high ground shooting people.

It's not the fragger's job to move the payload, and that's why I know you'll never be above rank 60.
You're one of those retards that picks a long range hero then walks into the payload/objective area, gets blown up and cries about op heroes or bad team mates, I'm sure.

>>344523917
I'm not saying soldier should never be contesting or on the payload, but Soldier's job is to have good positioning to deal with the enemy, which involves high ground mid range. If you have to contest you can do so by sprinting and using your heal, but you're not playing Soldier right if you're not staying on high ground fighting people off.

If you watch the comp matches and take a look at what a Soldier does, you'll realize what his real purpose is. Now, he is good on ground level, but he's not on his ideal position, and if you're out of position you're more likely to die or not dish out enough damage. Again, if your team is dying and you have to contest you can do it, but chances are you're going to die from it.
>>
>>344524153
Problem is, you're thinking about roles too rigidly. Half the point of Soldier is that he's the most flexible of the dps characters, he's good at pretty much any range and in any role. In an ideal world you'd stay on high ground just within the range where you're not getting aggressive falloff, or always sit behind Reinhardt's shield, but really you should have the game sense to know when that's not what you should be doing, and move.
>>
>>344524682
How does any of that contradict what I said? The whole point of me talking about positioning is that positioning is something dynamic that requires game sense and player input, you can't stay on the same spot all game because that's just not going to work, but Soldier's ideal position is on the high ground.

This is like saying Pharah can fly but she shouldn't fly when there's a torbjorn turret.
It's so obvious it shouldn't even be mentioned.
>>
>>344524141

lurk more before posting, faggot
>>
>>344523915
I bet you're one of those guys that yells "GUYS GET ON THE POINT" in games as if that does anything to help the team.
>>
>>344524926
I bet you are one of those fags who just trying to get a positive kd and thinking being Genji is being helpful to the team.
>>
>>344525191
I understand your frustration as you have to play with rank 40 Genjis, but Genji is an amazing hero that can carry games and win games when played right.

And k/d is indicative of how good you are, if you're dying all the time you're not helping your team.
You actually get more done by being alive and killing people and doing stuff than walking onto the objective and dying mindlessly, but I wouldn't expect a low rank shitter to understand that.
>>
How about you faggots actually get on or near the objective? Yourself included, OP. No, I don't give a shit how supposedly good your soldier is. Pick a tank and push into the objective to get them off the damn thing.

I don't care if you're gold for objective time, you shouldn't have just three fucking seconds when they're already two and a half checkpoints in.
>>
>>344525615
I main Genji, and he should never be standing on the objective. He should be running around getting kills, and that's what I do.
>>
File: 16.jpg (53 KB, 330x465) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
53 KB, 330x465
>>344525795
>I main Genji
>>
>>344526385
Genji is so bossf you know how to ude him. Hanzo on the other hand is a waste of pick
>>
>>344522062
dude, how is arin 72?
i thought he did grumps and vids and work and shit!
>>
>>344527341
>make a backlog playing videogames
>go home and play videogames

That is truly hell.
>>
>>344527559
i want that life, i want to play my backlog and make money

FUCK
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.