[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What could've saved Mighty No. 9 from being as horrible as it is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 32
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 540x540
>>
better direction on all fronts
>>
having strong gameplay without the gimmicks
>>
No stretch goals.
Just use the extra money to make merchandise or some shit, or even just refund some of it.
>>
2D
>>
not being overseen by a hack
>>
>>344408585

Stretch goals are fine, depending on how you go about them. MN9's problem was that the infinite ports and online modes were at odds with one another.
>>
I'd really like to know exactly where the tipping point was that turned this hoped revival of a beloved character by way of a non-union Mexican substitute into a complete boondoggle. Was it when China got involved? I bet it was China. They have no fucking taste.
>>
They should have made a good game first before doing other bullshit. Its like all of those games that plan to be a trilogy right off the bat but end up being terrible and canceled after the first. This is what kinds worries me about FFXV, there is an anime and movie in the works before the game is even out. It is fucked
>>
If the protagonist bosses etc were all waifus,no one would careless if the game was shit and it would have been an hilarious combo with the trailer
>>
Proper management for one.

Not getting delayed for an online mode that could easily be patched in later for two. Seriously, who plays a Mega Man clone for an online mode?

Having more cohesive gameplay for three. It seems to be an amalgamate of old mega man series.
>>
Directed by Hideki Kamiya
>>
Inafune not making ReCore at the same time.
>>
File: magilou.jpg (178 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
magilou.jpg
178 KB, 700x394
>>344408320

Ironically a few more delays may have saved it.

God help the people who backed the 3DS version
>>
Better community manager
2D graphics
Not porting to every console on Earth
>>
Shut the fuck up, it's good enough.
>>
looking like skullgirls
being directed by based kamiya or mikez
a more transgender-friendly main protagonist
>>
>>344408320
Effort, Skill, Trying
>>
>>344409808
It really should have just gone to PC and one family of consoles, then ported later if it gained enough ground.
>>
File: 1448926154350.jpg (46 KB, 426x363) Image search: [Google]
1448926154350.jpg
46 KB, 426x363
>>344409863
this fucking guy
>>
>>344408320
I think they were too confident. Like they just thought the game would automatically be good, so they didn't put any real effort in, is the impression I get from playing. It's a paint-by-numbers, lame game. It's not like it was hard to make, it's literally a just Mega Man clone. There are a billion better Mega Man clones, made by absolute nobodies.
>>
I blame the 3DS version.
They gimped the graphics bad just to make sure it could run on the damn thing but it turns out it's still too complex to run on the clam.

I wouldn't be surprised if they purposefully sabotaged the Wii U version out of revenge for basically sinking their product. In fact, I bet the 3DS version is straight up cancelled which would be hilarious in hindsight.
>>
It wasn't that bad. just an aesthetic and creative void
>>
Checkpoints
Actually semi-decent level design
Animated cutscenes/less cutscenes
Releasing it only on PC/PS4/XBO/maybe Wii U and not ten billion other fucking platforms
No cheap ass one hit kills with bosses
No text boxes during boss fights
>>
>>344408320

2D
2D/3D
Remove, PS3, 360 versions
Remove 3DS, Vita, WiiU versions if 3D. Only allow if 2D.
Remove extra bullshit like online modes no one cared about.
Follow a KISS mindset.
Hire directors with experience in 2D platformers

They didn't know how to use Unreal Engine 3 at all. The sheer number of ports meant that they had to follow a lowest common denominator approach. The PS3/360 versions make zero sense. If the game was released on time, they would have been after the PS3/Xbone was out. And the PS4/Xbone was a very late stretch goal.

Very large amounts of the game's budget and time was spent on ports and extra bullshit modes no one cared about.

Even without these issues the game would have just been "okay. Nothing special. They didn't have anyone on team who knew how to make good 2D action platformers or levels. The "Mega Man veterans" Inafune promised were composers and artists like himself. You'll notice in updates they talked a lot about the characters they were making. Because it was all artists.
>>
>>344409863
>good enough
>not better than nothing
fuck anon, you had one fucking job
>>
>>344408320
A team comprised of people who have done actual management and not just drawings

And I say this as a professional artist
>>
>>344410627
>>344409732

3DS and Vita verisons are nowhere to be see, so we can assume they're cancelled.

