[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
POKEMON GO IMPROVEMENT THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: 169.jpg (60 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
169.jpg
60 KB, 578x327
I want to hear what you think should be done to Pokemon Go to help improve it.

>Region Exclusive Pokemon
I don't think that many pokemon should be region exclusive, but after the first few gens are implemented I think maybe make 100 of them or so exclusive to certain global regions
>Legendaries
Same goes for Legendaries. I think every legendary pokemon should be exclusive to one global landmark whether it be Mewtwo at Area 51 or Groudon at Mt. Vesuvius
>More teams
3 teams is nowhere near enough to keep things interesting. There should be at least 5 so that way it actually feels like it means something to have your team own a gym. Ideally, make it so people can make their own teams with a custom color and picture/emblem to hover over the gym. There could even be a scoreboard for people who own the most gyms.
>Leaving messages
I don't think there should be a direct chat, or way to see other people on the map because honestly that is a child rape waiting to happen. Instead, people should be able to leave messages or gifts at Pokestops for people to find.
>Pokemon Centers
I think the current setup of only being able to revive pokemon with Revives is a bit silly. I think that they should turn 1/4th of the pokestops randomly into Pokecenters. It functions the same as a Pokestop but you can also revive your pokemon. Make their map marker red and a bit bigger than normal Pokestops.
>>
>tfw you will never ever get an ISISachu
>>
>>344360434
> what you think should be done to Pokemon Go to help improve it.
Why not add some actual pokemon gameplay? I was a little disappointed with the hype when I couldn't even do a pokemon battle.
>>
>>344360434
NO, JUST NO, FUCK OFF
>>
>add pokemon battles
>music change depending on the weather and area
>>
Agree with all your points, a proper battle system would be good.
I'm still surprised that it didn't turn out to be absolute shit
>>
Ive been playing the game non stop for two days and cant seem to do the most basic fucking thing of catching a damn pokemon. The only one i have is the one they give you at the fucking start cause no pokemon show up for me. My friend who started today sat at the same table for two hours and caught like 20+ pokes and i havent even caught two yet and ive been walking everywhere checking my phone for them. What am i doing wrong? Am i wearing an anti poke shirt? Do i give off a natural repel smell? All i want is another pokemon.
>>
>>344363626
Music change is a must
>>
>>344365863
Wish I could just use my own music app and keep the sound notifications on.

been listening to spotify pokemon music
>>
File: ss (2016-07-09 at 02.10.19).png (72 KB, 570x487) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-09 at 02.10.19).png
72 KB, 570x487
>>344360434
Proper classic pokemon turn based battle, even if it's just between players and gyms. I don't understand this spam-attack gym bullshit.
Cool music pls

Also
>rate my favorites pls

http://www.dragonflycave.com/favorite.html
>>
>>344366334
Are you a member of Team Rocket by any chance?
>>
How to fix this game
>add minigame so you can grind for pokeballs
>remove CP, add in traditional level system
>add in pokecenters
>add in simplistic gen 1 battle system for gyms
>add in battling with other players
>add in trading with other players
>daily allotment of coins (100)
>add in other pokeballs
>be able to choose a team for a gym

You can't do anything without pokeballs. Add in some dumb ass pikachu minigame that you can grind in.
>>
>>344360434
adding some gameplay would be nice
>>
>>344366334
>kingler
You have good taste.
>>
pokecenters are your home.
you have to keep your phone at home for ~2 hours for them to full heal
>>
>>344364758
use the incense, luke
>>
File: corphish n kingler.gif (244 KB, 477x318) Image search: [Google]
corphish n kingler.gif
244 KB, 477x318
>>344366531
if only

>>344366685
these two guys are the only thing truly worth fishing for in pokemon games
>>
>>344366256
you can. just hit the pokeball from the overworld menu then look in the top right for settings
>>
DON'T YOU IDIOTS GET IT?? POKEMON GO IS THEIR FIRST STEP IN TOTAL HUMAN CONTROL I AM TALKING A SUBTLE BEHAVIORAL MANIPULATION THAT IS BOTH ABSOLUTE AND UNIVERSAL.

