[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you expect from DLC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 11
File: ds3-jaket.jpg (2 MB, 1965x2069) Image search: [Google]
ds3-jaket.jpg
2 MB, 1965x2069
What do you expect from DLC?
>>
>>344370443
I expect it to make the game not ass.
This is their last chance to make this game worthwhile, as it stands now this game is the weakest souls game. The DLC better be on par if not better with Old Hunters in terms of quality and on par with SoTFS in terms of amount of content.
>>
An old and weakOrnstein and smough
>>
>>344370880
Don't hold your breath
>>
>>344370880
>>344370997

What's with /v/ and shitty opinions lately?
>>
Go back in time and kick the shit out of some dragons with Gwyn
>>
>>344370880
Pretty much this
>>
>>344370443
I'm really hoping it has something to do with Londor, the Usurpation of Flame ending was such a fucking cocktease
>>
>>344370880
>weakest souls game
Every fucking time. It's so formulaic it's silly - whenever a new game comes out /v/ hates it and always, always, ALWAYS says the last game was better. I bet every single video game I own that when TESVI comes out people will praise the shit out of Skyrim on here.
>>
>>344371448
But that's wrong. DaS3 being bad doesn't magically make DaS2 good.

One tried too hard to be differently and it failed
One tried didn't try hard enough to differentiate itself and it failed.

They're both still good games. Just weak souls titles.
From shouldn't be allowed to make sequels.
>>
File: 1455870305746.jpg (32 KB, 450x410) Image search: [Google]
1455870305746.jpg
32 KB, 450x410
Enemies who twitch out and move in CRUAAZY unpredictable manners and have infinite stamina that you have to stunlock to kill.
>>
hopefully, some more viable Miracles/Sorceries. Shit sucks when you have to dedicate 60+ levels and get to Ithryl just to do decent damage and find decent spells.

Also, Primordial Serpents. And maybe a DS equivalent of a trick weapon.
>>
>>344371632
>The thought of the games From could have made instead of DS 2 and 3
>It hurts anon, make this feeling go away please.
>>
>>344370443
Unique and interesting boss designs but ruin it with gimmicks like Pontiff, Ancient Wyvern, Rotted Greatwood, Yhorm, Wolnir, Gundyr. Or or or, a really cool boss but absolutely weak and shit easy to beat like Aldrich, Oceiros, Vordt, Dragonslayer Armor, Soul of Cinder.

That be great!
>>
>>344371759
So a copy paste of almost every enemy in the game.

As is tradition for Souls dlc.
>>
>>344372071
>Complaining about gimmicks
>Starts with ?Pontiff? and ends with ?Gundyr?
You even trying m8?
>>
>>344370443

Hopefully whatever the fuck that castle is near Firelink Shrine.
>>
Miyazaki gave up trying to make sense out of DaS ever since after the first one.

I just want a robust DLC that tackles the shit that needs to be tackled, like the serpents, and perhaps traveling back in time to the very first flame / war with the dragons to know more about the pigmy.

This is by far the most disappointing thing about 3. It's a step up from 2 in everything except that they went with random fanservice shit instead of thoughtful worldbuilding.

That won't fix the base version of III being dumb as hell, but at least there could be cool DLC for it.
>>
When will we get a Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 remaster?
>>
>>344372197
Pontiff, Easily beat with parry.
Gundyr, same as above.
Yhorm, storm ruler
Rotted Greatwood, attack weakpoints for massive damage
Wolnir, attack weakpoints for massive damage
Wyvern, lol plunge.

How are these not gimmicky?

The only good fights are Dancer, Twice Princes and Nameless in this game
>>
>>344372369
Demons' Souls remaster is up to Sony, not From.
Dark Souls remaster is up to From, but doubt it will happen.
>>
>>344371448
It's funny because this happened a lot with the entire serie.

