[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I really want to finish Kingdom Hearts (only got up to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 45611_kingdom_hearts.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
45611_kingdom_hearts.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
So, I really want to finish Kingdom Hearts (only got up to the colosseum on the PS2 version [which, I still have]), but I'm really disappointed that the PS3 HD collections don't include the original music.
Do you guys think they'll release PS4 versions of the collections WITH the original soundtracks (just like they did with Final Fantasy X/X2 HD)?
Also, Kingdom Hearts thread.
>>
>>344364805
just emulate them, you get 60fps that way.
>>
>>344364805
They said they're considering a PS4 version so its possible. And considering Square now has a regular habit of including original and remastered music, I'd say its likely if a PS4 version does happen.

Though honestly, I don't know why you wouldn't want the newer music. Its not like the FFX/X-2 HD Remaster; its actually legitimately improved in most if not all instances.
Though regardless, if you really want the original music, I'd either wait a little longer or just emulate the games. The original games emulated won't be quite as pretty and won't have some of the quality of life improvements (opening boxes with triangle and controlling the camera using the right analog stick), but its still serviceable.
>>
>>344364805

The updated music is mostly solid in KH, Shimomura personally ensured that.

It's other things you should be worrying about, like the worse character models in KH1 and the glicthes and loading times in KH2.

In short, just play them on the PS2, but be sure to get the Final Mix version of 2. Easily pirated and translation patched.
>>
>>344365614
>its actually legitimately improved in most if not all instances.
I don't agree with that and the HD remasters actually have worse graphics than the original game's if you emulate them. They washed out the colors for some reason. And increased loading dramatically.
>>
>>344364805
I prefer the re orchestrations but if they ever do a PS4 edition I wouldn't be surprised if they let you choose.
>>
>>344366440
HD remasters have better models and I don't recall it being washed out at all.
>>
>>344365030
Nigger, I already own them.
>>344365614
>>344366440
The updated music is mostly solid in KH, Shimomura personally ensured that
>it's actually legitimately improved in most if not all instances
I've played up to Twilight Town in the PS3 version, and I disagree. It's one thing when it's faithful, but it's another thing when they straight change/add instruments.
>Riku Destiny Islands battle music now has buttrock elements
>Destiny Islands has chimes(?) instead of piano
I hate shit like this. One of many reasons why I don't like Wind Waker HD, either. If you were actually remaking the game, then I don't mind. It's another thing when you're just doing a simple HD remaster.
>>
>>344366751
It was originally designed for circa 2000 CRT TVs so I guess they could have adjusted the colour output for modern screens. There's so many other variables though (PS3 doesn't use full colour range by default for example)
>>
File: 2cvGK.jpg (122 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
2cvGK.jpg
122 KB, 1280x1440
>>344366751
The difference in models is negligible and it was.
>>
>>344367614
>Nigger, I already own them.
What does that have to do with emulating them, retard? Why would you own something you don't like?
>>
>>344367614
I dunno anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb9t_c_J0Uc
vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IvMOMHCtX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k28_pULtlAQ
vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHq5xmmyqmA
>>
>>344366291
>worse character models in KH1
The character models were improved in the HD version what are you talking about?
>>
>>344368572
Both are worse.
>>
>>344368869
They were 'changed', not really improved. The faces are worse and the outfits are almost identical.

I bet you think FFX HD's models were improved too.
>>
>>344367980
Whoa there's definitely a difference there
But what pisses me off the most is the cropped cutscenes
>>
>>344369049
They used the DDD character model(or was it the one from Re:CoM?) for Sora as far as I know

I don't see the big deal
>>
>>344369406
DDD and that model is worse for the most part.
>>
File: Specks.png (44 KB, 677x538) Image search: [Google]
Specks.png
44 KB, 677x538
>>344368079
I bought the HD version on a whim because of the cool artbook. Also:
1. I have a toaster
2. I thought you were talking about just emulating the vanilla PS2 version until I remembered that PS2 final mix exists. Either way, I have a toaster. So, I can't emulate.
>>
>>344369473
I don't see it
Looks better than the original one to me
>>
>>344364805
>tfw you can never git gud at ReCoM
I got up to the second Vexen fight and said fuck it
>>
>>344369584
He looks older and the mouth is higher.

There's no improvement, they just changed it for the worse.
>>
>>344369769
I got upto the end and Marluxia Final Boss 2nd Phase just kept fucking my shit up
>>
>>344369840
>He looks older
He doesn't
He looks exactly the same but the shade of red is lighter in the clothes and stuff like that
>>
>>344369981
You don't know what you're talking about at all.
>>
>>344370021
ok lol
>>
>>344369981
>>344369584
>>344369406
>>344368869

Sora isn't the issue, Ansem is. He looks significantly worse in every game after KH1, including the HD remake of 1.
>>
>>344368572
This makes me respect the devs so much more for taking the time to remaster the tracks. I didnt realize just how beautiful they made it. Holy fuck I must have not had ears when I was a kid if I thought the old soundtrack was good.
>>
>All these people with shit eyes and ears.

It's the HD remixes look/sound objectively better.
And its the same fucker saying the same shit over and over again every thread.
>>
Who's excited for 2.8?
>>
>>344373812
Not to mention the remixes have objectively better gameplay and more content. Especially KH1 which aged worse than FF7 and is impossible to go back to after playing the remix.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.