YOU ARE THROWING AWAY YOUR FREE WILL. YOU ARE INVENTING YOUR OWN GODS AND SHACKLING YOUR OWN HANDS
>>
>>344367038
>both of their shadings different

huh
>>
File: 14616171639682-3.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1750) Image search: [Google]
14616171639682-3.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1750
>>344367143
>not riding the tiger
>>
>>344367143
you've been playing too much ingress, anon. why not just calm down. go visit some cultural centers of importance. it will all be ok soon.
>>
>>344360434
can't have region exclusives without trading
>>
>>344360434
Integration with Pokémon Bank (even the 3DS ROMs of RBY do this)
Incentives such as occasional Shiny Pokémon or ones coded to have their Hidden Abilities when transferred to Pokémon Bank
Compatibility with Intel-chip phones and tablets
>>
Niantic is not a competent Dev team. That's the real issue.
>>
an item to use on a Pokemon close to you but just not quite in range that will have a 50/50 chance of bringing it closer or making it go further away.
>>
>>344368170

>tfw I've been playing ingress for years now and watching these idiots yap at niantic like they'll listen is nostalgic.
>>
>>344360434
>child rape waiting to happen
I thought of the same thing of course, but couldn't messages and whatnot be limited by your age? You give your age right at the beginning, so even if kids could lie, couldn't that cover Nintendo's ass legally?
>>
File: Cm4D4SlUIAA5k6Z.jpg (79 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
Cm4D4SlUIAA5k6Z.jpg
79 KB, 675x1200
Better servers...
>>
>>344360434
pokémon battles that dont make me look like a fucking retard and dont play like a fucking retard
pokémon centers because the current shit is bullshit
gameplay for people near each other (like trading and battling)
new generation of pokémon every 2-3 months to keep it active
more gyms/pokéstops in places that aren't urban
>>
>>344360434
>Try jumping
>>
>>344366334
Didn't cap my list before the site bugged out but

1:Feraligator
2: Scizor
3: Ampharos
4: Golem
5: Eelektross

Only did a top 5
>>
>>344363152
>no voltorb or electrode
I can deal with that.
>>
Play Ingress instead.
>>
>>344360434

I'd be all over this if you had more control of your Pokemon. Random battles are off putting.

I'd also like to see battling strangers and being able to trade Pokemon.
>>
>>344360434
Instructions and descriptions of the game's every mechanic. That'd vastly improve the game.
>>
>Pokemon appear by region
>People stop playing because they need to go to a different state to play

That's the dumbest shit ever and would actively kill the player base
>>
>>344360434
>dynamic weather

because if it's raining outside i dont want to look down and see the sun shining ingame
>>
it'd be really neat if the servers would actually let me sign up for this bullshit
>>
everything I want has already been said but maybe somesort of event thing like "visit all parks to fight a special trainer" and have like brock or some fucker show up. or maybe get an exclusive item like a tm a held item or even just clothing for ur char.
>>
I just wish they would be a bit more generous with the Pokestops. Like, I get the point is to leave your house, but when I'm out doing my regular thing (shopping, work, etc.) I still barely pass any of these things. There is a lot of stuff clumped together just a bit out of my way, and everywhere else is very sparse.
>>
Some of these were said, but whatever.

>Battle against other trainers
>Pokemon evolve through gaining EXP
>Pokemon have 4 moves
>Traditional turn based battle system
>Trade with other people

But at most the battling amongst each other and trading might get implemented. Everything else, no. They would never do that.
>>
File: 56102b9a2e[1].jpg (80 KB, 927x599) Image search: [Google]
56102b9a2e[1].jpg
80 KB, 927x599
>>344366334
Crobat/Gengar for lyf
>>
>>344372129

The Pokestop's and Gyms are all imports from the Ingress crowd, so if their is allot of interesting landmarks, your going to get allot of stops to hit up.