>>344413574

Inafune's been a Producer for decades. You'd think that he'd pick up some management skills somewhere.
>>
Dina wasn't just the problem but I think she should not have even been hired. I heard she didn't tell the devs what the backers on the forums had to say about the demo because of "hurt feelings" take it with a grain of salt, don't know if I read about it here or not.
>>
Comcept seems a shitty developer, since they wasted 4 years and 3.8 million of publisher money developing that Penguin pirates game that got cancelled.

One cancelled game, one massively delayed one. Comcept has an issue getting projects done on time and on money.
>>
Use all the four million on the game for actual consoles instead of spending it in merchandise and shoddy delayed ports for handhelds.
>>
File: remember mega man.jpg (120 KB, 850x823) Image search: [Google]
remember mega man.jpg
120 KB, 850x823
>>
on the other hand. there's going to be some hilarious shit to come out of this for years to come.
>>
>>344413802
>$3.8 million was lost on Kaio
>MN9's Kickstarter got them $3.8 million
>>
>>344413675
>Inafune's been a Producer for decades. You'd think that he'd pick up some management skills somewhere.
You're right man, but he spent the whole fucking time "critiquing" the character designs for the Mighty Numbers and test playing incremental builds of the game and apparently nothing else. The Backer emails for months were just purely "Look at the new Mighty Number design! Now here's how Inafune shat all over the original and lead it to looking like a generic Robot Master!"
>>
>>344408320
not being released
>>
>>344408803
>Stretch goals are fine, depending on how you go about them.

MN9 Stretch goals were horrible and shouldn't exist at all. That is what the anon you quoted meant.
>>
no stretch goals
>>
File: 1467841939224.png (260 KB, 663x690) Image search: [Google]
1467841939224.png
260 KB, 663x690
>>344408320
Call E.
>>
File: 1467509476543.jpg (110 KB, 680x681) Image search: [Google]
1467509476543.jpg
110 KB, 680x681
If Iga pulls off even a decent game on time, he will make Inafune look like a god damn idiot.
>>
>>344414901
Capcom must be having a field day with this shit going down.
>>
File: BxKf3HXCMAApzJl.jpg (57 KB, 600x585) Image search: [Google]
BxKf3HXCMAApzJl.jpg
57 KB, 600x585
It shouldn't exist.
>>
>>344417110
There's already been some pretty good kickstarted games though. The flops are just more interesting to follow.
>>
>>344414193
Post more lewd Roll.
>>
>>344417364

Iga is using Inti-Creates to make the game, so it's mostly the same people as MN9. So if one project is delayed for years, and they use the same team, what does that say about Comcept? These guys seem to have issues getting games out. That pirate game they were working on got cancelled, and wasted 3.8 million of publisher money.

Comcept is burning bridges left and right. Mega Man fans, publishers. Maybe the Chinese next.
>>
>10 platforms
wew lad
>>
File: my face my soul jill.png (153 KB, 1101x598) Image search: [Google]
my face my soul jill.png
153 KB, 1101x598
I backed Mighty Number 9 for 60 dollars
>>
>>344417110
It's going to be exactly the same as every other Metroidvania.

It's very unambitious, but whatever I guess.
>>
>>344408320
Less gimmicks
Graphics that don't look shit
Less kickstarters.
>>
>>344417904

It looks like the NDS games in 3D. Some of the deisgns are more anime-y I guess. It looks like a mash up of Aria/Dawn, Order and Symphony.

Which is... what people wanted.
>>
1: Don't port it to everything, just focus on PC, PS4, and Xbone. If they're dead-set on getting it on everything then they should have made it 2D so it could port more easily.
2: Get some guys on the team that actually have experience. The director had never even directed a game before, the idea of trying to pass this off as a game made by Mega Man veterans is ridiculous. Inafune's whole team just seems to be made up of amateurs who have no clue what they're doing.
3: Inafune needs to control his greed. The moment the Kickstarter did well he immediately went back into his Mega Man franchise running days of trying to squeeze every drop out of it before it even hit the ground.

