[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Total War games are worth playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: 1444486067359.png (83 KB, 376x157) Image search: [Google]
1444486067359.png
83 KB, 376x157
Which Total War games are worth playing?
>>
>>344462245
none, series is shit wasted money to buy collection few years ago would not recommend it
>>
File: 1438194191182.gif (1 MB, 300x289) Image search: [Google]
1438194191182.gif
1 MB, 300x289
>>344462245
from rome 1 to medieval 2 maybe shogun 2 but lack unit collision

also pirated because total war are full dlc whores now

also rome 1 is a bitch to make run in moderm systems
>>
>>344462245
Rome 1 and Medieval 2, the rest is garbage.
>>
Shogun 2, rome 1, medieval 2, warhammer
>>
File: 1437871294548.png (266 KB, 368x657) Image search: [Google]
1437871294548.png
266 KB, 368x657
>>344463493
>warhammer
>>
>>344463090
you must have fallen for the "anything that isn't windows 7" meme
>>
>>344463724
>I wish I preordered and had the chaos dlc
>>
don't fall for the memes, Rome 1 and Medieval 2 are clunky garbage without total conversion mods, especially Medieval 2
If you want a decent vanilla experience go for any game released after Empire depending on which setting you prefer
also first 2 games are often ignored, despite the fact the first Medieval shits all over Medieval 2 in most aspects
>>
>>344462245
Medieval 2 with mods.
>>
>>344463493
>>344463090
this
>>
Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer

Fight me
>>
Shogun 2, and Napoleon tbqh.
Empire is too broken. Poorly optimized, illogical AI etc.
>play as france
>grabbing things in america
>suddenly maratha show up with 1 boat and 20 units
>declare war on me
>take my undefended island

>play as russia
>fight maratha in the caucasus instead of the turks

I swear the game caters to poo in the loos
>>
Rome 1 and Medieval 2 are great games, but they have the most cancerous fanbase of autist you will ever find in a video game.

All of the games except maybe Empire are fantastic. If it's your first entry into the series I'd recommend Shogun 2, Warhammer, or Attila. If you like what you see there play them all.
>>
>>344462245
Rome and that LoTR mod for medieval 2
>>
>>344462245
shogun 2 rome 1 and medieval 2, also the original shogun if you can bear the sprite units and shitty ui
>>
>>344466157
Rome 1 that is
>>
The call of warhammer mod for Medieval 2 is better than Warhammer, I don't fucking understand it
>>
>>344463493
This anon has it right.

But pirate Warhammer DLC. Yes, you can pirate it.
>>
Rome's pretty good. Play Barbarian invasion as well, otherwise you don't get to play as magnificent Eastern Empire.
>>
File: wincrashreport_windows_2000.png (4 KB, 584x139) Image search: [Google]
wincrashreport_windows_2000.png
4 KB, 584x139
>>344466892
I agree! Sure the balance is fucking atrocious, textures are a muddled clusterfuck, animations are almost non existant, and the-
>>
>>344466093
Damn.. just installed empire too... guess ill be uninstalling then
>>
>>344467217
Get Napoleon if you're interested in the setting.

Empire has a great setting, but the game is fucking atrocious.
>>
Shogun 2, Medieval 2, and Rome 1 with mods

Medieval 1 is also still a great game, you could probably get it for $5 now
>>
>>344462245
rome 1, medieval 2, napoleon if you like the time period, shogun 2, attila
>>
Medieval 2 but only with mods
Fall of the Samurai but don't go anywhere close to vanilla Shogun 2
Attila - Age of Charlemagne

maaaybe Warhammer but there is alot of dumb bugs like not being able to finish campaigns or crashes randomly on X turn. I still like it for the factions being more than reskinned humans with very little difference between most factions.
>>
>>344467904
>maaaybe Warhammer but there is alot of dumb bugs like not being able to finish campaigns or crashes randomly on X turn.
I'm 70 hours in Warhammer and haven't experienced a single bug yet.

