[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is noone talking abot this? it is a masterpiece.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 12
File: Stellaris_cover_art.jpg (18 KB, 288x366) Image search: [Google]
Stellaris_cover_art.jpg
18 KB, 288x366
Why is noone talking abot this? it is a masterpiece.
>>
Waiting on DLC
>>
>>344415198
Because no content past the early game.
>>
+10 space doubloons
>>
>>344415559
just put on maximum galaxies and you have content for a year
>>
It feels like 2/3 of a game, it might be good in a year but right now it has all the depth of a kids paddling pool.
>>
It's good for a few playthtoughs.

Waiting on them to fix the game and add actual things to do during peacetime.
>>
Ive never played a game in this genre before so im really liking it. Ive been playing a militaristic xenophobe human empire and honestly nothing can stop you once you get crystal forged plating and good torpedos.
>>
>>344415773
The problem I have with it is that there doesn't seem to be a point to diplomacy. You can't negotiate with races that don't seem to have the exact same ethics as you and even then it's usually not worth it to do anything besides conquer them.
>>
>>344415853
>peacetime
I need less of this in general. It wont let me subjegate them in one go because its like 15 too many warscore, but if I go in and rip a planet from them it forces me to wait through ten years of peace before I can go at it again. How am I supposed to be a proper tyrant like this?
>>
If you want to talk about a game, go to /vg/
if you want to SHIT on a game? /v/ is always there for you.
>>
>>344416039
I usually give the people im not at war with star charts for a boost in minerals and energy credits
>>
>>344416118

Legitimate criticism isn't the same as shitting on the game, I shouldn't be thinking of Spore when I'm playing a 4X/grand strategy game.
>>
>>344415198
Not even close.
I like it, but you are gravely mistaken.
>>
>>344416039
It really needs diplomacy by force. "Give us this or we grind you to dust" actually that should be a wargoal "forced research agreement"
>>
>>344415645
This. I played it rigorously for 8+ hours every day week after week and still didn't finish my first game. If I still had my job I'd probably still be playing my first playthrough in 2017. More content is great for new playhroughs, but if you have a job or busy school life, you're unlikely to finish your first game for months unless you play on the easiest settings and max speed. It's same with other Paradox games.
>>
>Play 23 hours on a single game on the largest map
>Lost interest because everybody is in a federation so I can't declare war without them fucking my shit up
Needs more content
>>
Does 1.2 fix the game?

How's outlook for future content?
>>
>>344416893
My recent run I came out the door declaring war on people before we were even over 1k fleet power and most nations near me are teetering between pathetic and equivalent. I intend to turn everything around me into tributaries but the warscorr system seems a bit too crippling, especially since every time they surrender its forced peace for fucking ever. Also i feel like when you are just utterly stomping their shit in you should be able to add more demands.
>>
Isn't this just another 4X game?
>>
>>344415198

still on your first 200 turns huh? thats cute.
listen, leave this place, and enjoy the innocence you have. enjoy stellaris whilst you can. truly, you are blessed.

