[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else worried about oversaturation? You remember how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: images.png (2 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2 KB, 225x225
Is anyone else worried about oversaturation? You remember how zombie games were popping out left and right?
2017 looks like it will be aiming to do the same with medieval combat.
Bannerlord, For Honor, Kingdom Come Deliverance, quite a few unity MMO's.
All slated for Q1 2017.
What to make of this?
>>
>>344519706
Same thing as always. Some genre starts to sell well, so vultures try to capitalize on it as hard as they can until they burn it to the ground. I only care about Zelda anyway, so just ignore the rest.
>>
>>344519865
I can understand people hopping on the band wagon but some of these games have been in the making... For Honor 10 years, bannerlord 5, some of the others around that long judging from the size of Devs.
So I don't think that's the case here.
>>
>>344520116
Ok, maybe those 2 aren't part of the bandwagonning, but the rest are. Mainly because of Skyrim and the Witcher's successes.
>>
>>344520307
Fair enough I suppose.
>>
>>344519706
Medieval settings have always been popular.
>>
>>344520524
To this extent in such close proximity to each other?
I can't see it being good for any of the companies, other than mount and blade simply because cult following.
I just feel like I'm seeing a trainwreck in the making here.
>>
>>344519706
I would welcome medieval combat games becoming a trend.
As long as they actually have good combat.
Mordhau will hopefully be good.
>>
>>344521062
Thought they failed their kickstarter ? Or did they even get that up? I forget.
>>
Who /hype/ for Kingdom come here?
>>
>>344520307
kingdom come seems to be way too much of a passion project to be bandwagoning, and the direction is entirely different from skyrims,
>>
I don't think Medieval fighting games have as much of a pop-culture drive behind them as zombie games and the likes do.

Bannerlord & KCD are not exactly for mainstream audiences in any way. For Honor might become popular just because of the AAA studio behind it.
>>
>>344521560
me.
>>
>>344519706
I don't know anon, GOAT Bannerlord, KDC, For Honor all seem to be great games.

If we are getting some really medieval combat games because of this trend, count me in.
>>
>>344522105
*really good
>>
>>344519706
I'm really only interested in FH & Bannerlord.
I have maybe 3 servers in Warband below 150ping with 5 people playing siege of TDM but I'm stoked for single player.
FH is pretty fun from what I played in 2015 so I'll have a multiplayer game as well.
I have KCD 's beta and it's alright but I doubt it will come out that soon in all honesty.
I looked at some others and wasn't impressed; Gloria victis , trials of ascension, mordhau to name a few.
>>
>>344519706

Gaming goes through these phases and seems to take its cues as an industry from film and television. They make games according to what's popular on tv now.
>>
>>344524208
See
>>344520116
>>
>>344519706
KCD isn't coming until Q4 2017 at the earliest
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.