The bare minimum that they needed to do was make a competent Mega Man clone and get it out at least close to on-time, which isn't asking much at all, but they fucked up on everything and soiled it in the eyes of fans so even competent game wouldn't be enough after all the delays and mishandling.
>>
>>344417504
Inafune's day in the industry are numbered. All he and his team done since leaving Capcom is fuck everyone over. The chinese are his last hope and I'm sure he's going to find a way to fuck them too.
>>
>>344417972
Yeah, graphics make a game suck. Good job.
>>
>>344417904
To be fair, making a new Metroidvania game in the year 2016 is ambitious enough by itself.
>>
>>344418170
>The chinese are his last hope and I'm sure he's going to find a way to fuck them too.

And it's called Red Ash. They have nothing to show for it since it was announced. It wasn't at E3. The Chinese are funding Red Ash because they wanted MN9 and Red Ash to be titles for their Android console. They must think that Inafune is this hot shot dev who will make high selling games. But Red Ash is looking like another disaster on the scale of MN9 or kaio king of pirates.
>>
>>344418064
I'd rather there be more satisfying platforming to it, but it's definitely going for the floaty stuff with long hallways of enemies and one or two floating platforms. It also just has the Aria/Dawn soul system in the game, which doesn't feel very new.

Just kinda bored of it his Metroidvanias being so safe. They never feel like they're trying to be better than SotN or doing something different like the other team did with CotM, they're pretty rigidly stuck in their formula by now.
>>
>>344418553

Every other indie is a metroidvania. Granted though, they have shitty pixel art graphics and aren't full 3D like Bloodstained.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 174x231) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 174x231
>>344417762
Brother. I know this pain.
>>
>>344418553
Except it's for the opposite reason that it was 5 years ago.
>>
>>344418693
Most of them aren't even notable really.
>>
>>344418772
>Most of them aren't even notable really.

axiom verge is one of the best games I've ever played.
>>
>>344418927
I did said most.

I have Axiom Verge. I haven't played it yet however.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M
Yet another game that looked better during development
>>
>>344418772
I think they are. If they were put out exactly the same but just somehow said they had Iga involved as the director/producer, they would have been hailed as some true successor to the genre.

Never underestimate the power of spokesmen cashing in on name value. It's what got stuff like Broken Age, Mighty No 9, Yooka Laylee, and Bloodstained shitloads of funding and recognition/publicity.
>>
>>344417110
THANK YOU IGA MAN
>>
>>344418586
I'm genuinely unsure the game will even survive. They had loads of development problems for MN9 and that game was supposed to be a fucking Mega Man clone. Hobbyists make those in their spare time for fun.

Trying to make a fully 3D action adventure game with a world to explore and lots of stuff to find and do just seems beyond their capabilities.
>>
>>344419290
I guess.

But in your examples all those games had creator fanboyism backing it just as much. And those guys have been around for years and years.
>>
>>344419474

They've brought on Hyde Inc to actually make the game. And they are... I have no clue. But the director is Masahiro Yasuma, who worked on event design for MM Legends. And he directed the hit Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z too!

What could go wrong?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Ash:_The_Indelible_Legend
http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,147936/
>>
>>344419662
But of those examples, the 2 that are out are solidly inferior to the series that these "creators" are trying to do another game for. There's been tons of sidescrolling action games or adventure games made by indies that completely outdo MN9/Broken Age, but they wouldn't get the same reception just because of who's involved, regardless of quality.
>>
>>344420726
Fair enough. I can't really argue that.
>>
>>344408320
Not spending a shit ton of money on putting the game on about 10 different platforms.
>>
>>344413675
There is literally one studio porting the engine to Vita/Wii U.
I see the Vita version coming out but what the hell is the 3DS port going to run on?
>>
Only having it on one generation of consoles and not all at the same time.

Not letting the fans in on the dev process.

Getting people to remember that this is how most Megaman games played.

Not starting a KickStarted during a time when people would literally pay 4mil USD as purely a "Fuck you" to Capcom for not making Megaman games.

Waiting to actually do merch and tie-ins.
>>
>>344408320
Inafune having nothing to do with it.
>>
>>344417762
I dont remember her with that face...
>>
>>344417762
>Want to throw $75 at System Shock
>Realize how likely it is that the investment will never be worth it.
If I want to support the game I should've just snatched up the $25 "get the game when it comes out" package when they were available
>>
>>344421135
I honestly don't see how it will ever run on 3DS without it being a fucking slideshow. The Wii U version already runs at almost unplayable framerates.
>>
>>344421630
They'll probably have to remake most of the game from scratch. At which point it'll be a damn good mobile Mega-clone. Mn9 works way better as just a portable game.
>>
>>344411747
Why not remove PS4 and Xbone instead of the PS3/360 ones? As you said, the PS4 and Xbone versions were late stretch goals. Why scrap the version that has been in development the longest?