when you have become a cookie cutter evasion shield laser corvette spamming husk of a person and you realize there is utterly nothing going on in this game, come back, and wallow with us in hatred.
>>
>>344417697
1. vassalize is always a flat 60% warscore and you can integrate them after 10 years.
2. If you're warring against an empire in an alliance you can immediately declare against another member of that alliance with the wargoals being planets from the first member that you're at armistice with.
3.If you're warring against an empire in an alliance, once you've wiped out the major fleets they send after you, send your own fleet into the other alliance members territory and wipe out all their spaceports, construction/science ships, and satellites. It cripples them for years and you can just chain declarations as more nations get added to continually weakening alliance.
Also just as a general thing the penalty for going over fleet size is pathetic, build strong.
>>344418090
Ackshuly Disruptors and auto cannon have the highest DPS at higher research tiers.
>>
>>344418090
>laser corvettes
Say hello to my crystal forged bearers of torpedos. Your point defense wont stop all of my billions of torpedos fagget because i launch entirely too many
>>
>>344415198
>I have to pay like 50 - 80$ for the full game experience
>its okay if Paradox does it
>>
>>344419048
Enjoy your billions of torpedoes fizzling out in space when the one corvette they all targeted is destroyed while the rest of my legion tears you apart with auto cannon fire fagget.
>>
>>344419015
Still once they surrender because you are just fucking their shit up the forced peace is silly. There should be some way to not accept their surrender or something. Also im using wormholes so i first have to force one nation to let me make generators so i can attack them next.
>>
>>344419225
>tearing through my regenerating crystal armor
Also i think i found a use for military station just building overlapping ones with the hull regeneration so certain spots have an extra 15-20 percent regen.
>>
>>344419156
>having principles
Consumers lost this fight long ago, im not going to stop playing video games though
>>
>>344418090
>not going with tachyon battleships
evasion has been nerfed enough you can't dodge the tachyon lances anymore
>>
>>344419531
auras don't stack m8
still going full crystalforged is the best for a station given you get the +25% station health tech
>>
>>344419694
So do those weapons hit multiple targets or is there a weapon that does that? I thought cloud lightning might but im not sure
>>
File: 1464721509981.png (621 KB, 881x804) Image search: [Google]
1464721509981.png
621 KB, 881x804
>>344415198
t. cobra
>>
>>344419786
>auras dont stack
What about auras of a different type? But yeah holy shit crystal forged is so good. I went to war with a nation just to get access to a system with the crystal things in it.
>>
>>344419823
don't think there are any that hit multiple targets
tachyon lances however are virtually impossible to dodge, have max range and generally blow up a corvette in a single blow
and crystalforged battleships can have stupid levels of health combined with the regen aura
>>
>>344419970
auras stack 1 per type, battleship and station auras are considered exactly the same
basically have 5 or so battleships with one of each aura (4 if you don't use shields) and you're covered
>>
>>344419683
I just buy all my shit from Kinguin or G2A. They haven't taken a key away from me yet, so as long as I can shaft devs that aren't CDPR, I'm fine with gaming still.

I also like Respawn because I unironically loved Titanfall and I can't wait for Titanfall 2 because I'm normie trash
>>
>>344420064
Awesome, my last run got ruined because the prethoryns or whatever had an early invasion so im pumping out as much military might as possible.
>>
>>344420180
I guess, i just kind of stopped caring since theres no fighting it.
>>
>>344420214
tachyon lances also shoot instantly which means combined with their massive range its entirely possible to just disintegrate most of the enemy fleet before they can even begin to engage their weaponry

but using tachyons effectively does require a significant amount of lategame tech, the weapons themselves are an endgame weapon and ungodly energy intensive
>>
Got boring really fast
>>
Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.
>>
>>344415198
Go to the fucking general.
>>
>>344415198
I'm not a fan of 4X
>>
What about the late game torpedoes, are they worth using?
>>
>Masterpiece
First GrandStrat/4X?
>>
File: 20160604104440_1.jpg (421 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160604104440_1.jpg
421 KB, 1920x1200
I'm a babby when it comes to strategy. I really enjoyed it but it seems pretty limited. At least it acted as a gateway for me to get into EUIV.
>>
>>344422173
truly a dawn of post-meme era
>>
File: 1464444509824.png (422 KB, 370x526) Image search: [Google]
1464444509824.png
422 KB, 370x526
>>344422693
Willy waggle is still fresh in my mind !
>>
File: 1458858274582.jpg (559 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458858274582.jpg
559 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw 5 fps late game
>>
>>344422689
>Those Imperium borders
>Wacegi Guardian borders
>That northern portion of the map
Fucking hell
>>
>start up game
>kinda having fun
>100y later I'm invincible and conquering the galaxy is just a matter of time
>rinse
>repeat
>>
So is some kind of end game event guaranteed to happen or is there a chance I'll just be stuck with fucking nothing.
>>
>>344423160
How butthurt was someone to make that comic?
Last I checked most college athletes, or at least plenty are dedicated to their major, especially because injury is always possible.
>>
>>344424040
Don't worry, the Unbidden will fix you.
>>
File: respond 5.jpg (26 KB, 441x441) Image search: [Google]
respond 5.jpg
26 KB, 441x441
>>344422220
>>
>>344424540
Personally havent seen anything past 3rd tier torpedos
>>344424191
Get hype?
>>
>>344415198
Im enjoying it but I have yet to finish a single game, because the endgame atm is just a tedious grind with no real challenge. They really need to add more victory conditions other than just 'control 40% of habitable planets' and 'subjugate all other empires'.
It makes trying to play as a peaceful, non expantionist empire impossible and makes diplomacy not very useful except in some very niche circumstances.
Perhaps a unite all races under a single federation victory?
>>
>>344424184
It's from /pol/, if I had to guess I would say a troll probably made it.
>>
/gsg/ is a cancer
>legitimate monarchists
>extension of /pol/
>shitposts anything determined to be doubleplusungoodthink into oblivion
>>
File: 1464444057007.png (166 KB, 303x336) Image search: [Google]
1464444057007.png
166 KB, 303x336
>>344425525
>>
It's definitely a good base but it just needs content
I can't wait for all that DLC to pirate

