[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: ss.jpg (27 KB, 250x346) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
27 KB, 250x346
series where the quality decreases with each new entry
>>
>>344417723
>Pic not related
>>
>Pic unrelated
>>
>>344417723
your b8 isnt gr8 m8, id r8 it as an empty pl8 before, not after i 8. youre trying to make us ir8, but thats not our f8. i wont hesit8 to let you know youre too l8 and our current st8 is to w8 and contempl8.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (304 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
304 KB, 1280x720
>>344417813
>>344417992
>>344418110

so how would you rank the series?

another pic related incoming
>>
>>344418231
niggerman you know 2 is gold.
>>
>>344418231
>series
System Shock only has 2 released games?
Is that a series?
Do you think Bioshock is part of System Shock?
You do know Bioshock was just a Spiritual Successor?
>>
>>344417723
Risen
>>
>>344418682
do you know what is autism?
>>
>>344418868
>I don't know how to debate or argue so I'll just insult you
>>
File: ass defect.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
ass defect.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
Most Western video game series after around 2006 qualify for that
>>
>>344418868
>I though Bioshock was part of System Shock but don't want to admit it so I'll insult their intelligence
I bet you sperged out and donated all of you allowance to the System Shock Remastered Kickstarter
>>
>>344419750
>>344418949
>same people behind
>isn't named System Shock 3 because they couldn't secure the copyrights at the time
>very similar

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES GUISE
>>
>>344419750
Bioshock is literally the sequel to system shock games, retard.
>>
>>344420052
The only same people that were behind it were Ken Levine.

And, yes, they are completely different games. One series is a cyberpunk RPG set in deep space. The other is a first person shooter set underwater. The only things similar between the two is they are in first person and have "Shock" in the title.
>>
>>344418231
Mega Man X is a tricky one because as players like hideofbeast will tell you, it excels at emotional storytelling on a way no other Mega Man game does, maybe the closest is Mega Man 9. However, contrary to that line of thinking is how irrational some of the actual game design is in comparison to later games in the series.
>>
File: Painkiller_Coverart.png (166 KB, 250x339) Image search: [Google]
Painkiller_Coverart.png
166 KB, 250x339
Pic related cannot be argued, Black edition does not count as a new game.

>>344418231
>>344417723
System Shock 1 has the best feeling of being a cyberpunk, worst combat/process of playing (but the gameplay concepts like cyberspace are fine)
System Shock 2 nailed the setting so hard, but fails in the cyberpunk feeling until that part at the end where SHODAN merges cyberspace with reality or whatever. I'm not a huge fan of the section inside all of the flesh. It was a step up from the original in general enjoyment of exploring the world and killing things.
Bioshock took a step up from this but failed in how black and white options are. Despite this black and white problem, the story is the best in the series. There's a reason "a man chooses a slave obeys" stays in your head 9 years later.
Bioshock 2 has the best gunplay, plasmid use, and mechanics in general in the series. However, the story is almost entirely forgettable. Fuck, it feels so good to play that game, though.
Bioshock Infinite's setting is probably my favorite of the series even though it's not cyberpunk. Regenerating health, weapon limits, reduction of RPG elements, and retarded story bring it down though.

With this said, the games in the series I enjoy <PLAYING> the most are Bioshock 2 > System Shock 2 > Bioshock > Infinte > System Shock
The ones that feel the best in their setting and mood
BS > SS > I > BS2 > SS2 (but I love SS2's music the most)
Story/writing
BS > SS2 > SS > BS2 > I
>>
>>344420052
It is a different game
It literally was a completely different game
It wasn't in the System Shock 'series'
I'm sorry you're such a sperg and think all similar games are part of the same series
>>
>>344420323
It's a spiritual successor, literally it's on Bioshock's wikipedia
>>
>tfw still no Ninja Gaiden on par with Black
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.