>DaSII comes out
>after the first week of everyone saying it's the best game ever, people shit on it saying it's worse than the previous one

>DaSIII comes out
>first week of hype and praise
>people then proceed to shit on it calling it the worst and saying how DaSII was the best in the serie

It's pretty much wars between "muh first souls title" faggots at this point. It cannot be any other scenario.
>>
File: 615.png (245 KB, 469x468) Image search: [Google]
615.png
245 KB, 469x468
>>344370443
MotF
>>
>>344372516

Shits unfair man. at least release both because I'm not buying a damn PS3 just to try it.
>>
>>344372516
DaS1 remaster will undoubtedly happen.
Every cult game gets a free remaster.
>>
inb4 Solaire Sunbro Pray the Sun \o/ DLC

sick reference brought to you by D-Team since Miyasaki is working on three different titles at the moment

XD
>>
>>344372583
>after the first week of everyone saying it's the best game ever, people shit on it saying it's worse than the previous one
What's with shitposter's revisionist history? Dark Souls 2 was shitted on here and almost everywhere else on release. With DaS2 you could tell the game was off as soon as you started playing.

Also Dark Souls 3 looked similar to DaS1 of course it was going to get hype and praise, people expected a true sequel and it wasn't until after they spent an hour or two in the game to find out how shallow and bland it was.
>>
>>344372763
HEY REMEMBER THAT ONE COVENEANT IN DARK SOULS 1 HEECK YEAH YOU DO

FINAL BOSS IS SOLAIRE INCADESSENT FATHER OF SUNLIGHT

xDD
holy shit fuck dark souls 3
>>
I hope they add more characters/encounters in the base game. The League guy is an awesome example.

DS1 Dusk is another one, updating her dialog.

But I'm totally expecting just time travel or being warped 'far away'. I'd love some fucking DLC you can walk to.
>>
>>344371182
people who actually have opinions and can see the flaws of the game clouded by the hype that surrounds it.
>>
>>344372726
Bandai-Namco is easily likely to make it so.

Cloth physics tho
>>
>>344370880
Weakest is debatable, but I do agree that this game desperately needs something.
>>344371632
>From shouldn't be allowed to make sequels.
I really wish they weren't allowed to make Sequels. We could have got a new IP instead of Dark Souls 2 and 3, would have been fun having a new universe to explore rather than be stuck and limited into Dark Souls.
>>344372006
It's just not fair
>>
>>344372831
>What's with shitposter's revisionist history?
Irony: the post.
Everyone during first week of the leak said the game was amazing, the negativity only came from those preorder weapons and that interview where they talked about wanting the skyrim audience or something.

I would know. I made what became the most used DaS2 wiki map for the /v/ DaS2 generals during the leak, since everyone was asking for directions. Everyone was hyped and calling it the best souls game by far.