Also is diplomacy pants on head retarded since the latest patch for anyone else?
>>
Having lots of fun on Hard mode

The AI gets a ridiculous 50% bonus to their fleet size, and it's really putting the pressure on me to make alliances, whereas on Normal it's way too easy just to steamroll.
>>
>>344424892
I'm pretty sure your federation counts toward the 40% control condition so you can do that already.
>>
>>344419015
>and you can integrate them after 10 years.
Unless they changed it it scales by their size, which means that later on it takes 50+ years which is silly
>>
Ignore and report shitposting
>>
>>344425678
diplomacy was pants on head retarded from the begining

>>344422220
Torpedoes lose a lot of utility as fleet sizes increase because they can't re-lock after being fired so your first barrage of torpedoes will all target one ship, disintegrate it, and then fizzle out in space which turns what would be a fairly decisive opening move fucking useless unless their point ship was a carrier or something.
Until they fix this bug torpedoes really aren't using once you have 100+ size fleets
>>
File: 1464310684130.gif (118 KB, 301x400) Image search: [Google]
1464310684130.gif
118 KB, 301x400
>>344426307
t. cobra
>>
It lacks non warfare ways of winning and mid / late game is tedious.
>>
>>344415198
After a few games there's barely anything to do.
Waiting on 20+ DLCs they usually shit out, gonna hopefully pirate them like for CK2 and EU4, then play more.
>>
>>344424184
haha holy shit. you're one stupid cuck aren't you?

>muh kominikayshuns dagree muh nigga bix nood
>>
The only thing that redeems this game is the random tech system; if you could just minmax the tech tree out of the gate, the game would be even more boring than usual.
>>
>have shitloads in my backlog
>still haven't bought Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3
>want to get into CK2 or Stellaris
I don't have 500 hours to spare, what the fuck do I do
>>
It's too simple, but still entertaining for a few hours. Diplomacy is extremely simple, few resources, economy is simplified as fuck and simple warfare.

After you learn the game it's only fun if you play as an underdog or roleplay according to your faction traits.

