[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do with consoles that don't work anymore /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 102832686_o.jpg (768 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
102832686_o.jpg
768 KB, 1200x800
What do you do with consoles that don't work anymore /v/ ?

I have one PS2 that barely works and one PSX and PS3 that don't work, but I feel it'd be a waste just to throw them into the garbage.

Do junkyards accept them and trade them for money or something ?
>>
>>344466519
>dont dead open inside
what did they mean by this
>>
Consoles shouldn't break in such a short time span unless you don't take care of them.
Are you sure it's not just a disc read error or in need of reflow?
Also people buy non functional ps3's for $30-$40 each.
>>
>>344467194

PS2 fats are known to have an unreliable laser.
The first PS1 models were well known to overheat.
And the PS3 slims were famous for the YLOD.

Console build quality for early adopters is slot.

Advice to OP; the PS2 that barely works, is that because of disc read errors? If so, mod it.
>>
try to fix, if can't save for parts
>>
>>344467194
>>344467831

Well my PSX can't read discs anymore, the PS2 has problems with the A/V cable input, many times nothing is displayed on the TV even though the cables are connected.

The PS3 died from YLOD. It turns off right after I try to turn it on. I was thinking of selling it for parts but I feel kinda paranoid about someone managing to fix it and accessing my PSN account.
>>
i just throw it away if its not working, or if its working and im not playing on it anymore. i know i could probably sell stuff but i just cant be bothered, seems like it would take more time than the money is worth.
>>
>>344468208

Wipe the hard drive of the PS3. Identifying PSN data is in there, there's nothing in the flash memory that identifies your PSN account.
>>
>>344468385

How do I do that when I can't even get to the main menu without my console shutting down first ?
>>
>>344468515

You can just take the hard drive out of your PS3 and plug it into your PC, or keep it, or sell it, whatever.
>>
>>344468620

hmm ok, will do that, thanks!
>>
>>344466519
>making all that effort to get the design wrong

fucking hell
>>
>>344466519
i eat them piece by piece

it's very uncomfortable and i've sliced my ass open more than a few times while shitting and had to be rushed to the ER multiple times but it's worth it in the end.
>>
>>344466519
Throw them on eBay.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.