The game is unoptimized as fuck, so it would be smarter to continue development on the version they've already been working for. Because of that, scrapping the PS3/360 ones would be a massive waste of money and resources.

Also, people still buy PS3/360 games, and the PS4/Xbone don't improve the game in any way. It'd be smarter to scrap those versions as well as versions for irrelevant platforms. If Inafune were smart instead of reckless, he'd leave MN9 on the PS3/360/PC, and he'd make MN92 for the PS4/XB1/PC based off of criticisms of the first game.
>>
File: megaman.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
megaman.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
How about not looking like complete shit for starters? Pic related, it's a 10 year old PSP game that looks better.
>>
>>344408320
Not porting every plataform under the sun at the same time.
>>
The real fun part, imo, is that there's probably a blind exec at Capcom who used this flop to go "Mega Man games don't do well anymore" and killed him for good.

I can't believe I defended the alpha builds of this
>>
Even when Bloodstained is going to be as bad or even worse, it isn't going to earn as much hate and loathing as MN9 for a simple reason: Igarashi isn't promising both the earth and heaven to his backers; he's just doing a SOTN clone and people agreed on that.
>>
>>344417110

THANK YOU IGA MAN. CHEERS FROM PERU. MAKE GOOD GAME PLEASE. DONT SHIT FUCK UP

ARIGATO.
>>
File: mighty-no-9-concept-art.jpg (45 KB, 638x391) Image search: [Google]
mighty-no-9-concept-art.jpg
45 KB, 638x391
>>344408320
Looking like it's concept art for starters.
>>
>>344408320
No9 is just mega man going turbo
>>
>>344408320
better graphics
>>
File: large[1].jpg (146 KB, 1062x2000) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
146 KB, 1062x2000
>>344408320
>>
>>344422182
Because the PS3 and 360 versions run legitimately worse in every way than the PS4/Xbone release. The PS3 version alone has some legitimately frame rate issues and graphical glitches that make the game look even worse too. Just look at the fucked up sun in Brand's stage.
>>
File: tSIAfuU.png (143 KB, 693x1034) Image search: [Google]
tSIAfuU.png
143 KB, 693x1034
Nothing. It's quite possibly the best megaman game out there.
>Listening to gayme journalists
>>
>using the Sonic 06 render when you burn not-Megaman.

It's deep, man.
>>
>>344408320
Give Call emotions, or at least relevancy to Beck. She didn't need a stage of her own to do that, she just needed more scenes with him. Do you know how many times the two interact with each other throughout the entire game? Not one bit. Call talks ABOUT him once to Sanda but that's it.
>>
File: bulb.jpg (250 KB, 693x707) Image search: [Google]
bulb.jpg
250 KB, 693x707
More brown waifus

Shitposting aside I think most of the game's problems have already been listed mulitple times within this thread: less ports, better graphics, less gimmicks
>>
File: mighty number bin.png (4 MB, 1296x2304) Image search: [Google]
mighty number bin.png
4 MB, 1296x2304
>>
File: mighty number improved.jpg (131 KB, 1044x516) Image search: [Google]
mighty number improved.jpg
131 KB, 1044x516
Best cutscenes.
>>
>>344430289
Her design makes me want to kill myself perfectly honest here.
glad inafune has almost zero chance to mess with gunvolt further
>>
>>344430856
I thought that her design was pretty neat albeit most of it being covered by the poncho
but her voice and her boss fight were fucking terrible
>>
>>344424836
If anything, it would justify Inafune not being with the company anymore
>>
>>344431391
it's just extremely fucking unattractive for me in general.
>>
File: call room.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
call room.jpg
280 KB, 1920x1080
The fucking cutscenes for starters, it really cripples the game.

So, I played back in beta, we didn't have that shit, it was decent, with some issues.

Also, they laid off the art staff too damn early, it needs more visual polish, and it just doesn't work in some areas, like, outright interfering with gameplay in some places.

The interface was put in early in beta, was universally hated, but they kept it anyways, it's completely unchanged from what went in back in the early alpha.