I also personally liked the first run but once the novelty wore out I found all the issues that you piece together once you have a complete picture of the game, and realize that there are no hidden item descriptions to tie the game with the first title. Ending being dogshit is another point, which ties to the opening having no point to exist and the whole quest just being an excuse to visit the game's locations.
>>
File: 1437109223326.jpg (866 KB, 1280x1909) Image search: [Google]
1437109223326.jpg
866 KB, 1280x1909
Some elucidation on what exactly the deep is
>Filled with swarms of flesh eating insects
>Ground is made of what makes us human
>Is even home to unseen horrors, such as the monster Archdeacon Royce can summon during the Deacons fight
Make it happen, please.
>>
>>344373346
First week of the leak isn't the first week after release
Only a minority played the leak.
>>
>>344372424
Being able to be cheesed doesn't mean its a gimmick boss. You can cheese most bosses with a lot less skill than it takes to parry Pontiff or Gundyr. I don't see the problem with a gauntlet boss like Wyvern but it should have been a harder gauntlet, Greatwood is a great boss, he wouldn't be better if you could just attack his bark till he died. Wolnir is too easy but who cares that the part you attack is the part you have to attack? Bosses having weakpoints just means positioning matters. Yhorm is a straight up gimmick boss, but hes still engaging, you still have to dodge around him and time your charge. Hes a hell of a lot better than the Storm King. The game is about adapting to the situation at hand, if every boss was just fighting a dude in a circular room it would be shit.
>>
>>344372583
>>344372831
I don't remember anyone praising the game so hard except for a select few when the game came out, especially not here or /dsg/. A lot of people just said they'd go back to Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>344370880
fpbp
>>
>>344372583
Discussion on DS2 hasn't changed at all. Its still the same dipshits championing their chinese bootleg and attacking other, better games to make them feel justified.
>>
>>344370443
Something original without a "DAE REMEMBER DAS1 xD" like most of the base game.
>>
>>344373624
>cheesed
Cheese is when you go out of your way to defeat a boss with ease, whether it making a max level build, RTSR set ups or using end weapon, or abusing game mechanics like tumblebuff or summon quit out. Using in game mechanics like Backstap/Riposte/Parry are not cheesing.
>>
Uhm, to be honest the only thing I'll want is more fanservice, especially in the form of the primordial serpents. It's such a waste their plotline was completely or almost forgotten besudes a generic "they are here".
I'll also be fine with some more Aldia. I detest SotfS but you can't just ignore the story elements it introduced.

In general, I think DaS3 did his work far better than two did. It's a sequel and doesn't want to be too ground breaking, it just gives more stuff to kill. DaS2 turned me off because it's a far too different game and I don't like things that are different. And while it's true I only replayed 3 two times, that's not an inherent flaw of it, it's just that at this point I'm sick of the series. I played Souls for far too long, no matter how many sequels they make I too am tired of them.

Also, the soundtrack of 3 is fucking amazing.
>>
>>344370443
poise
>>
>>344373910
Cheesing is using tactics that nullify the difficulty of the encounter to the point where it doesn't even resemble the intended experience. Parry spam is cheese.
>>
>hope
carthus dlc with a massive sand kingdom to explore. maybe add one or two sets from the previous games, giants and paladins for example, but make them old.
>expecting
londor, more ds1 shoutouts again
>>
>>344374239
Saying parry spam is cheese is the equivalent of saying attack spam is cheese.
Also parry spam doesn't do anything you still have to time your parries.
>>344374084
I disagree with everything but your last point. DaS3 OST is sickenly good. Gundyr theme best theme
>>
I want the big meme to come back. The one with the SL 99 Bandit. Don't care about mask functionality, I just want its form back in the game.

More weapon variety is a huge fucking must, too, as well as an actual balance patch. They fucking buffed all crits, including the Hornet Ring, as their idea of adjusting it for fuck's sake.

But for the most part, I just want crazy skills on crazy weapons. Give me a straight sword with natural Dark/Chaos scaling and a nice weapon art like the Gargoyle ones, or spears, greataxes, and more with unique Stances. I want spear/greataxe stances because enemies get that shit but you don't. Come the fuck on Miyazaki
>>
>>344374239
>Parry spam is cheese.
I am somehow on the fence with parries. While they did admit that killing Gwyn with parries was a waste, I don't think they ever did especially considering that for example you can do the same with Gundyr.

Cheese to me is more like "kill Gwyn in throw crystal soul spears that stunlock him on hit and he can't avoid because he has shit ai". Or, I don't know, Climax before they nerfed it.
>>
>>344372424
>Every DS1 boss: roll, attack, roll, attack, roll, attack
>Every DS2 boss: summon 20 AI phantoms, hide in a corner until they smack the boss into submission
Wow, the Souls series has such a great reputation for unique and interesting boss fights.
>>
>>344372205
That's Lothric Castle mate. After Oceiros, you drop down from a cliff and enter the Untended Graves.

