[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: INSIDE1.jpg (40 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
INSIDE1.jpg
40 KB, 1200x630
I gotta hand it to them, that's a hell of a fucking ending right there.
What did you all think of LIMBO 2 - Electric Boogaloo?
>>
>>344384003
It felt like much more worke went into it.
I really liked it.
Only wish the puzzles were a bit more challenging. It happened only 1 or 2 times for me that my first approach to a puzzle wasn´t the correct one.
>>
>>344384797
Though there were some pretty good ones that you almost can´t call puzzles like the part where you have to jump over a fence to get away from 3 dogs and then rip off boards from a wall
>>
>>344384797
Some puzzles did take me a few minutes.
The only ones I actually took enough to feel stupid about it were:
-The first time you have a button that floods an area and closes doors
-The time where you have the reverse flood mechanic and need to get up into the box so you can get up into the water so you can fall on the other side

I'm not complaining, though, even if it didn't have The Witness tier "What the fuck am I doing" puzzles, they were challenging enough to keep me entertained.
>>
Really wished when you broke out that you terrorised a town or something.
>>
File: 2865566030_d143112332_b.jpg (521 KB, 1024x987) Image search: [Google]
2865566030_d143112332_b.jpg
521 KB, 1024x987
I fucking love the part with the diving bell / mini-sub! I wish there was an entire game based around exploring wrecks and shit.
>>
I thought the ending was hot fucking garbage, but I had a good time playing through it.
>>
Is the game supposed to represent life? You start out as a young innocent kid and become a disgusting monster or something?

I really have no fucking idea how to understand what went down at the end

>>344386890
Probably my favorite part too, it was quiet and comfy as hell in there until the naked water demon girl showed up
>>
>>344386890
I liked it at the start but started getting bored of the water sections halfway through them. I think they over-relied on them.
Wish we had a bit more of fun Abe Odyssey like puzzles like that 20 man puzzle.
>>
>>344386890
isn't that basically what Song of the Deep is supposed to be?
>>
>>344387029
The actual ending was pretty fucking great in my opinion, assuming we're counting everything that happens from the moment you "merge".

If anything, the ending that disappointed me was the secret one. I destroyed all orbs, managed to solve the music puzzle and the ending lasts like 4 seconds. I get that it gives the twist that "Oh shit, the boy is a mind-controlled zombie too!", but it's honestly kind of completely irrelevant.
>>
>>344387040
If you watch the secret ending is basically confirms that the boy was being controlled by the blob from the very start.
>>
>>344384003
some basics to start actual discussion:

the boy was mind controlled by the human mind blob thing. see how 4 of those mind control things are attached to it until the boy removes it. it handily explains why the boy knows what to do and where to go and immediately to go inside that tank and free that beast.

the people all knew this would happen. many of them help the blob along and there's a miniature version of the ending environment with the trees and what not at one part in the final act.

you haven't escaped in the end, the trees you run over are very small and sound like props when you roll over them. when you bash through that wooden wall it also looks like a stage setup since its held up by wooden bars from the 'inside'.

the game is most likely in the same universe as Limbo as the mind control parasites can be seen quite early on.

I have no idea what the sound booms outside are. there's obviously some postapocalyptical thing going on but who knows what.
>>
>>344387409
It was fun playing as the blob, but I was in no way satisfied with my "escape". A lot of people are claiming there's minutia in the ending pointing to the idea that you are still captive, however.
>>
>>344386463
I thought for sure that's what we were doing. We were gonna kill every damn scientist. But nope, guess we just wanted to escape.
>>
>>344387456
>>344387517
The boy being mind controlled is a given, but I'm not so sure he was being controlled by the blob.
He could have been controlled by someone else that wanted to break out.
My interpretation is that we were playing someone mind controlling the boy and that he was the "heart" of the blob when he entered it.
>>
Is this the circlejerk shill thread?
>>
>>344384003
If there's any complaint I have, it's that a lot of the puzzles were "get this dangerous thing away from a button then run to the button before it catches you". It wouldn't have hurt to give some hint about what'd happen after the end, either.

