[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch Solo Competitive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: booty.png (278 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
booty.png
278 KB, 500x281
How do you play competitive solo without killing yourself?

>for about a week my rank has been dropping because of retards and quitters
>started playing Lucio and been doing much better even though I've never played him before
>healing like crazy, 30-40% per match
>pretty okay k/d roughly 3/1
>gain 5 ranks in an evening
>no enemies quit
>"just one more win before bed"
>Hanamura, attack
>team captures first point easily
>2nd point it's like they were replaced with actual retards
>all go down the left, over the gap Lucio can't cross
>repeatedly tell them to group up with me
>do it several times throughout the game, no one listened except a Mei who later switched to S-76
>they're not even attempting to destroy the turrets, just throwing themselves on the point making a pile of corpses
>2 of them switch to Mercy
>2 others both play Winston, and when that doesn't work out, they both play Reinhardt
>we don't capture the 2nd point
>defending
>predictably we get absolutely raped
>stand in the corner as Symmetra repeatedly saying "thanks"

I wouldn't even mind as much if a shitty team wasn't capable of setting back my progress on ranks, why the fuck would Blizzard make your progression based on wins and losses rather than your individual performance?
>>
lucio can cross that gap. just wallride.
>>
>>344500383
Tried, died
>>
>>344500192
You're essentially complaining about one bad game. Yes, this will happen, even when you're playing in a (Partial) premade you'll still fucking stomped occasionally.

>>344500383
This too. It's actually incredibly easy to do this as Lucio, unlike the left side at the beginning of Volskya, which is hit and miss.
>>
>>344500758
>You're essentially complaining about one bad game
Oh I could list endless time's my team have been shit, I just didn't want to do it all in the same post
>Volskaya, attack
>2 team mates pick D.va only one of them is even competent
>doing the same shit that other team did, constantly going down the left where I can't follow
>Mercy is following me around instead of healing someone who can't heal themselves
>Hanzo never once attempts to take the point, even as the clock counts down
>defending
>Reaper, Torbjorn, Zarya, Mercy, and a fucking Zenyatta
>there's a reason the pros do not use Zenyatta
>refuses to change
>we lose the first point in seconds
>respawn as we lose it
>fuck it, just throw myself of the fucking map
>team doesn't retreat to defend, instead goes out to the enemy and gets massacred
>respawn again, 2nd point is taken before I even make it there
>>
>>344501217
Or another
>Temple of Anubis
>Could've won in the 2nd round as defence by keeping them off the 2nd point
>instead, like the last story, team leaves the point to go to the enemy, gets themselves killed while i'm respawning
>lose the point
>goes to sudden death
>Reinhardt keeps dropping his fucking shield or turning it because he's distracted by a Tracer instead of letting one of the 3 people behind him deal with it
>have to fall back, they've gotten through
>their entire team is on the point
>only me and a Torbjorn are there at first, get killed
>team continues to attack the entire enemy team in pairs
>even using their Ults they get slaughtered
>we lose
>
>>
>>344501217
>>344501786
Yeah, we know. This shit happens to everybody, not just you. Sometimes you have good games where your team is competent, and other times you're stuck with retards. It's the nature of the beast.
>>
Ive been pretty lucky with solo comp so far even my losses have been far less frustrating than the shit ive seen in quickplay (unless it comes down to fucking sudden death)
>>
>>344501786
Could even summarise some of these in single points
>tfw gold medal for 1:30 objective time
>tfw gold medal for 3 eliminations
>tfw 50 eliminations still couldn't carry your team
>>344502003
Sure, but this is a thread about how you cope with losing ranks because clincal retards drag you down.
I mean I could talk about good matches too
>Hollywood
>defenders play 2 Bastion, 2 Torbjorn
>we we never even capture the point
>our turn to defend, decide to give them a taste of their own medicine
>2 Torbjorn, Symmetra, Bastion
>they never even cap the point
>sudden death
>oh shit we're attacking
>convinced this is it, no way we'll break their defence this time
>someone suggests playing Zarya
>2 Zarya, Winston, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Lucio
>absolutely crush their defence
>beat them at their own game
>feelsgoodman.jpeg
But this isn't a thread for happy stories
>>
>>344500192
I let everyone else pick their favorite characters & then play what's needed. Usually Lucio, Pharah, or Zarya who just happen to be game breaking if played right.
>>
>>344502429
Here, I can lighten the mood with a happier story
>Kings Row goes to sudden death
>we're attacking
>enemy has set up Reinhardt, with Bastion and Torbjorn up on a ledge facing the spawn
>clearly this is just a tactic they've seen used rather than one they've thought about
>play Junkrat.
>use mine to launch myself onto the objective
>pelt Reinhardt's shield with grenades
>immediate they break ranks, bastion gets up, drops down onto the point
>get's grenaded into oblivion
>Torbjorn is also down, trying to place a new turret with a better view of the objective
>fuck it, this is now a suicide mission
>charge up to where he's building his turret
>fire grenades the entire time
>get killed
>youveactivatedmytrapcard.png
>Junkrat's grenade belt goes off post-mortem
>destroys Torbjorn and his turret
>team moves in as I wait for the respawn and captures
>>
>>344502816
I never believed that a single person could turn a game around until i got frustrated with playing healer to a team that had no coordination and switched phara, broke the enemy teams blockade and saw how fast they fell apart.
>>
>>344503387
Alright fine, this is now a solo win thread, post times when yopu've carried a team to victory
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.