Geographically, that means that past the same cliff in Firelink Shrine is the King's Garden which is right next to an entrance to Lothric Castle.
>>
>>344372763
fucking meme-a-hacki
>>
>>344374637
Nice reaching.
>>
File: hatapa.jpg (182 KB, 455x710) Image search: [Google]
hatapa.jpg
182 KB, 455x710
>>344374440
>I disagree with everything
You do realize that everything I wrote is not even a point you could agree or disagree (do you disagree that I detest SotfS? Do you disagree in me wanting more fanservice?), besides where I argued that 3 is better than 2 and the ost?

I'll add something that I really hate about 3 though. They put too many thralls everywhere and the section on the rooftops of the cathedral had a retarded amount of ambushes that got old quite quickly. And NPCs were quite horrible, and the few that are decent die. They also managed to put Lost Izalith once again in the game and I'd dare saying that, bed of chaos aside, it's even worse than it was in DaS1, a feat only FROM could achieve.
>>
File: 1468021479256.png (273 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
1468021479256.png
273 KB, 500x451
>>344374637
>Every Dark Souls boss: Press buttons

Wow, what a shit series
>>
>>344374835
People don't normally take that phrase literally like you autismo.
>>
>>344373348
They summon something?

Is that the curse-building attack? I've seen it a few times but never noticed that it spawned a monster. I bet you see it in the dark cloud on the ceiling.
>>
File: 1467769092984.jpg (787 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467769092984.jpg
787 KB, 1920x1080
>>344374934
Sorry anon, I realized the autism level was off the chart but I wanted to argue for the sake of arguing. My neighbour woke me up in the middle of the night because he wanted to spraysome bug spray on the fences around the house and it will take me hours to fully regain my complete shitposting abilities.
>>
>>344374440
>>344374503
I think parries are alright if sprinkled in, but if they become all you use to damage a boss you're just ruining the game for yourself and I don't feel bad for you at all. Why do people complain about how bad the game is when they ruin it for themselves like an aspie "because they can".
>>
>>344372205
>didn't even play the game
>>
>>344375178
You're right, it's up to us to make the boss challenging. We have to right to complain that a boss is too easy. If we find it too easy, we should just handicap ourselves. It's our fault its not a challenging boss. I agree anon. Absolutely.
>>
>>344375304
Once you learn how to do something it's no longer challenging, all video games are easy if you use this metric you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>344370443
Poise.
>>
>>344375178
While being too passive-aggressive, I think >>344375304 moves a fair point. I do agree that we can fix the game by self-limiting ourselves and I personally have no problems doing that I mean I like FFVIII which has to be the most broken game in existance, but it should be expected that the game is balanced. The mere fact that it can be cheesed in such an easy way just shows that there's poor foresight/playtesting at work. Or plain not caring.

>>344375461
But that wasn't his point. It's not a matter of learning, if in the game there's an option that's literally an "I win" button it should not be there, it should be fixed. Not everyone likes to impose challenges on themselves.
>>
>>344370443
a good game
>>
File: 1466549491283.png (14 KB, 530x444) Image search: [Google]
1466549491283.png
14 KB, 530x444
>>344375587
Never ever
>>
I hope they add in some more interesting spells, Pyromancy especially
>>
File: shrug.png (151 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
151 KB, 500x309
>>344375304
>Not using the cheapest possible strat instead of fighting the boss like a man
>Handicapped
>The moment you remember some people just like powergaming and don't give a shit about just enjoying playing the game and being immersed in it's world.
At least I enjoy playing videogames instead of complaining about the experience I created myself.
>>
>>344370443
At least one trick weapon pls
DLC having the new hardest boss in the game should be a given as well
>>
>>344371759
you mean those spooky-ass bitches from bloodborne?
>>
>>344375889
God forbid a game have challenge and depth that require some semblance of skill anon.
Guess we left all those games in the SNES days.
>>
>>344372424
>parrying = gimmicks
I beat pontiff and gundyr without even knowing you could parry them, and it takes a lot more skill than doing a plunging attack or hitting giant gold bracelets
>>
>>344373346
>that intro and story set up

Wow they sure made 'hollowing' boring as shit in DS2.

