[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to hate this game with a passion. I never got used to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Bild4.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bild4.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
I used to hate this game with a passion. I never got used to the 3-day mechanic and it turned me off the day I put my hands on N64 version.

Over a decade later, I gave it a second chance.

I wish I could experience it for the first time again. Man, that Anju & Kafei quest. I guess that was the first (and probably only) time I cried like a bitch because of a fucking videogame.
>>
File: wnvc5DS.png (464 KB, 1324x992) Image search: [Google]
wnvc5DS.png
464 KB, 1324x992
>Being too casual for the 64 version
>>
>>344502930
I don't understand how anyone gets turned off by the three day time system.
>>
>>344504538

You'd be surprised at how many people are pressured by time limits in any capacity, especially in an age where open world games are all the rage and player freedom is championed.
>>
>>344502930
fucking scrub
>>
>>344504495
>>344504538
Try to be 11 and suck at video games. You'll certainly understand.
>>
>>344504538
Not him but I had to start the beginning over three fucking times because I was interrupted twice before I could save.

I still stuck it out obviously
>>
>>344504665
I find that silly. It's not a real time limit, it's absurdly generous and it's mostly about letting you explore through time, and I think any understanding of the system will lead someone to that conclusion.

Nobody gets scared away from Super Mario Bros. because it has time limits on levels, but the more generous framing of Majora's Mask is a sticking point for all kinds of casuals.
>>
>>344505070
Git gud. No one in the privacy of your own home could hold it against you. You're just lazy or fucking poor.
>>
>>344505070
I beat Majora's Mask when I was 8. Took me fucking forever though. I can't imagine how many hours went into my first playthrough.
>>
>>344505226
Fuck you.
>>
>>344505070
I was younger than you were.
>>
File: 1453556288100.png (184 KB, 303x271) Image search: [Google]
1453556288100.png
184 KB, 303x271
>>344505070
I was 9 when it came out. Played it, enjoyed it even got the FD mask(not a hard feat, but for a 9 year old it was something). You just need to stop being terrible.
>>
File: 1466313905443.png (644 KB, 1307x887) Image search: [Google]
1466313905443.png
644 KB, 1307x887
>>344505226
>>344505496

>just train your past self, anon
>>
>>344505761
Some reasons why I love this board

Fucking cunts can't even face the fact you must be over 18 to post here
>>
>>344505761
I wonder if being that retard is somewhat contagious
>>
>muh pressure

you faggots are pathetic. The three day cycle was one of the best things in the series for multiple reasons

>allowed the devs to make a vibrant, breathing, city
>made the quests amazing
>the pressure fit the atmosphere of not just this game, but games of the same ilk in general, perfectly. You are saving the world, time is not unlimited and finally it felt like there was urgency
>added challenge (though not too much)

Nothing beat having a boss final in the final hours of day 3 and constantly doing the mental calculus of whether it was worth it to try and beat them or hedge your bets and go back.

Also, day 2 is comfiest day. The theme in clocktown, the rainy weather, best day for sure
>>
>>344505153
>>344504538

>>344504665 is entirely correct. The difference between something like SMB and MM isn't necessarily that the time limit is any different, but how the time limit is presented and the scope of the game/objective itself.

In SMB, the fail state is clear, the time limit is through the god damn roof, and all the progress you could 'lose' is an hour or two of time.

In MM, the scope of the game is clearly an 'adventure' with quests and many things to do beside getting to the end of the level. Three days passes by pretty quick, and it is legitimately anxiety inducing for some individuals.

I'm not privy to every detail in the game, let alone how to even beat it, as the timer was the reason I've stopped, before the cycle even concluded once, several times.
>>
>>344509893
That's the thing though, it's not a real time limit because you can reset it at will. It's extremely long and the chance that it'll actually be a limiting factor in anything you do is basically nil.

How far did you get? You would've realized that pretty early on.
>>
>>344511186
Think the farthest I got was Day 3 on top of the tower with Skull Kid. Just after an observatory of some sort I think. Got close to the end of the day, panicked, and shut it off. It's been close to a decade since I've played it though, so maybe I owe it to actually try and beat it. Seemed a lot cooler than OoT in my eyes.
>>
>>344511834
Jesus Christ you turned it off before you finished the intro.

You owe it to yourself to at least make an attempt at redeeming your pussified past.
>>
It's strange, I didn't like it either on the N64 and yet I loved it on the 3DS

I think your taste just changes over time. Sometimes you want more of the same and other times you want something different. Most good things are a balance of something inbetween
>>
>>344512132
I was just not good with time limits on anything when I was younger. Can't justify it besides irrationality, but next chance I get, I'll just do it.
>>
>>344505496
I think Majora's Mask was the first Zelda game I ever completed 100%.
>>
File: Drinking_bleach.jpg (21 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Drinking_bleach.jpg
21 KB, 600x450
>>344511834
>Think the farthest I got was Day 3 on top of the tower with Skull Kid.

Re-evaluate your existence
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.