It was a spectacular game, though. Reminiscent of Limbo in style, but its setting and mechanics were changed enough to stand out on their own. I'm torn between wanting to see more of the world and not wanting to make it less unique.
>>
>Denuvo

I can't wait to enjoy this game in 15 years where it won't exist!
>>
>>344388029
t. some poor nigger
>>
>>344384003

Nice shilling bro.
>>
>>344387517
The sonic boom section was pretty intense.

I was also wondering why the scientist seemed to be helping you at the end. As the blob, you also kill a bunch of people so I don't know what to think in that regard.

It seems as if the scientist had a contingency plan for when it escapes. If you notice that when you first enter the tank that contains the blob, the scientist were urging you to remove the connections.

I've played through it twice and I may play through it again to see what I missed. I believe they made the puzzles easier in this game because they want you to play through it again.

I'll admit that I was pretty scared when that long hair girl thing was in the water waiting for me. Now that I think of that part, was the girl thing purposely trying to drown you knowing what it meant for you(breathing underwater) to further your release of the blob?
>>
>>344384003
lol I completed the game and got a refund through. thanks suckers.

no way this 2 hour pretentious piece of trash is worth 20$. maybe if I feel extremely generous I will buy it in 10 years for a $1 sale but probably not.
>>
As someone who enjoyed all but the ending, the critical praise and total fucking nonsense. This game is literally Limbo 2, and just builds on the previous game in a lot of ways. It's no fucking 10/10 masterpiece though, instead it's just a solid sequel.
>>
>>344388095
wanting to archive games = poor black person?

The only reason I'm not completely shitting on this is because I would like more Danish devs to get out there.
>>
>>344388029
>>344388539
>Implying Denuvo will be uncracked forever
Even the Denuvo makers have admitted that they just want to delay piracy for as long as possible. Version 1 was eventually cracked, Version 2 was eventually cracked.

Maybe it will take half a decade, but it will most certainly happen. These games are future proof.
>>
>>344388340
I feel like this is a million times better than Limbo just because of the much better setting and concept. Limbo was a boring, well, Limbo setting.

I wish we had more moments where we were pretending to be braindead. That part where you jump and turn around if you're within the squares was cool.
>>
>>344388925
It was cool once. I even felt like it went on for a little too long considering. No way would I have enjoyed doing it again.

Besides you were just pretending to not be brain dead the whole game anyway.
>>
>>344389021
The opposite, if anything the game was pretending we weren't braindead the whole time.
>>
>>344389230
That all depends on this ending bullshit. I think regardless of whether or not you actually "escape" or not, the end was just complete bullshit.

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation for the events?
>>
>>344388792
http://www.gamersnexus.net/news/2470-mirrors-edge-catalyst-drm-limits-activations-to-4-upgrades

yay
>>
>>344389480
What do you mean the ending was complete bullshit? They may have not been clear on how the whole thing worked, but it was fairly straight forward. What are you confused about?
>>
>>344389697
You escape, but you don't escape. What is the purpose of making it out?
>>
>>344389853
You don't escape? Seems to me like you escaped.
>>
>>344390657
See

>>344388134
>>344387517
>>
File: 1465877968523.png (540 KB, 650x550) Image search: [Google]
1465877968523.png
540 KB, 650x550
So why the fuck were they building a blob monster? What was the purpose of any of the weird shit they made? (creepy water girls, mutated humans hanging upside-down in water, etc)

The ending makes enough sense looking at it directly, but I don't understand why the scientists were making this fucked-up shit in the first place
>>
>>344391921
It represents the game industry building the monster that is "gamers". You know, sexist racist hateful white men.
>>
>>344392329
Yeah no
>>
>>344391921

There is no explanation. The writers created a story with little to no substance or depth and then put a lot of obscure shit in it to make it seem "deep".

What where the watergirls?
Was the blob controlling the marching people?
Why would the blob controll a boy and not an adult puppet that was far closer?
Why would the scientists lure you into a trap but help you out of rooms you were ALREADY TRAPPED IN.
What was the sonic boom? (I actually thought it would be revealed the base was somehow alive, the boom being the heartbeat and the water sections the veines)
Why were the scientists all running to watch the blob when he was really doing nothing special?
Was it because it was somehow out of controll? If so why didn't they just shut it down?
Had the worms anything to do with the mindcontrol or did they just make pigs angry?

the list goes on and surely you could "explain" or rather justify a lot of these questions with quality headcanon but for me thats lazy storytelling.
>>
>>344393308
forgot two big mysteries:
Why was the boy able to breath underwater after drowning? I get he was maybe injected with something through the cable but it's still pretty vague.