The cut scenes are also shit. It was awesome when they just had a big splashy one for bosses, that was cool, but now they take you out of the game, just so you can listen to a fucking talking head in the middle of the game, making it nearly impossible to get into a good groove, which means you never really sink into the controls like you need too.

The gameplay itself, contrary to the shit its getting, is polished, as far as actual movement, dashing, and enemies.

It's a speed based game where you're artificially paused at random, to listen to some backstory that will get old after the first playthough, which is bullshit for a game that is designed around playing over and over again.
>>
>>344432318
Oh, well that's fine. Different stroles different folk.
>>
Call needs emotions. She's designed for waifu.
>>
>>344430730
Does White only have like three preset models? Because I swear he spends 90% of the game in that pose and sitting on cardboard boxes with his dead fucking glare.
>>
>>344434116
No, Call D was designed for waifu because Inafune made her, hence why Call D is boring
>>
>>344434116
No. Call D is the waifu now.
>>
>>344434370
Call F is boring i mean
>>
>>344417073
Big floppy Call E tiddies would make anything better.
>>
>>344418143
>2: Get some guys on the team that actually have experience. The director had never even directed a game before, the idea of trying to pass this off as a game made by Mega Man veterans is ridiculous. Inafune's whole team just seems to be made up of amateurs who have no clue what they're doing.

The veterans are artists and composers. The core people making the game are just amateurs. No clue how Inti or Comcept even found them.
>>
>>344409231
>This is what kinds worries me about FFXV, there is an anime and movie in the works before the game is even out.
At least they were announced late in the game's development with more to show than just a single teaser and are coming out close to the game itself. Meanwhile there hasn't been any news about either the MN9 movie or cartoon since they were announced. SE's also using the movie to get non FF fans interested in the game rather than banking on the game's presumed success. To be fair that could just be something they made up for PR reasons but releasing it along with the anime before FFXV itself (and putting the anime on Youtube for free) makes makes SE look less jewish than Comcept.
>>
File: Developer vs businessman.png (451 KB, 923x598) Image search: [Google]
Developer vs businessman.png
451 KB, 923x598
they trusted a businessman.
>>
>>344434370
>>344434435
Why even bother having Call there in the first place, then?
>>
File: laughing dictator.webm (344 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
laughing dictator.webm
344 KB, 640x480
>>344414901
>>
>>344436147
>igarashi
>a hack like inafune
haha no
>>
They should've just focused on making a good game first, then if it turned to be a good game, do what they wanted to do and port that shit.
>>
>>344436794
wow you're smart
>>
>>344436886

Inafune got ahead of himself. He over estimated the abilities of Comcept, Inti-Creates and thought they could do anything. He thought the game was a surefire success.
>>
File: CmSsBWqUcAA_F0B[2].jpg (133 KB, 1200x509) Image search: [Google]
CmSsBWqUcAA_F0B[2].jpg
133 KB, 1200x509
Inti, Inafune, and Comcept are now pretending the game doesn't exist. He made an appearance at Anime Expo 2016, and MN9 was only mentioned once in passing. They talked about everything else Inti-Creates has done in the past, and what they're working on now.

Inti's booth had nothing MN9 related on display. Only a few things put in the back, out of the way.
>>
File: 1467780935998.png (278 KB, 650x1189) Image search: [Google]
1467780935998.png
278 KB, 650x1189
LOL
>>
File: 1467925312215.png (236 KB, 443x553) Image search: [Google]
1467925312215.png
236 KB, 443x553
>>344423746
>powered up
>looks good
It looks fucking worse than MN9.

You should have used a picture of Megaman 8, now THAT looks good.
>>
>>344436395
Inafune's way of saying "fuck you for not voting call D"
Call was originally really cutesy and expressive in early concept art, in the final game she's an emotionless shell that's not related to Beck in any way.
Trinity has the same powers as Beck and even the same 'logo' (with the lines arranged slightly differently), and was also made by Dr. White. She's the actual Roll of the game.
>>
>>344437415
>Azure Striker Gunvolt is getting a sequel
I remember it was okay, but did it actually do that well to warrant one?
>>
>>344409231
I, too, remember Advent Rising.
>>
>>344437642
>I remember it was okay, but did it actually do that well to warrant one?