Maybe I'm just lucky but I feel like this is the best CA release yet. Even Attila had gamebreaking bugs that weren't fixed until over a year later.
>>
>>344468082
The crash bug didn't happen to me at turn 148, but it did to my friend around 120. No matter what, reloading back or doing other events he couldn't progress past 120.
My another common problem is that victory conditions don't appear, meaning you can't finish a playthrough even if you know what they are. This happened to me but not him.
Other than those 2 it seems fine.

I don't get the hate for Warhammer not having as much content as the other games, when people go back praising fucking Shogun 2 of all games. The factions that are playable are all different from each other, from units, to buildings, to tech trees to ingame mechanics like Offices/Fightiness/Corruption/Underways etc
>>
>>344468791
Only the turboautist M2 fans shit on Warhammer.

Just like they shit on every single TW game that isn't M2.

Warhammer is objectively the best TW yet solely on content and diversity alone.
>>
>>344467173
Why would you care that much about balance in any Total War SP, where you can basically steamroll enough of the map to complete victory conditions regardless if you're not fucking retarded early on?

Also, complaining about textures and animations in a TW game? Are you fucking kidding me? Focusing on pointless shit like this and not the crucial flaws that have been prevalent in the recent total wars and the warscape engine they run on is why some of the newer TW games have been so mediocre. Seriously, Warhammer probably had one of the most stable releases compared to the other titles and is one of the best in recent years; the factions are actually unique and not copy pasted shit, difficulty is decent, and CA has been getting better with their DLC plan, but it still retains the flaws of the warscape engine, and city management has basically been gutted to a new time low.
>>
>>344469410
It'll be a lot better when everything is finally released for it
>>
>>344470214
I hope they officially come out with each lord having his own starting position, like that mod but less buggy. Especially when they start adding new free DLC lords, I don't want a mod for all of these guys and it would also let them have 2 player Chaos campaigns.

The game also needs a balance patch.
>>
>>344462245
I don't care what anyone says, I liked Empire.

>>344467217
At least play it first, 90% of the time /v/ is wrong.
>>
>>344467904
If your complaints are about games crashing or being unstable, you better not be recommending any older Total Wars, especially not massively modded ones
>>
>>344465569
Empire is generally agreed to be the worst. Rome 1 and medieval 2 are generally considered best. But likely you'll enjoy your favorite time period most. I love Rome 1&2 because I'm obsessed as fuck with that period.
>>
File: 25188942.jpg (169 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
25188942.jpg
169 KB, 1024x768
Which game has the best AI? I remember the last time I played Medieval 2 the AI was absolutely retarded, it made me stop playing
>>
>>344472847
Warhammer AI is actually very competent.
>>
>>344472907
*very competent at sneaking in lone units of dogs to attack archers and artillery crews
I fucking hate chaos warhounds
>>
Empire Total War, despite being shit at first, ended up getting fixed to be the best game in the franchise.
>>
>>344473340
You can't fix those sieges, Anon.
>>
>>344462245
I'd rank them

1) Medieval 2
2) Rome 1
3) Shogun 2
4) Rome 2/Attila
5) Empire/Napoleon

Haven't played Warhammer, Shogun 1, or Medieval 1.

CA went full Jew with their DLC practices (blood & gore costs fucking $2 extra in a fucking game centered around battles) so do the world a favor and pirate everything post Medieval 2.
>>
>>344467217
Don't fucking listen to them. Empire has long since been fixed, and most of the people who say
>hur empire the worst
Haven't played it, or at least since it came out.
>>
>>344472847
Warhammer has very good ingame battle AI.

On the map though, its still iffy. Dwarves and Orcs are really good at using the underways to ass fuck you though. I've seen them reclaim razed cities more though unlike Attila so atleast the map isn't a desolate wasteland turn 100 like Attila
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.