[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone still play GW1? Thread theme: https://www.youtu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: pre searing.jpg (623 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pre searing.jpg
623 KB, 1920x1080
Does anyone still play GW1?

Thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg
>>
I had 4000 hours logged into this game. It was magical. So many good times holding halls and fucking around with the guild. The PvE wasn't incredible, but it was something new. And the PvP was god tier.

Fuck Guild Wars 2 for killing a masterpiece.
>>
I play GW2. :^)
>>
File: iktfb.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
iktfb.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
>>344460523
>>
File: Monk_render.jpg (98 KB, 750x1024) Image search: [Google]
Monk_render.jpg
98 KB, 750x1024
>me and some friends want to play this game
>everyone gets it a bit earlier than me
>because we want to play together we match the classes we play
>they have no healer
>ask me if I want to play monk
>say "okay", but never really enjoyed playing a healer
>because I was a bit defiant I played monk/warrior and fought in melee, using smiting prayers
>it kinda works at the beginning, but the further we play the less effective I become as a healer
>use more healing prayers, but find them boring to use
>look up what protection prayers do
>as soon as I concentrate on those it became my favorite class
So much fun being an active healer that reacts before damage is done by the enemy. Mesmer is also a really great and innovative class with his disruption spells.
>>
File: spiderman.jpg (71 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
spiderman.jpg
71 KB, 640x480
>>344463291
this
>>
>>344460523
Tell me retard how GW2 is killing Gw1? Nobody is forces you to play it if you don't like.

GW2>GW1 in every single way.
>>
>>344463678
If you like poorly balanced trash with nothing to do, sure, gw2>gw1
>>
>hammer pet warrior/ranger
>people give me shit about having something that does free damage over time as I smash niggas down and blind them
>Crushing armor and big dick hits
>Don't show up one day and hear about how they couldn't get past a part without endlessly wiping because I wasn't there to chain my cc.

Guild wars launch was fun. I rather enjoyed each expansion as well and how it was its own game. It made it easy to join and if someone really liked the game they could buy the original and which kept the older content somewhat alive.
Heroes were also an interesting idea that I hated and loved. I liked the idea of having a merc that had skills that weren't retarded and I could control what they did. What I hated was I'm fucking shit at micromanaging anything other then myself.

>First expansion launches
>that mission moving from the expansion tutorial island / main game island to the expansion main content.
>all those people just converging onto one point to out man a boss
Shit was fun.
>>
File: 1466121359466.jpg (44 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
1466121359466.jpg
44 KB, 329x399
>>344463678
>>
File: 1432323647607.png (522 KB, 2543x2159) Image search: [Google]
1432323647607.png
522 KB, 2543x2159
Obligatory.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.