[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to replay FF7 >remember all the awful minigames
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
>want to replay FF7
>remember all the awful minigames

Never mind.
>>
I'm replaying it right now, just got to Corel prison and for me it's the worst part of the game. Once you get that over with it's smooth sailing and fun.
>>
Ah,, yes Final Fantasy VII, the game about saving the Earth from the grand ruin of all Shin-Ra. The lifestream, geostigma, and of course, stupid fucking Sephiroth.

What a load of horse manure, I mean really check out this hnorses ass, a shit game for shit fans.
>>
>>344509702
>geostigma
The what
>>
>>344509928
He clearly never played it and only knows what he's read on the internet

He's a dork, ignore him
>>
I got to the sandy beach town and everything since Midgar has been boring trite. Does it get better
>>
File: 1439688627384.jpg (57 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1439688627384.jpg
57 KB, 500x501
>>344509553
>when those monkey criminals steal something valuable and then just disappear like the faggot nigger cowards they are
>>
>>344509270
>awful minigames
Minigames are some of the funnest parts of FF. It breaks up the gameplay in interesting ways. It's the one thing I'm worried about with XV. Hopefully it isn't just fetch quests and hunts.
>>
>click beta
>win
>>
File: 1407287165633.png (251 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1407287165633.png
251 KB, 1024x576
>>344509270
>Snowboarding
>Motorbike chase
>CPR
>Marching
>Defending that tower with the bird on it
>Chocobo racing
Now I wanna play it again, thanks OP.
>>
>>344510861
what the fuck are you talking about

>>344510796
My friend and I used to spend hours trying to beat one another's times in the snowboarding minigame. Probably the most fun I had in the whole thing
>>
>>344511248
Think he means the enemy skill, you can get it really early from the Zolom if know what you're doing
>>
>>344510684

Yes (although one of the worse parts is coming up before that), but if you don't enjoy Costa Del Sol even a little as a breather, well it looks grim, because while it gets heavy again, it still will have its downtimes instead of being a non-stop rollercoaster like Midgar.
>>
File: 1401333039221.jpg (34 KB, 496x384) Image search: [Google]
1401333039221.jpg
34 KB, 496x384
>>344511203
Each example more horrible than the last.

Why do you like pain, anon? You know there's content outside the golden saucer, right?
>>
>>344511203
>send that guy a bomb or something
GOD DAMN IT
>>
>>344509553
I always tend to dread Corel Prison and the Cave of the Gi. Nibelheim and Temple of the Ancients is 50/50
>>
>>344511948
Nibelheim's all right, but I really like the temple. It's such a different tone from everything that's come before. It's so mysterious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2YJpKUARA4
>>
>>344512078
I didn't mean to imply that the latter two areas are dreadful, but rather I sometimes feel drained while doing them or after I complete them.
>>
File: sonic name.png (192 KB, 493x631) Image search: [Google]
sonic name.png
192 KB, 493x631
>that one bullshit marching mini game years ago on pc numpad

The rage that day. Is that shit any better with a controller?
>>
>>344512338
There's lots of dialog in them and the maze in the temple can be a bitch if you don't know the way I suppose
>>
>>344510684
It's kind of boring until you get to Cosmo Canyon. After that it starts delving more into the lore and plot.
>>
>that whole temple of the ancients area

The only part of FF7 I can't stand. I hate the music in that place, and I hate that fucking maze like area.

What an awful fucking part of FF7. Even the boss of that place is a boring, underwhelming let down. It's a fucking wall.

Such a shitty part goddamn.
>>
>>344511748
They were all fun. I wish later FF games kept minigames going in more significant ways.
>>
>>344512359
Gold the Eggman

I fucking love it
>>
>that backtracking and tedium involved with chocobos in ff7

What a fucking disaster that was.
>>
>>344512650
That part of the game was fun, it was just annoying having no idea how to get there
>>
>>344512864
uh you mean the totally optional sidequest?
>>
>>344512359
Not really. Anyway you need to actually spam the rifle lifting button instead of being in rhythm with the other soldiers to get higher points, I don't understand why.
>>
>>344513082

Being optional doesn't completely forgive how tedious that shit was though.
>>
>>344510796
XV has a few minigames like pinball and fishing.
>>
>>344512650
You also had very little wiggle room after fighting the Red Dragon. I don't recall there being a save in between the two fights so if Doom Wall wrecked you, you'd have to do both again.
>>
>>344513337
It totally does when you can just like, not do it

People like you are why everything's all fucking railroaded and hand-holdy now
>>
>>344513078

I dunno how you can call any of the temple fun honestly. That part is so fucking bad imo.

It is the only part of FF7 that feels off and strange to me, like it was an after thought.

That part and I guess that little puzzle area forest near the end of the game by Cosmo Canyon, forget what it's called. Lotta traps and shit you gotta do with some little frogs. That part is so strange and out of place to me for some reason.
>>
Speaking of the Temple of the Ancients, do you think they'll edit that fortune telling scene? It might be more interesting if the fortune read is based on the character you have the most romance points for.
>>
>>344513804
Wow. I found the non-linear maze fun. I didn't mind it.
>>
>>344514010

Have you played ff7 all the way through like 6 or 7 times?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.