[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this utter piece of shit still a streaming standard for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: twitch_logo3[1].jpg (13 KB, 262x200) Image search: [Google]
twitch_logo3[1].jpg
13 KB, 262x200
Why is this utter piece of shit still a streaming standard for video games?

It's completely unwatchable for a lot of people. I haven't been able to make this cunt work even with livestreamer, it's always buffering central on every quality setting. When it randomly works, it's a miracle.

Youtube has a streaming service that should have already killed this useless company, so why is it still alive?
>>
Stop living in Africa
>>
>>344343567

Funny, youtube has no problem streaming to Africa.
>>
>>344343346
>cunt
Australian internet is shit, that's why.

>so why is it still alive?
Because nobody streams on YTG. Also the interface is shit and only shows FOTM games being streamed.
>>
>>344343850

Not in Australia either.

Google this issue, it's widespread in all parts of the world. Twitch is simply shit.
>>
>>344343346
does youtube have hilarious emotes and donation alarms? didnt think so kappa
>>
>>344343965
Never had any issues that weren't temporary (~2 hours) from any location in the US or UK. Sounds like you might want to talk to your ISP.
>>
>>344343346
get the dildos out of your ethernet ports family xD xD XD
>>
>>344344634

I doubt my ISP gives a shit about contacting twitch to fix an issue they only have with this one website that can't get it's shit together.
>>
>try streaming to twitch
>messing with the quality settings
>dropped frames out of the ass
Why? I know that ~1 Mbps isn't the best for streaming, but even at 2500 bitrate at 720p with 30 fps it was still awful
>>
Twitch works far better for me in Chrome than in Firefox.
>>
>>344345067
Uhmm, "2500" is literally 2.5Mbps
>>
>>344346228
sure, but I'm just going by what I put in my OBS settings
>>
>>344346312
You're going to need to use 1000 or lower.
>>
>>344346798
I'll try that, but won't the quality be literal dogshit? Someone in one of these threads mentioned that 720p/2.5Mpbs is the lowest you should go if you want decent quality
It already looked awful at the settings I mentioned earlier
>>
>>344343346
Why the fuck is streaming a standard anyways?

Nobody cares what you are playing speshul snoflaek
>>
File: 1462148115753.jpg (194 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1462148115753.jpg
194 KB, 1284x980
>going to a site predominantly filled with retarded short sighted millennials who are to lazy to get a real job so they e-beg on twitch thinking it will carry them 60+ years unto retirement
>>
>>344347008
If your internet connection is only 1Mbps, you'll have to do that if you don't want to drop frames unfortunately. Might be worth streaming at 480p, you'll have less artifacting.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.