Why the fuck were there children with with the scientists and staff?
>>
>>344391921
Also, the strange canisters full of "people" if they could even be considered that. Those canisters are only turned on in forested areas of the game. Perhaps the "people" are grown to do tasks?
>>
>>344393308
>What where the watergirls?
Some abandoned scientific experiment.
>Was the blob controlling the marching people?
Probably. The Humans were monitoring its capabilities.
>Why would the blob control a boy and not an adult puppet that was far closer?
The mind of a child might be easier to control, making the child's movements faster and more human-like. If it controlled an adult nearby, anyone would notice it at once.
>Why would the scientists lure you into a trap but help you out of rooms you were ALREADY TRAPPED IN.
They lured you into the trap out of desperation. There was no plan that involved everyone in the structure. When you got trapped in the other room, those humans obviously just want you to get away from them so they help you out from the room they're trapped in as well.
>What was the sonic boom?
Another Scientific experiment. Notice the crash dolls that are attached to the chairs where the sonic boom goes through? They were obviously testing something.
>Why were the scientists all running to watch the blob when he was really doing nothing special?
Maybe the locked cords attached to it was starting to give off weird and alarming readings when the boy got close to it, so all the personnel went to have a look to see what all the fuzz was about and if it was finally going to do something.
>Was it because it was somehow out of control? If so why didn't they just shut it down?
Like I assumed before, I don't think they could control it, only monitor and record its "actions" as best they could.
>Had the worms anything to do with the mind control or did they just make pigs angry?
The worms could be the first thing the blob tested its powers on before moving onto humans.
>>
>>344393308
>Why was the boy able to breath underwater after drowning?
It's like you said. Either he was injected with something from the cable or from the underwater girl, or the blob bypassed its controlled victims human needs and forced the boy back to life and forced its body to endure the water? Sounds stupid, but a blob of collective humans controlling other humans isn't very realistic either.
>Why the fuck were there children with with the scientists and staff?
It's not unknown for scientists and their staff to be allowed family visitors or for their family to live off-campus in their own quarters if they have good reasons. Maybe the children were going to be test subjects?

This is all just assumptions and hypothesis' from what I saw and thought while playing through the game twice.
>>
>>344388029
Limbo sold like 3.7mil copies on steam and they thought pirates were enough of a problem to use Denuvo.
>>
>>344396279
> that piece of shit sold 3.7mil
>>
I don't regret buying or playing it, but it's not a 10/10.

Overrated. near 0 replay-ability.

7/10 seems about right.

Don't understand the hype.
>>
>>344395570
>>344395632

This is pretty much exactly that I meant when I wrote: "surely you could "explain" or rather justify a lot of these questions with quality headcanon but for me thats lazy storytelling."

Half of your assumptions are basically "...science, I guess?". I'm not saying that they are bad, they make a lot of sense considering the developers have given us pretty much nothing to work with at all.

Maybe I just dislike this kind of storytelling but it makes me unreaonably angry when I read steam reviews praising this game for it's "great story".
>>
File: 20160705173802_1.jpg (110 KB, 788x936) Image search: [Google]
20160705173802_1.jpg
110 KB, 788x936
Watched a nearly 2 hour lp of it with no commentary.
Think the ending would have been better if it had cut to black when you break the final wall instead of just chilling at the beach.
Very nice atmosphere for the entire game, the final transformation was pretty good chok effect.
>>
>>344391921
My interpretation was:
-The blob monster was the "center heart" of the whole system
-The mutated human beings hanging upside-down are the ones responsible for controlling the majority of the zombies, they're being controlled themselves into controlling others.

No clue about the water girl, though. I just kind of took that as a "Oh shit it's a spooky monster from this world", I didn't even think about the scientists being behind her.
>>
>>344400123
Also, I don't agree with the theory that the blob is the one controlling the boy. I think the blob was under control of the scientists until the boy broke in and started controlling it. I think whoever is controlling the boy is an unseen character that wanted to break the lab down and end their experiments.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.