The devs were pretty clever in making allot of the gyms in places that younger trainers can go safely like churches, parks, and restaurants so you know their less likely to get molested or something.
>>
>>344372129
You just got a shitty area
>>
>>344372474
Makes sense.
>>344372504
Which sucks because I don't live in the middle of nowhere, quite the opposite in fact. But there's nothing special enough immediately near my house to be marked, so RIP.
>>
>>344360434
>Direct PVP with friends

>Random encounter with someone (walking on the street, phone rings, that nigger on the bench challenged me, battle him)

>seasonal exclusive pokemons (zapdos only appears on stormy weathers)

>daily quests

>select your main pokemon companion

>pokemon trades

>actual leveling system for pokemon, no CP
>>
>>344372129
the number of rewards should be inversely proportionate to the density of pokestops in an area
>>
File: 1462068411187.jpg (31 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1462068411187.jpg
31 KB, 540x540
Make wild pokemon spawns tied to nature coordinates and not roadways so us ruralfags can have all the wild pokemon while cityfags can have all the pokestops. Right now this shit just ain't fair.
>>
File: 1461496981335.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1461496981335.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
>>344373005
I know that feel, ruralbro.
>>
Its probably been asked a million times already but are they adding any other generations? Do you think they will?
>>
Basically what everyone else has been saying, actual battles, both wild and against other trainers, in the system of the actual games.

More ways to interact with Pokemon you have. I want stuff like HG/SS where the little fucker would do stuff, even just for flavor.

More moves, and have TMs as rare pokestop drops.

Be able to use moves in the overworld for effects. If I use sandstorm, Pokemon found in deserts start to show up, stuff like that.
>>
>>344373132
yes
no
>>
>>344373005
Holy fuck couldn't agree more.
>>
>>344360434
this game is going to make nintendo more money singlehandedly than all the games they've made in the last 5 years even if they only get some paltry amount like 15%. this idea is a literal moneyprinter and they barely had to do fuck all.
>>
How about some actual gameplay.
>>
>>344360434
>people should be able to leave messages
they wouldn't even add voice chat to splatoon. they'll never implement a way to leave custom messages because they don't want the kiddies coming across a special message from Senor Cockonface

same thing that killed swapnote. people cannot be trusted not to abuse those features
>>
>>344372251
yeeeeeeee boi
>>
>Pokemon """""trainers""""""
>Pokemon doesn't level with you

Wtf is with this CP bullshit?? We want the traditional leveling system!
>>
AN IMPROVEMENT WOULD BE RELEASING IT IN ANOTHER COUNTRY LIKE CANADA OR SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW
>>
>>344374023

Just download the damn APK and see if that works.

Unless your on an apple phone, then enjoy being cucked by the ghost of Steve Jobs.
>>
>>344374023
Trudeau wants Nidoran¤, Nidorinu, and Nidoxueng before we get the release.
>>
>>344369281
Underrated post
>>
>>344360434
give it actual gameplay
>>
they should have "bad guy teams" to join like team rocket
>>
>>344360434
for the love of god more pokemon spawns out in the world for those of us in rural areas
>>
test
>>
>>344368731
i'm seriously waiting for the stories to come rolling in of kids disappearing into the woods chasing a pikachu or some shit
>>
>>344360434
Fix the technical issues, more content and features later on, etc.
>>
>>344374023

I downloaded it and could play it fine on Android. People already claimed gyms and shit.
>>
>>344360434

Here's my version of Pokemon GO hear me out.

Imagine having region-specific Pokemon with exclusive stats and skills? So, a California Charmander can be vastly different from a Hong Kong Charmander. What do you think? I think it would give the game more variation than just the basic set of pokemon?
>>
Compatibility with Intel-chip phones and tablets

there's actually a petition on change.org to get more attention to the issue and I'm hoping it actually works
>>
What is with this game making every single church in my city a pokestop?

Anybody else seeing the same thing?
>>
I'd only be fine with region-exclusive pokemon IF it came with trading.

Also I think it'd be a good idea for pokemon to have higher spawn rates in more rural areas, that way people in the city actually have an incentive to go into the rural areas and vice versa.

I don't think we should have full on rpg battles with wild pokemon, might take too long. Gym battles could definitely use it, though. The match being determined by just fingerblasting your phone fast enough is kind of meh.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.