[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the most overrated game ever? It's literally a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 292x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 292x414
Is this the most overrated game ever? It's literally a 45 hour movie with shitty casualized combat that was clearly ported from consoles. If you defend this shit I can only assume you're a newfag redditor.

Here's a good analysis of the "combat": https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCUtsyG-B58
>>
>story driven game has less than satisfactory combat

-.-"
>>
>>344463697
That's not a excuse, Odin Sphere focused on story a lot but that doesn't stop it from having great combat
>>
>>344463817
Sure it did nostalgia weeb faggot
>>
>>344463301
im a huge witcher fag , didnt really enjoy this game that much but love it just because it makes retarded underage 9gagers like you dribble incoherently and "review" it with buzzwords like "literally" , "casualized" and "movie game"

kill yourself
>>
>>344463817
Odin Sphere took ten years for a remake to fix the combat, and only after the studio made two other combat oriented games for practice.
>>
>>344463993
>weeb
better than being a westacuck
>>
>>344463697
/v/ has shat on every story driven game, except witcher 3.

It gets a free pass on many things: quest structure casualization (namely the follow the red path or go to the golden circle on minimap), combat softlock, hack vision (used in asscreed, batman, new tombraider, tlou and 99% of recent releases, which /v tends to shit on), downgrade, lack of mod support, proper video settings (antialiasing on/off)

>The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developers at CD Projekt RED spoke to Angry Joe at E3, commenting on how the Batman Arkham and Assassin's Creed games have influenced the title

you can easily find the source on the interview with developers angry joe has on his channel

As a fact, witcher 3 suffers the same standardization (regarding gameplay elements) and casualization /v/ usually cries about any other aaa game and, as one of them, relies on visual presentation and simplicity.

Choices change a powerpoint at the end of the game or a different cutscene at the end of the quest, with no significant changes regarding world status.
It's also easy to notice most of them are superfluous: extremely rare are the cases where the player is not streamlined towards a pre-defined development.
>>
>>344467189
hot opinions ahead
>follow red path
curious, what are the alternatives? other than reading a 12 sentence paragraph on how to navigate there for every one of the many quests
>combat softlock
agreed
>hack vision
breaks up monotony of following red line
>downgrade
agreed, flat out lying but the game doesn't look shit either, would only bother someone who's seen the old trailers
>lack of mod support
its not entirely absent, but a step down from w2. but no one made mods for w2 so I think they ceded the modding sandbox thing to bethesda

there are things that actually make the game a pain to play but these miss the mark
>>
File: 1438929287013.jpg (41 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1438929287013.jpg
41 KB, 500x294
>>344463301
>>
>>344468165
how are those opinions? softlock is coded in the game, downgrade is proven, and u get all the other shit by playing the game.

idk what point there's in agreeing with facts
>>
>>344463301
nice bait OP
base game has only 13 hrs of curscenes for the 30hrs of main quests. 25 if including dlcs, 50 if including all quests
>>
LMAOing at everyone ITT who expects "good melee combat" in a single player rpg

The ONLY game to ever have come close to truly decent melee combat is chivalry and even that has its gripes

Without a first person perspective and a intelligent human mind behind your enemies you wont get decent melee combat, simple as that

In a singe player rpg you wont EVER have to
>read feints
>target switch
>out mind game

or do anything of any difficulty whilst fighting, so why even bother criticising them for their combat?
>>
I liked it because it finally moves past standard western fantasy and delivers an actual european feeling game world which made me really comfy playing in Velen and Novigrad. Some of the stories are just le grimdark retellings of Grimm's fairytales but there's some really good pagan folk tales too that couldn't have come from anywhere else but a slavic culture.

Couldn't really care less for the combat, it's not what anyone plays games like this for. At least the upgrade system didn't make you a demigod by allowing you to use every skill you unlock simultaneously and actually allowed you to customize the way you played.

There were no diversity quotas and the DLC was good. Characters were good for the most part.

Though the cracks in the wall did start to show when I found out you could do thinly-veiled Ubisoftesque "outpost liberation" quests where you blow up some monster dens and woohoo the peasants are now back at their farm.

Still none of the flaws of the game held me back from thoroughly enjoying its almost every moment.
>>
>>344464119
Literally nothing worse than a weeb except being Anthony Burch.
>>
lololol like the first one was some deep game that didn't have syfy channel level writing

whole series is polack trash
>>
>>344469536

Because /v/ is full of kids who never played Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Original Fallouts or Icewind Dale. All of them are undisputed classics of the genre and all of them have shit turn based combat that relies solely on stats and not on skill.
>>
>>344463817
>Odin Sphere focused on story a lot
Where is it? Story paths for certain characters just end, unresolved.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.