[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
...Why the fuck didn't these spergs just explain their intentions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
...Why the fuck didn't these spergs just explain their intentions and reasons? Literally all the conflict in the first game was for naught.

Golden Sun thread.
>>
>>344490208
Golden sun 4 when!
They knew that restoring Alchemy could lead to war and the protagonists would probably have tried to stop them either way. Restoring Alchemy was a gamble. on one hand, restoring it could potentially lead to wars using powerful magic that could wipe entire cities off Weyward but on the other, it meant that Weyward would slowly crumble.
>>
COMPLEX
MOTIVES
>>
>>344490483
Well that just leaves us with

Option 1: Possibly end up screwed (Light the beacons)

Option 2: Definitely end up screwed (Don't light the beacons)

And it would have taken all of 5 minutes to explain. Seriously, it's a fucking HUGE hole in the game's writing. Saturos and Menardi had no reason to be such mustache-twirling villains about what was ultimately supposed to save the world, and they ended up dead for it.
>>
They were racist.
>>
But they did, or their clan did. The oldfags from Vale didn't cared and believe about what they said, so Saturos and Menardi said "fuck them, let's just do our job".
Wise One also knew everything and did nothing, just allowed shit to roll like it was nothing about him. He should be the one the most to be blamed for but everyone forgets about that shitty one-eyed rock
>>
>>344490834
The best answer I've heard so far is that EVERYONE in Weyard has had it beaten into their society/culture/head that lighting the lighthouses and restoring alchemy was thought of as unthinkably dangerous + they simply would not have believed the continental deterioration in the first place until it was too late. Saturos left Prox having decided they'd have to be forceful and underhanded from the get-go. No way they were gonna walk into Vale and just ring up the mayor and tell him to hand over those ancient, supposedly world-ending artifacts to a couple of freaks from the other side of the planet.

Just as well, they were doing it mainly for Prox, not the world as a whole. They saw the others as interfering even if it would have been as allies.

Either way yes, ultimately Isaac&Co change their minds about lighting the lighthouses on a dime and basically render the events of the first game moot, leaving the antagonizing of Saturos and Menardi in a weird grey area where it could still be easily argued that it was unnecessary and amounts to bad writing.
>>
Despite their end goal being saving the world, they clearly relished in being evil cunts as they went about doing it. Don't gloss over that.
>>
>>344490545
life is truly unfair
>>
>>344490208

I'm surprised these guys never pop up in "villains who were actually the good guys" thread.
>>
>>344491505
They were running out of time. They could have killed Isaac and Co and didn't, just much later when they were getting in their way too much they decided to.
>>
>>344491723
Because most of /v/ is kids who won't touch anything that isn't on steam or mario/zelda

I seriously doubt very many people here owned a GBA during its active years. Shit there must be people browsing right now who were born after the GBA's launch
>>
>>344491723
I've seen them posted a few times before. Golden Sun is just not very popular on /v/
>>
>>344492459
>one of the most popular GBA games ever
>not popular on /v/

wonder why

ehh, fuck it, they'll add Isaac to the next Smash and suddenly you'll see fans popping up all over the place
>>
>>344492618
>they'll add Isaac to the next Smash
I think that ship has sailed. Unless the make GS4 then I doubt we'll see him in smash.
>>
>>344491895
You never needed to own a GBA. GBA emulation was what? Late 2001 or early 2002 with VBA? I remember playing Golden Sun emulated like that around that time. Just much later I got physical copies of both games when I bought a DS.

Man I even played the japanese version of Lost Age with barely any guides to help through the trident quest. I actually got to Poseidon without the trident and I couldn't understand why I couldn't even do any damage. I had to google and only by then I realized I had a piece to make a special weapon but I was missing 2.
>>
>>344492813
>You never needed to own a GBA

you think that matters to steambabbies?

if they can't idle something for cards and badges they don't give a fuck
>>
>>344492618
If they had plans to add Isaac as a playable character in Smash, it would have happened in Brawl. As it stand, his Assist Trophy was removed, and Nintendo has no current plans of a new game. That ship has sailed.
>>
I need to get around to playing Dark Dawn one of these days.
>>
i remember beating this game years ago emulating it, it was really good

never tried the second game, maybe i should emulate it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.