Distant worlds is still the superior space grand strategy
>>
>>344426376
Are missiles the same as far as targeting?
>>
Bump, we can talk about video games here too
>>
>>344428341
Stellaris will only take you 40~50 hours.
>>
>>344415198
>masterpiece
is this your first 4x/grandstrategy?
Its horrible unfinished mess. Maybe it will be masterpiece after two years of patches, DLCs and mods, but now is Stellaris in every way inferior to games like Distant Worlds.
>>
>>344431314
Not him but its my first and even being barebones it has a level of content im not used to
>>
>>344431314
>Its horrible unfinished mess
>recommends Distant Worlds, a game that needed 5+ years of development and shitload of expansions and patches and mods to even be playable
wow
>>
>>344430249
there's literally no point in playing Stellaris instead CK2 right now, though, is it?
>>
It just feels so limited
>fleets have no focus, auto agress everything and fire randomly at everything they're fighting
>means i often have fleets firing at random stations and shit at the fringe of fights rather than the enemy fleet ontop of them
>after mid-game planet buildings dont matter much, making 1000's of energy and minerals a month, not worth plowing over my navy cap just to get rid of minerals
>technology is limited
>after fully researching everything i can, i can still not (in the base game) construct or repair ringworlds or the buildings on them.
>cant terriform barren/dead planets
>can't adapt other advanced (crisis/event factions) technology.
>game after crisis events in solo player is just mopping up
>game after crisis in multiplayer is a slugfest
>wardec's in solo become a game of take 5 planets, wait 10 years and hope they havent taken/made 5 more.
There's just no real endgame.
>>
Started war against Fallen Empire that was at the other side of galaxy. Was going to test how they react and did not think I could even have any chance with my 17k fleet. Well, for some reason, not even a month passed and they pretty much teleported in my home system with overpowering fleet. Even more surprising was how they got raped by my fleet and fortress that was defending it.

Got some nice tech from them, but how the hell they just popped in my system like that? Was really weird how hard they got raped too. Currently sitting at pathetic strenght compared to me.
>>
>>344415198
Has the robots mod been updated? It didn't seem to work too well the last time I played it
>>
>>344436059
fallen empires and other powerful enemies use something that's a mix of warp and wormhole tech, itquickly teleports fleets long distances without the need for wormhole generates
>>
>>344436862
I think they're called Psi Jumps or something, really powerful "I can think I'm there oh wow suddenly I am" drive
>>
>>344435438
>cant terriform barren/dead planets

You can't make your species native to such planets and unable to live on normal ones either.
>>
>>344415198
It's shallow shit for people who've never played a proper 4X or GS. All the content apart from custom race creation and few random events is practically a watered down and casualized version of Distant Worlds: Universe.

There's not even that many roleplaying opportunities compared to Paradox's previous games, making mid- and late game in particular a huge drag due to lack of things to do. Both internal and external politics are laughably simple and there's nothing to do in the game apart from twiddling your thumbs around and *hoping* that a galactic crisis occurs to provide some sort of a challenge. Only available victory condition is military conquest, which is also made painfully slow due to Paradox certified arbitrary blob prevention warscore system.
>>
Is there a way to prevent slaves from breeding on sopme planets, but allowed them to breed on others?

I dont want them breeding on my home planet, only the planet I found them on
>>
I love stellaris, I like playing with hyperlanes only because that gives the galaxy real geography.

A few things I don't like is how limited diplomacy is, its extremely basic and no matter what I'm doing it seems that everything I do makes everyone mad. Theres no real negotiation and trying to make another empire not mad at you is extremely difficult.

Influence maintenance of frontier outposts is kind of broken. For the cost of 1 inf/month you can have a little piece of extra territory because there are no inhabitable planets there. Influence also costs when holding someone as a vassal, tributary, or any guarantee or defense or independence. It also costs monthly influence if you want to do anything with nationwide policies. This pretty much boils down to, if you want a frontier outpost you can't have policies or empire relations. If you want other empire relations you can't have policies and other stuff.

The technology and skill system is extremely limited purely because of RNG. Having RNG technology instead of a real tech tree like in other games makes expanding in desired ways extremely difficult. This pretty much puts you down to not only hoping you have good planets near you but also hoping you get good enough technology to inhabit those places.