Don't help that all of the NPCs themselves have terrible story archs.
The two dickhead thieves (Paite??) are okay I suppose. Lucatiel is hamfisted and corny as shit and made out to be a 'grand tragic character' when nearly everyone in DS1 ended tons more miserably.
>>
>>344375889

making a legitimately hard boss would not gate anyone since they have access to summons, players like you will still have fun and players who like to have the satisfaction of beating a hard boss will be happy

its a win/win
>>
>>344376082
Im the one playing the game in good faith and youre the one powergaming and using the easiest strats and the games too hard for ME? Back to b8 so quickly?
>>
>>344370443
im expecting it to entertain me for about a month before i stop playing the game for a long period of time again.

Dark souls 3 is just far too linear and lacking in variety/replay value in comparison to the other two. good thing it's the last game in the series because i've got burnt out.

if they don't somehow directly connect all the games cohesively and give it a real ending. then pretty much every statement of dark souls ever having a good story are fucking void to me because i'm tired of these shitty cop outs of "time is convoluted :^)"
>>
Which souls game has the best girls?
>>
>>344376529
not him but your post is very confusing to read, your green text makes it look like you're shitting on "playing like a man" and advocating playing the cheapest way possible using its just a video game excuse

is english your first language?
>>
>>344376445
see >>344376529

I'm not the one using cheap strats to kill bosses dude, don't try and spin this into a skill matchup. I beat difficult bosses honestly and without cheese because when I parry a boss to death, I feel empty.
>>
>>344374869
>Every video game: have electricity
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 720x405
>>344373641
Holy shit, everyone panicked and shat all over it when we saw the fucking downgrade. HUGE sign of what was to follow, that something during development fucked nearly everything sideways.

Lot of people enjoyed it regardless; I've spent hours just using a neat straight and ultragreat sword, but everyone knew how shit it was.
>>
>>344376743
>because when I parry a boss to death, I feel empty.
I feel the same with rolling and lock on. (not as much with lock on because lock on camera gets you killed a lot). But for sure with rolling. In DaS2 it was okay, but the rest of the series rolling just feels like cheating.
>>
>>344370880
>as it stands now this game is the weakest souls

but Dark Souls 2 exists
>>
>>344376914
Well if backstepping was actually useful, then maybe we'd see less rolling.
>>
>>344377161
Can't have that, because DaS2 had it and remember Dark Souls 2 is bad.
>>
>>344376914
To each his own I guess. I find it really hard to think of rolling as cheaper than parrying where bosses are concerned. I find it much much less rewarding when I kill a boss with parries, and seeing as "the fact that I can parry this boss means its unrewarding" was the complaint I was addressing, I assumed the opposition does too. My point is that if your playstyle is causing the issue, you're causing the issue. There are many builds and playstyles that don't parry.
>>
>>344376914
>but for sure with rolling. In DaS2 it was okay, but the rest of the series rolling just feels like cheating.
Holy shit are you me? ADP was a god sense. I HATED the rolls in Demon Souls and Dark Souls. They were get out of jail free cards. It ruined me when I got back into Monster Hunter. Fuck that easy shit. If I'm not playing Dark Souls 2 I'm not going to roll. Besides it's more satisfying to beat a boss without dodging.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 500x650
>>344377004
Reminder that things were so fucked they not only felt the need to change spawns but fucking ITEM DESCRIPTIONS as well. "Oh yea the rotten used to be a king now".
>>
>>344377431
Fights should be designed around game mechanics, saying you can't complain because parry works is really dumb logic. From already said making Gwyn parryable was a mistake in dark souls 1 and 180'd and gave it to more bosses in both Dark Souls 2 and 3. A well designed fight takes into account the mechanics the game offers. Parrying a boss does make a boss easier, but you have to be good at parrying. It's a reward for your timing, as in this game the risk is usually death (unless it's Dark Souls 3, then the risk is 30-60% hp loss). Blaming the player for trivial content because he is using parry is the same as blaming the player for using R1 spam, or magic, or summoning. All I want is a well designed game, I know that's asking for a lot considering it's From but they've already proved they can make good bosses with Ludwig, Artorias, Manus, Kalameet, Ornstein and Smough, Lud and Zallen, Alonne, Ivory King, Nameless King, Twin Princes and Dancer.

