[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT RPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: 2uxztbs.jpg (120 KB, 1018x783) Image search: [Google]
2uxztbs.jpg
120 KB, 1018x783
Post your favorite JRPG
Post your favorite WRPG
Mine are Secret of Mana and Fallout 1 :)
>>
Tales of the Abyss
Deus Ex or VtMB
>>
Dragon Quest VIII
Diablo II
>>
Bravely Default
Fallout 2
>>
more like weeboo literally who chinkshit and god tier western games
>>
>>344417323
ok, then post 2 of your favorite westerns :)
>>
Final Fantasy 7
Baldur's Gate 2
>>
>Fire Emblem
>Deus Ex
>excellent
>>
Persona 3 FES
VTM:B
>>
>>344418204
please
>>
Dragon quest V
Arcanum
>>
>>344416936
Secret of Mana
Baldur's Gate 2
>>
Dragons Dogma, Dark Souls 3. Mount and Blade: Warband, Divinity Original Sin. Ive only played 3 Jrpgs and the other one was DS2.
>>
>>344418392
OH SHIT,THIS WAS WHAT I WAS GOING TO POST!
>>
Currently:
EO IV for JRPG Have yet to play the others
Skyrim for WRPG
Dark Souls if that counts as a WRPG
>>
>>344417323
SMT IV

Arcanum
>>
Lunar Silver Star Complete
Divine Divinity
>>
>>344418392
>>344418140
>Baldurs gate 2
Man i need to play it, one of the only classic great RPGs i need to play still. Maybe i should save it for winter for ultimate comfy. Is it comfy, anons?
>>
File: 1466981373506.png (91 KB, 300x469) Image search: [Google]
1466981373506.png
91 KB, 300x469
>>344418204
>Fire Emblem
>not excellent
>>
>>344418538
>Arcanum
my nigger
>>
File: jrpg - wrpg.jpg (101 KB, 1269x360) Image search: [Google]
jrpg - wrpg.jpg
101 KB, 1269x360
>>
>>344418903
I dont see wrong with either anon
>TFW can be a QT grill and go change to cool knight dude
>feels good man
>>
>>344418640
Very comfy, especially if your party consists of the NPCs who have the best bants and/or are the ones you most like.

It is an incredibly good game though. I'd say to play the original games stitched into BGT with mods, but one of the main mod sites is down and finding the original versions to download is harder than ever.
>>
File: 1416895158641.jpg (32 KB, 540x547) Image search: [Google]
1416895158641.jpg
32 KB, 540x547
>>344416936
>JRPG
>WRPG
>genres
>>
>>344416936
jrpg
lunar silver star story complete

wrpg
dragon age origins (maybe Baldur's gate 2)
>>
>>344419319
who cares
>>
Resonance of Fate, or Operation Darkness if that counts
Deus Ex
>>
>>344419148
thx anon, cant wait <3
>>
>>344418481
oh shit nice fellow anon, great taste
>>
>>344418640
Play the BG series in the summer. Play the IWD series in the winter.
>>
>>344419982
oh fuck you make a good point, i actually havent played icewind dale 1 completely
>>
>>344418640
I found it very comfy. But it is not a game that is that easy to get into. You first need to know how the system works, so that you don't accidentally gimp your character. I would recommend if you get into the game, you should take a look at the classes you can play, then pick a character concept you'd like and ask on /v/ for advice on how to spend your skill points. Don't let them tell you to play a powergaming build though (unless you want to), you're not competing with anyone and it's more fun if you're playing a character concept you came up with yourself. The combat system may feel initially a bit clunky, but it actually involves quite a bit of tactical depth and especially in the beginning, the right spell or right potion at the right time can decide over success or failure in a combat encounter. Important is to not get frustrated; once you get to the point where you have an idea how it works, it will be fun.
Character building and combat aside - the game is great though. The maps are colourful and interesting, there's a lot to explore, lots of quests to do, and people to meet. Some of them, will join you in your party. They will comment on what you do, and they will occasionally interact with each other, which makes the experience a lot less lonely. It's like you're adventuring with a bunch of trusty comrades.
Due to the scale of the game, you end up becoming a literal demi-god and at the end of the game you'll be able to easily slaughter whole armies thrown against you. Few RPGs out there made a journey like this believable. Certainly you're a type of chosen one, but you're one among many, and many were left behind. And by the time you're done, you were on a truly 'epic' journey where it didn't feel like the game handed you godlike powers from the get-go, but you actually worked for it.
>>
Is Baroque any good? Am I better off with the Wii version for 16:9 support?
>>
>JRPG
Baten Kaitos: Eternal WIngs and the Lost Ocean

>WRPG
I don't have much experience at all with the genre, but I'd have to say Fallout 2. I wish I could say Arcanum but sharpshooters suck in that game.
>>
>>344420338
>Character building and combat aside - the game is great though.
Now, that came out wrong. Character building and combat is great too in my opinion - especially the combat encounters in BG2 are some of the best I've seen in the history of RPGs. It's more that character building and combat requires knowledge and experience with the game. It's the only part of the game that's not immediately accessible but requires a bit of research and practice.
>>
>>344420338
>>344420581
thanks for all the tips anons, appreciate it a lot
>>
Chrono Trigger
Fallout New Vegas
>>
>>344420338
>You first need to know how the system works, so that you don't accidentally gimp your character.
In all honesty, the only important things to know are:

>don't pick Wizard Slayer
>fighters are better early game and mages are better late game
>single classes are better early game on and dual/multi classes are better late game
>no, seriously, Wizard Slayers are shit

Outside of those basics, there are ways to make the most out of almost every class type.
>>
File: kkrenhardt.png (59 KB, 149x156) Image search: [Google]
kkrenhardt.png
59 KB, 149x156
>Final Fantasy X
>Skyrim
>>
>>344421313
Well, it's not that simple. People won't know intuitively which stats they can dump, which stats they need to focus on, what sorts of stat values they should be aiming for, etc.
My first character in Baldur's Gate 1 was completely gimped stat wise, because I tried to make a 'balanced' character.
>>
>>344421612
Its not like you can't complete the game with a gimped character when you can get a full party of NPCs that will carry you. I beat Baldur's Gate for the first time with a sling wielding bard. Anything is viable.
>>
>>344421972
Of course. But it's more fun when your main character is actually useful.
>>
>>344422095
not him, but its kinda fun to play a character that is crippled
>>
>>344421972
>I beat Baldur's Gate for the first time with a sling wielding bard
That's weirdly impressive.
>>
>>344416936
Super Mario RPG/Paper Mario 64
TES: Oblivion/Deus Ex

Fav WRPGs and JRPGs of all time.
>>
Final Fantasy VIII
Baldur's gate 2

Never played Soul Nomad... Is it good?
>>
The only good RPGs are CRPGs. "WRPGs" are generally either hybrid games that aren't really RPGs or shitty games that are more like JRPGs than anything else with their boring forced dialog nochoice linear bullshit. And JRPGs are garbage.
>>
>>344416936
Xenoblade Chronicles and Morrowind.
>>
>>344416936
generic taste
>>
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold
Divinity Original Sin
>>
Dragon's Dogma

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
>>
>>344416936
East: Xenoblade Chronicles
West: Neverwinter Nights 2
>>
Persona 4 and Fallout NV (maybe fallout 2, pretty close call.)
>>
Devil Survivor
Net Hack
>>
>>344416936

Favorite JRPGs:

Dark Souls 1
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Tales of Symphonia
Castlevania games

Western dogshit "RPG":

nothing.
>>
Dark souls series. For the japs
Baldurs gate series for the west.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.