Fleets seem to have no real focus fire option, tactics or shit. My long range fighters keep burning in close to enemies for no reason when I know the enemy has short range weapons. Suddenly my missile ships are brawling with laser ships when they should be kiting from long range. There is no way to tell a fleet to "keep at range" or "quickly get up and brawl" Also Fleets won't focus fire, which is a huge pain in the ass because fleets will shoot at one target, leave him with like 10% health instead of killing him off immediately. Generals/Admirals don't really do anything but give passive bonuses and don't actually direct your fleet in anyway.
>>
>>344415198
Nigger there has been a general since day1.
>>
>>344437979
purge them off of your home planet and keep your base species at home?
>>
File: 1468050886662.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1468050886662.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>344422968
This gave me a massive boner
But Console version never right?
>>
>>344438028
I shoe horned my fleet to "kite" a bit by putting super long range Tachyon Lances onto them, once the fleet engages really far away my lances immediately start firing. But the gimmick doesn't last if the enemy fleet actually survives long enough to get in range.

Another issue I have that stems off of diplomacy is how bad Border Friction is. I went from having a +150 friendly AI that I went to war together against another nation. When we dominated that nation and split up the planets, suddenly a good portion of my empire was touching his and he IMMEDIATELY hated me for -150 causing all good relations we had to go sour.

It also means mid to late game diplomacy is pretty much all pointless with neighbors since they all hate you for touching borders.

Internal turmoil is also kind of hard to control. When you start expanding far away from your capital system excessively. People just start their own anti-factions against you and its extremely hard to quell when they all cost so much influence. My advice is to take a government ethic that enables you to have slavery or purge. Its so much easier to just enslave an unhappy people or purge an unhappy people than it ever is to try to integrate or make an unhappy people happy again.
>>
>>344438797
Never had any trouble with factions.
>>
>>344434929
it is now, thats the point
automatization of micromanagement in DW is best Ive seen. In Stellaris you either have non-functional sectors or tiresome constant clicking on upgrades.
Especially jarring is lack of features common in other Paradox games like ledger, different map modes (added in patch), etc.
>>
>>344435258
Space?
>>
>>344439106
Pretty sure Stellaris was rushed. I think Paradox went public just a few weeks after its release, so they wanted something to boost their stock quickly so they'd make more money on the IPO.
>>
>>344438797
Another thing with factions in your empire is that there is absolutely no diplomacy with them, you get 3 stupid options which is bribe their leaders which costs huge amounts of influence for some reason, Integration Campaigns which I can't figure out if they work or not and the 3rd option to quell their supporters via media which is the cheaper of the 3.

>>344438979
I went to war with a nation that had a very opposite political ethos than me. I was militarist materialist and he was collectivist pacifist. So when I took over his planets I couldn't enslave them and I couldn't purge them because I wasn't a xenophobe. So this faction with 100% opposite views of me was constantly unhappy and there wasn't anything I could do about it.

>>344439106
This is another issue. While Sectors effectively remove some micromanagement, the sector and the sector's governor won't do anything to solve unhappiness. Many pops simply go unemployed, severely unhappy and the fucking governor won't do ANYTHING to solve starvation. The only way I unfuck the planets is to spend influence, take them out of the sector, unfuck them then put them back into a sector.

What happens I find is that if a planet ever has a hint of lack of food and a small bit of unhappiness the two basically stack exponentially on each other.

So the populus doesn't have a lot of food which makes them unhappy, because they're unhappy they make less food and then they become even MORE unhappy.

Since its in a sector you can't change planet tiles to fix starvation so its indefinitely unhappy and indefinitely sucking resources unless you fuck the sector
>>
>>344439553
>So this faction with 100% opposite views of me was constantly unhappy and there wasn't anything I could do about it.
I'd just load them up with defensive armies and wait for them to make their move. Eventually they'll get over it.
>>
>>344439217
>Pretty sure Stellaris was rushed
thats safe assumption considering condition of game and sad realities of gaming industry. I just don't get why they published Stellaris moth before HoI4. Did they just want to boost their popularity before publishing their main ip or something?
>>
>>344439635
What's even the point of having unproductive pops in your empire, all it does is hinders your research
>>
>>344415198
It really needs like 4 or 5 paradox jew expansions before it'll be a good timesink

I've been enjoying HOI4 in the mean time, which comparatively only needs 2-3 paradox jew expansion before it'll be a decent game
>>
>>344440623
there isn't and because of the way sectors work and how the AI treats sectors theres no way to unfuck your empire if it wasn't made efficient to begin with.