Dancer is an example of a fight that is designed around everything the player can do. Dancer is argueably the most well designed fight in Dark Souls 3.

You can't parry her.
You can't reliably sit in one spot and chuck magic or range at her. Playing a range class requires coordination and reaction against this boss as oppose to most bosses in the souls series where magic makes the boss a joke. She will leap at you or do a long stab so you have to keep on your game.

You can't mindlessly mash r1 as melee, and you have to watch your positioning.

We need more bosses like this. We need good fights, not gimmicky ones. Fighting Yhorm without Storm Ruler is very satisfying, I feel like they designed him around hitting his head (hitting his head staggers him which leads to a riposte) and then copped out at the last second and added a weapon that kills him with ease. I purposely gimp myself to make fights fun, because most bosses you just have to (when it comes to souls games) because they aren't inherently challenging.
>>
Can we take a minute to acknowledge how solid of a game DS1 is? I'm on my first ever blind playthrough and I just spent three hours trying to beat Drake & Josh and succeeded though I did use homeboy Solaire to distract Smough during the first phase
But as someone who started with DS2 (+SotFS), DS3, and now 1, the first game has an advantage in my eyes because this was the first original fantasy-based gamed Miyazaki envisioned, before it got the reputation for being a super-challenging experience and dark and grim. And by no means, the two sequels did great with that motif, but there's something so novel about the first DS1, it's everything I wanted in the Zelda franchise when I felt like the adventure had too much handholding.

Anyway, OP, I'd love to have DLC expanding on Lothric Castle, its residents and its relationship to Anor Londo (if any), mainly because I'm curious as fuck about Ocelott.
>>
>>344378938
I do love DS1, but it's hard to argue that the game doesn't take a pretty significant dive after Anor Londo

The second half of the game, while still good, really doesn't feel as cohesive as the first half, and as many have said before, Lost Izalith in particular is pretty bad and has the worst boss in the series
>>
>>344376837
I enjoyed the game a lot, but don't see why people would lie saying it was universally praised here on /v/ on release
>>
>>344377689
>but fucking ITEM DESCRIPTIONS as well. "Oh yea the rotten used to be a king now".

was this in SotFS? I never picked it up, even when it was like $14 at one point
>>
>>344378938
Bamco and marketing should just let Miyazaki do his thing, These sequels were a mistake
>>
>>344370443
I expect more linear level progression with mysterious 1-way doors every 20 feet. Narrow hallways with 3 enemy gank squads who spaz at you with 6 attack combo's all of which take a third of your health.

I expect to still need to use 3 rings, offhand and helmet to get decent damage on a Sorcerer.

I expect offensive miracles to still make no sense. (skinny no splash, no tracking lightning bolts do extra damage in melee range? what the shit? shouldn't I get bonus's for lightning sniping like Zeus?)

I expect heavy armor to be useless except for fashion.

I expect weapon balance to make absolutely no sense to anyone who looked for 5 minutes at the numbers.
>>
>>344370443
more das1 fanservice with no substance
>>
DaS3>DaS1=BB>DeS>DaS2
>>
Laddersmith Gilligan is my favourite reference
>>
>>344381149
Das3 and 2 don't exist
>>
>>344381149
DeS=DS1=BB>DS3>>>>>>>>>DS2=Lords of the Fallen
>>
Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS2=DaS3
>>
I expect more enemies to move sanic speeds and while having unbreakable poise. So the same shit we have before.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.