It's probably super cheap to make, so sequels are not hard. It's also getting a fucking OVA, which is hilarious.
>>
>>344437529
Powered Up might have a shit style, but it does a lot of things Mighty Number 9 doesn't, like have characters animate and emote in cutscenes, and change their facial expressions and have mouthflaps when talking.
>>
File: mighty face.png (20 KB, 594x548) Image search: [Google]
mighty face.png
20 KB, 594x548
>>344437415

>mfw they had megaman zero art and videos on display, but nothing for mighty number meme.
>>
File: CmeAtuGUIAAntjG[1].jpg (392 KB, 2048x1364) Image search: [Google]
CmeAtuGUIAAntjG[1].jpg
392 KB, 2048x1364
>>344437415

This was the crowd for Bloodstained. I heard that Inafune's panel was only 1/4 of the room.

>>344437860

omg really? Were you there?
>>
>>344437767
>It's also getting a fucking OVA
So it's doing what they wanted MN9 to do but on a shoestring budget. That is hilarious.
>>
>>344437939

See >>344430620
>>
>>344437642
>>344437767
Is Gunvolt a good game?
>>
Being made by a different more competent developer
>>
>>344437558
Actually D's role as the final boss was pushed by backers on the forum, who thought her looking like Wily would maker her a nice villain-Call bot.

This combined with the implications Will White will be a villain if there's a sequel might be why she ended up remaining in the game.
>>
>>344438016

Gunvolt is building a franchise is a much more organic fashion. Inafune thought you could create a franchise in one step.
>>
>>344419004
Play. It.
>>
I thought it's just going to be thoroughly mediocre, but damn, this game is full blown red on metacritic. What in the world happened?
>>
>>344408320
Dash """"" system"""""
>>
>>344417762
I backed it for $200+
Laugh at me. I deserve it.
>>
Gunvolt also has graphics that are 10x better than MN9. Pretty good sprite work, nice animations. If MN9 looked like this everyone would be happy. Bland 3D is the worst of all possible scenarios. Looks bad, takes more power to run, harder to port to weak systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xApSoyLtrQQ

>>344438690

Might I ask why?
>>
>>344438198
It's okay. It doesn't try to be like Mega Man and really leans more towards the Zero and ZX games than anything. The tagging mechanic is hit or miss for people but it's overall better than MN9.
>>
>>344438405
>Inafune thought you could create a franchise in one step.
It is possible, but you need a BIG company to pull it off.
Inafune expected to do it with a small company having to live from Kickstarter and Megamanfans rageboner for Capcom
>>
File: 1463716166987.png (31 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1463716166987.png
31 KB, 1280x800
>No, my name is William White. I am not Bill Blackwell... and I haven't been for a long time.
What did he mean by this? The cutscene and his serious face made it sound like this was an important event but I can't see how it was relevant to anything at all.
>>
>>344438929
>Gunvolt also has graphics that are 10x better than MN9
Being better than MN9 gunvolt isnt hard though
>>
>>344438671

They were gonna make a megaman clone. People have been making megaman clones and ROM hacks of old megaman games for literally hundreds of years.

They put in all the things people hate about modern megaman. Shit graphics, shit characters, cutscenes to hurt the flow all over the place, stupid dialogue, waffling villains that hijack the gameplay to be talking heads for minutes at a time, boss fights are fucked over by characters that feel the need to talk over the action, the music is mostly shit, and they decided to port the game to everything, ignoring such obvious, universal truths as as 'unreal 3 doesn't run on the wii u.'
>>
>>344410627
Not even the ps4 is powerful enough to run the game properly. There's frame drops every now and then.
>>
>>344439469
An 8bit platformer with tight controls and features would've worked so much better.
>>
File: 1411592504429.png (178 KB, 336x440) Image search: [Google]
1411592504429.png
178 KB, 336x440
>>344408320
Heres the thing: its not horrible. Its a okay game but you faggots who give money to strangers are complaining when that stranger used the money in a bad way.
The game isnt at fault, you dumbasses who backed it are.
>>
>>344408320
coming out on PS1
>>
>>344429391
I just noticed this now hat you pointed it out
>>
>>344438254
You are ridiculously naive if you think that was anything other than a coincidence when every other instance of backers trying to influence stuff was wholly ignored. Inafune has a huge hardon for Dr. Wily, just look at how Zero, his Megaman, was made by him and he wanted X to become evil so Zero could kill him. Trinity, design wise, is a cute robot girl version of Wily. Connect the dots.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.