I love Stellaris because its very similar to Sins of a Solar Empire but its severely lacking in development. I don't want more complex shit but many of the features are extremely underdeveloped.
>>
>>344415198
blobbing is the only point of the game right now and when you do that a half dozen times it loses its appeal
>>
>>344441401
This, because of a lack of tactics like in Sins of a Solar Empire its pretty much just Fleet v Fleet and who ever gets better RNG wins
>>
>>344439106
>it is now, thats the point
If that's the point, why are you saying stuff like this
>different map modes (added in patch)
Features fixed in patches and expansions count for DW but not for Stellaris or what? I mean I agree it's stupid it was not there on release, but it's there now.
They also fucked up by promoting it as a grand strategy game, it's a 4x game at it's core with some minor GS elements, people go in expecting something like Hearts of Iron in space and then either get disappointed or complain about features that don't even exist or wouldn't really work in a traditional space 4x game anyway.
>>344440242
>Did they just want to boost their popularity before publishing their main ip or something?
Stellaris was the best day 1 selling Paradox game ever, and sold a shitload more than HoI4, which is already nowhere near as popular as CK2 or EU4, so assuming they're not retarded Stellaris will be their main priority for the next few years and they'll be using funds made from selling more shitty EU4 and CK2 DLCs and HoI4 to push more content for Stellaris, not the other way around.
>>
>>344415198
>it is a masterpiece

only a swede defending their jew company would say this
>>
>>344439201
Sure, but there will be shitloads of DLCs coming out the next couple of years, and it seems to me like the game is empty as fuck due to that. CK2 doesn't have those problems, right?
>>
>>344442743
>years
its been a few months and this game is already dulling because of the lack of expandability
>>
>>344443462
not him, but I think that was his point
CK2 is already complete, Stellaris won't be for a long time, i.e. CK2 is the better game right now
>>
>>344443462
>its been a few months
Exactly 2, which is less than a few even.
>>
CK2 is complete dogshit. Why people even defend it? Because muh incest simulator?
>>
>>344443918
regardless, the game while having great elements like it should has very lack luster late game content and its lacking diplomacy, fleet engagement or just tactics overall makes it lack luster
>>
>>344443918
>Exactly 2, which is less than a few even.

adjective, fewer, fewest.
not many but more than one:
Few artists live luxuriously.

Faggot.
>>
>>344435258
They play nothing alike and cover different themes, the only thing they share is paradox and that you control a realm.
>>
>no content post early game
>arbitrarily limited in scope to conform to paradox tropes
Having the whole wait and seige then land your armies then repeat for 20 in game years to take 4 tiles then wait for a 15 year truce is such fucking bullshit. The game is completely idiotic and way to mired in paradox's past.
These tropes have no place in a space game.
>>
>>344442376
>Stellaris was the best day 1 selling Paradox game ever, and sold a shitload more than HoI4
yeah, but did they expect success of Stellaris? They tried new stuff quite different from their other established games (even autists in /gsg/ don't accept Stellaris in their general)

>why are you saying stuff like
I guess I'm not exactly fair to Paradox, but I got into DW only last year, I'm fan of Paradox grandstrategies, and I hoped that Stellaris will be better version of DW. And Swedes weren't even able copy paste features from EU4.
>>
>>344439201
>muh Crisis of the Confederation
>>
>>344433178
And would you proclaim that harry potter is the pinnacle of literature after having just recently learned how to read?

It is not a problem that he likes it, it is his grandiose statement that reeks of inexperience.
>>
>>344428341
gsg games have a much harsher reputation than they actually are

it only takes a couple hours to learn 99% of the stuff in any of paradoxes games, including eu4 and ck2 (hoi3 and vicky are a little more complicated)

And if you play on the highest speed (like most people do) a game will only last maybe 8 hours. So in 50 hours played you can have experienced a lot of the game.

