[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently bought this on Steam, how do I get gud? Which type of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: sfvv.jpg (168 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sfvv.jpg
168 KB, 1280x720
Recently bought this on Steam, how do I get gud? Which type of punch/kick should I focus on? I can do most of the move list for characters but I'm lost on combos.
>>
Learn to google.
>>
File: 1459209058126.jpg (52 KB, 276x291) Image search: [Google]
1459209058126.jpg
52 KB, 276x291
>>344501910
>Which type of punch/kick should I focus on?
Oh fuck me OP that's so cute.
Just for that im gonna help you out

Who do you main?
>>
>>344501910
Youtube is full of guides.
>>
>>344502048
Cammy
>>
>>344501910
https://www.reddit.com/r/stReetfighter/wiki/v/giefsgym
>>
>>344501910
Focus on fundementals.

Don't try to do 'sick combos'.

Don't even do special moves.

Just use your 3 punches, 3 kicks and throw.
Learn how they work.
Master them.

I can easily beat the average player by only using medium kick and joystick, no specials.
>>
File: 1467736924380.jpg (796 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467736924380.jpg
796 KB, 1920x1080
>>344502253
She has good buttons
Im no cammy player and don't play her as much as other so i can't really help so much

Most of her blockstings are safe if you don't do a DP afterwards (i assume you know what a dragon punch is)

Here is a little guide with frame data
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XB1GW6Lk6yK176Nm8_l3cSxPowWxHfiRRh7qOess77E/edit#gid=1087915786

if you don't know what framedate is look it up on either SRK.com
or on youtube/crosscounter

Oh and her V-skill is safe on block i know
>>
>>344502261
Wow there's more to this than I thought. Thanks.

>>344502396
Thanks, thought long combos were necessary to win online
>>
>>344502952
one more thing is that if you feel like you have hit a wall (and you will at somepoint) just try to mess around with other characters and have fun instead of focusing on gitting gud for that moment

I found that when i play for fun i do 100% better then when im scared about my rank dropping
>>
>>344502657
When you say safe on block/blockstrings, you mean you don't get punished for it when the opponent is blocking right? What's her DP, spiral arrow or is it only uppercut moves like cannon spike?
>>
>>344502952
"long combos" are never important.

"high damage combos" will become important, however. Just landing stray hits will get you above most shitters, but then when you run into other people who know how to maneuver around and get hits, except they know how to convert each hit into big damage, you'll lose.

So eventually, yes you will need to learn your combos. But for an absolute beginner, everything else is more important.
>>
File: top 10 anime fights.png (306 KB, 406x320) Image search: [Google]
top 10 anime fights.png
306 KB, 406x320
>>344503692
>When you say safe on block/blockstrings, you mean you don't get punished for it when the opponent is blocking right?
Yea

Canonspick is her DP
It has invincible frames so that means if you can see the opponet press a lot of buttons you can throw it out and you will not get hit if they are in the middle of doing that move.

But it also has a lot ov recovery so you get decked if you miss it

Mind you not all characters have Iframe moves like cammy in this game
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.