[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deus Ex has some pretty wonky mechanics. Bought this thing off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 20160709060157_1.jpg (295 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160709060157_1.jpg
295 KB, 1920x1080
Deus Ex has some pretty wonky mechanics.

Bought this thing off the steam sale and it's surprising how often I die because the shooting mechanics are literally so shit that it is not possible to win without stealth.
>>
File: disgustedjap.jpg (47 KB, 685x700) Image search: [Google]
disgustedjap.jpg
47 KB, 685x700
>>344450268
>RPG actually required you to be skilled in something to be accurate or spend more time aiming at a target
WOW WTF WHY CANT I HIT SHIT BAD MECHANICS
>>
>>344450596
>>RPG actually required you to be skilled in something to be accurate or spend more time aiming at a target
>enemies do not have to do this meaning that if you do not stealth you're just sitting there waiting to get shot
WOW SO DEEP MUH RPG

Not shitting on the rest of the game. I know it's fun because of the freedom of choice. But the control mechanics are pretty damn mediocre. Enemy AI is shit as well, as enemies will just run up to you without any regard for their personal safety and stand there shooting at you.
>>
I guess no one disagrees huh. How is this game one of the best games of all time?
>>
Yeah, it's pretty janky. Feel free to skip ahead and play Human Revolution instead, that fixed all of the original's issues.
>>
>>344450268
>CSGO has some pretty wonky mechanics.
>Bought this thing off the steam sale and it's surprising how often I die because the shooting mechanics are literally so shit that it is not possible to win without stealth.
>>
>>344453181
I did. It was my first deus ex game. Was surprised by how good it was, as I think most of us were when that demo leaked.

Aren't there any mods to fix the jankyness? I'm already playing the revision version that's on steam.
>>
File: 1465875828356.png (338 KB, 381x359) Image search: [Google]
1465875828356.png
338 KB, 381x359
>>344453181
>>344451202
>>344450268

Fucking summerfags.

Gas all 15 year old posters.

>>344453412

There's a good fix you have to delete your syste32 file.
>>
>>344453762
game sucks dude, sorry
>>
File: confused.jpg (46 KB, 419x384) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
46 KB, 419x384
>play as a nano-augmented agent tasked with fighting against terrosists
>can't aim for shit

UNATCO must have been suffering some serious budget cuts if they could only afford to hire someone who never touched a gun in their life
>>
The game is actually an RPG and not really much of an FPS or a stealth game unless you invest into stats/augmentations that allow you to play it like one of those two.
>>
Why shouldn't i kill terrorists on sight during the first mission? JC's brother told him just to knock them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.