This is all assuming you aren't a retarded individual who has never played a strategy game before
>>
never played any Paradox game before
should I get CK2 or wait for Stellaris to get good?
pls no meme answers
>>
File: harrisonford.jpg (220 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
harrisonford.jpg
220 KB, 600x324
>>344425525
>not being a monarchist
>>
>>344444720
EUIV is easier than CK2.
>>
>>344444720
get into ck2, its the much better game

get into stellaris only if you have never played a gsg or 4x game before because actually a lot of what you learn in stellaris transfers over to ck2 (they all use the same engine and the same ui and stuff)
>>
>>344442743
Yes but i absolutely love space games. I still boot up ftl on occasion.
>>
>>344415198

From everything I've heard, it's going to be killer after 3 DLC.

So I'm looking for a combo edition circa Christmas 2017.
>>
>>344443728
Nobody outside of people usually playing Paradox games even gave a shit about CK2 (and even plenty of those people were shitting on it because some of the game mechanics were simplified or removed compared to some of the earlier Paradox games) until almost 2 years later, after they already released a few major DLCs, game going on big sales and a lot of youtube let's players started promoting it.
Just look at Steam charts, there are almost 5 times more people playing CK2 right now, then there were in the first year after the game was released.
>>
>>344444720
unlike Stellaris CK is finished game. If you are interested in medieval history, dynasty management or murdering your brothers and fucking your cousins you should definitely try CK2. IMHO CK2 is the best way to start with Paradox games, but that might be only my medieval focus.

Stellaris is meh at the moment, however if you want to rule your own space empire, you should definitely download DW
>>
>>344444698
Obviously not and theres no reason for you to attack the point as if thats what im saying. What im getting at is that for those new to the genre it feels like a masterpiece because im not used to this level of content. Im not that original anon so im just going to say i really like stellaris but i do really hope they fix a lot of the huge issues in it.

Also i figure an all out war option would somehow break the game but is there a mod to at least shorten the forced peace, or maybe let you deny them surrendering?
>>
>>344415198
Survey System gave me carpal tunnel unironically
>>
File: 001_zps4e3d118b.jpg (397 KB, 902x732) Image search: [Google]
001_zps4e3d118b.jpg
397 KB, 902x732
>>344444720

If you've never played a Paradox game, I'd actually suggest Europa Universalis IV before either CK2 or Stellaris. You'll find it more familiar and more focused.

t. an old paradox shill
>>
It's fucking dogshit though. Worst "grand" """""""strategy"""""" game they've ever released.

I'll just stick to liquoria 2
>>
>>344415198
Because strategy games are for autists
>>
>>344415198
stellaris is retarded esp when you get closer to winning it lags itself to death.
>>
>>344445985
>Old Paradox shill
>Doesn't even have the old Svea Rike games that were only released in Sweden in Swedish
Haha nej
>>
>>344444720
Stellaris is different to the other games
Paradox go Grand Strategy, Stellaris is a new one for them being a 4x game like Civ/MoO etc.

if you want into Grand Strat you play EU4 or CK2 first, CK2 is about characters and Dynasties, EU4 is more centralized and you controlling a whole country rather than say in CK2 you'd just be the king of said country.
>>
>>344444867
my narcissistic friend with Aspergers claimed that EUIV is hard as fuck, and he's got 800 hours in it
is he lying to make himself seem more intellligent than he is?
because if it's more complex than a game a literal autist think is hard, I sure as hell won't manage
>>
>>344447339
EU4 is easy as fuck
dont be discouraged by it's Grand Strategy label thinking it's hard.
>>
>>344447339

It depends on who you play. Paradox games aren't about creating balanced experiences. They're about dropping you into historical situations and letting you change them.

If you start EUIV as England or Castile, it's not hard at all. If you start EUIV as the Palatinate of the Rhine or Granada, you're going to struggle.
>>
File: whyevenlive.jpg (183 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
whyevenlive.jpg
183 KB, 894x894
>>344446069
>there will never be another Paradox game with such complex economy and inner politic
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.